Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Not a single song from the away end today.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Population of Hull is over a quarter of a million.

I'm not knocking their numbers, for a 5.20 ko on TV I thought it was actually pretty good.

BUT they were so quiet, you actually didn't know they were there.

They had a horn a few times, in reply the North sung "You can shove your fcuking horn up your arse".

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Possibly. Remember it being empty in every side of the ground. Funnily enough we packed it out towards the end of the play off season (90/91?) when Mark Barham scored a late winner

just goes to show how things can change-

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hull is a bigger city than their nearby neighbours Middlesbrough, who managed bigger numbers and much more noise.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Possibly. Remember it being empty in every side of the ground. Funnily enough we packed it out towards the end of the play off season (90/91?) when Mark Barham scored a late winner

Was at the Barham game. The first time I went to Hull was the late 80s and there was hardly anyone there. We lost (I think) 5-2 and I have vague memories of a comedy own goal.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Seemed to be a nice mix of fans though, a lot of families and older generation. I could hear them in the Upper west occasionally.
TBF there wasn't much for them to sing about in the first half.

D

Deleted member 18477

Absolute joke support.
Their team are currently in a play-off place, Saturday afternoon kick off and a nice stadium and they bring 800 fans. Awful support.

It was on TV. It was an evening KO which would have meant getting home late. We wouldn't take anymore to Hull under the same circumstances.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
It was on TV. It was an evening KO which would have meant getting home late. We wouldn't take anymore to Hull under the same circumstances.

100% this!! Yes I know the thread title is about how quiet they were but for the people commenting on their numbers I doubt very much that we would take that man to a 5.20 ko on tv!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
they were quiet for sure but they were there! All power to their collective elbows.
Seemed a good bunch with a fair old mix and not just a bunch of yoofs intent on homophobic "jokes" and aggravation.
Whatever floats your boat I guess but it always seems that those who applaud a more anti-socisl away support are themselves camped at the other end of the ground

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I had my first sensible conversation with an away fan on the train to Falmer yesterday. Made a nice change from the usual rubbish away fans come out with. If they want to sit there in silence that's their choice. For me Barnsley were the quietist so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here