Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Not Maguire again !!!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maguire surely has played his last game for England, after that woeful performance, lucky not to be booked with his first foul about a minute or so after coming on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
That was stunning by Maguire, should guarantee first choice pick for minimum next 5 England games

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Dunk was soooooo good, surely even Southgate must see who should be starting…..

I’m really not holding my breath though.
Southgate’s defence of Maguire in the press conference suggests that he could score 10 own goals and Lewis would still not get picked ahead of him.

A friendly - albeit an important one - and Colwill and Tomori can’t get on ahead of Maguire.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Southgate’s defence of Maguire in the press conference suggests that he could score 10 own goals and Lewis would still not get picked ahead of him.

A friendly - albeit an important one - and Colwill and Tomori can’t get on ahead of Maguire.
Yep - it’s a siege mentality kind of thing… Gareth and Harry against the massed ranks of evil pundits, opposition fans, our own supporters… who are ALL wrong.

As Gareth says: he’s a senior and very important member of one of the strongest England squads ever… (ffs)

As you say, if he can get away with his latest gaff… almost gifting a very mediocre Scot’s team a way back into a game they’d barely featured in… well, he’s always going to make the squad for our Gareth and once Stones is fit, I suspect Lewis will revert to the bench and/or the not selected pile… especially when you consider the Palace bias factor.

It’s simply ridiculous that Lewis has 2 ‘caps’ - but when you consider who the manager is and his quest to defend the down trodden etc. it’s a self fulfilling prophecy.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Southgate, stop trying to be this "people's person because I'm a good manager, you know" thing.
Maguire is **** and we all know it. Time you accepted it too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here