Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not trains at all for Brentford.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But if they train it to Brighton, how do they then get to Falmer and then away after the game if there's no trains there?

I'm still assuming most will drive and use park and ride or come in coaches. Any coming by train would have to be staying in Brighton afterwards as the last train goes too early for them to get back, but there are cabs. Anyway, the fewer of them gloating at nicking three points off us the better.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
But if they train it to Brighton, how do they then get to Falmer and then away after the game if there's no trains there?

Walk?

It's only 4-miles, less than an hour at a brisk pace to work off the Xmas lunch. Back in Brighton for 11pm, will easily make the next train home, which leaves Brighton at 04:42 hours on Monday 27th.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Walk?

It's only 4-miles, less than an hour at a brisk pace to work off the Xmas lunch. Back in Brighton for 11pm, will easily make the next train home, which leaves Brighton at 04:42 hours on Monday 27th.
[emoji23][emoji1787] love it!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Once the Pretendance is announced could we all get together and sing.........

https://youtu.be/WGau8RBMNG8

You gonna be in trouble going "off message". It's not "Pretendance" it is officially "sold attendance" as stated in Mr Barber's chippy response to the WAB article. Here is the quote and the link:

"....it is standard practice across the Premier League and EFL to announce their sold attendance..".

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...im-and-season-ticket-empty-seat-farce-3499878

Nope. Me neither. I googled the phrase "sold attendance" and the only reference I could find to those two words being used in that order and in that way was....well....you've guessed haven't you?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You gonna be in trouble going "off message". It's not "Pretendance" it is officially "sold attendance" as stated in Mr Barber's chippy response to the WAB article. Here is the quote and the link:

"....it is standard practice across the Premier League and EFL to announce their sold attendance..".

https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...im-and-season-ticket-empty-seat-farce-3499878

Nope. Me neither. I googled the phrase "sold attendance" and the only reference I could find to those two words being used in that order and in that way was....well....you've guessed haven't you?

Nope - there’s an article from Man City as well explaining that is how they operate.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c.../man-city-etihad-attendance-fixtures-15141980

"Manchester City record various data sets in relation to the number of people inside the Etihad Stadium on a match day including fans, staff and contractors for operational and security purposes.

"The attendance figures published by the club are based on ticket sales, both match by match and seasoncards, of which the latter sold out in record time ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.

Last edited:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Walk?

4 miles in less than an hour ? Walking ? That’s quite a pace you re setting there !

Jul 7, 2003

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
What ever way you want to view this it is going to be embarrassing for both the club and Sky. There will be swathes of empty seats and I look forward to the official cringeworthy announcement thanking us for our support........... or will they this time? Could be awkward given that £28K ticket sales does not translate to those actually in the ground. I for one would love to know how much the club pushed back on this? I fear our support is simply being taken for granted nowadays.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's a big assumption that come 26th December there will be sufficient bus drivers to run the planned number of shuttle services too. Train services are currently being decimated by crew shortages.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's a big assumption that come 26th December there will be sufficient bus drivers to run the planned number of shuttle services too. Train services are currently being decimated by crew shortages.

Well l know on Govia the weekend rotas are all planned around the assumption that crews will want the overtime to operate the trains. At Xmas though, irrespective of how high the overtime rate might be, many drivers will prefer to stay with their families.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well l know on Govia the weekend rotas are all planned around the assumption that crews will want the overtime to operate the trains. At Xmas though, irrespective of how high the overtime rate might be, many drivers will prefer to stay with their families.

Well, it was more the current surge in covid that I was thinking of. That is what is currently impacting train services. If their aren't sufficient staff available to operate the depots and drive the buses because of positive cases, then it will be very difficult to provide the envisaged level of service.

el punal

I'm disappointed this fiasco is still going ahead. A rearranged fixture next year would have benefitted all concerned, and especially the poor fans trying to juggle family commitments on Boxing Day/night and virtually non-existent travel arrangements. But then fans who actually attend matches have long ceased to be any concern of the powers that be.....

SASTA wish Saladpack Seagull and all Brighton and Hove Albion fans a very Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year, and, safe in the knowledge that wherever you go, and at whatever time, you can rest assured we will f*** it up for you. :bigwave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here