Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich at home?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
There are few things I would less rather do on a Tuesday night in July than pay money for a ticket and go through the hassle of travelling to The Amex, only to watch a pointless friendly between two Championship squads (albeit one dressed up as an EPL club). Seriously, anyone thinking of going to this needs to have a look at themselves and their social lives. There has to be more to life than a friendly against Norwich.

this

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Are even Roma THAT much of a draw? Did they win anything last season?

At some point someone has to point out that you are being a bit of a **** here. Please list all of the bigger European teams we have played at home in your lifetime, or even in our entire history ?

A couple of decent signings with a manager in place and we can expect a decent crowd for this one (15k plus).

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Friendlies annoy me. I know they're a useful run-out for players and a way of getting some revenue in, but there's absolutely nothing at stake, no shame in losing, not much fun in winning.

Of course it's different if its Real Madrid or perhaps even Roma, but Norwich doesn't interest me. Nothing against Norwich ... I'd feel the same if it was Man City or Liverpool or Spurs, probably.

If I was going to any friendly it would probably be the Whitehawk game. Hastings away last year was fun too.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
hmmm describing us as a championship squad is a bit harsh!

12th followed by 11th placed finishes in the EPL requires more than a champ squad

Plus beat man u, man city, arsenal and everton last season

Ruddy - one of the best keepers in the prem We've got an ex Man U keeper and he's so good no-one can spell his name. Yours is just an adjective looking for an expletive.
Martin - scotland international So have we. It's no big deal. Actually we've got two. They're cheaper when you buy in bulk
Bassong - solid prem defender Err..yeah. Because you're in the premiership. If you were in the championship he'd be a solid Championship defender
Turner - solid prem defender see above
Garrido - ex man city and lazio full back Last season we had an ex Man City player and another played for England in the last World Cup
Snodgrass - scorer of most direct free kicks in the prem last season (only Pirlo in the top 5 european leagues scored more) That's nice. Is he any good at tackling, scoring in open play, setting up goals, defending? He's at Norwich so I'm guessing not. Still - nice to have someone who can do tricks at parties
Johnson - midfield beast That's the sound ofa barrel being scraped. I bet Orient have a midfield beast too.
Howson - scorer of one of the prem's all time greatest goals at man city Ryan Harley once scored a superb goal for us. He's shit too
Pilkington - world class on his day And let's hope that day comes soon
Hoolahan - irish magician I got mugged by a magician once. He took my wallet and every 10 pence piece I had behind my ear. Does yours do birthday parties?
Van Wolfswinkel - a snip at 8 million for the new van persie If you wanted to buy a striker with a comedy name you could have got Creedence Clearwater Couto and David Goodwillie and still had money left over to fill Carrow Road with Bernard Matthews Turkey Twizzlers.

Bit surprised by such a lack of enthusiasm for a prem team coming to town tbh Don't take it personally. We're like this about every dull premiership yo-yo team that's there just to make up the numbers

...I was bored so I replied.

At some point someone has to point out that you are being a bit of a **** here. Please list all of the bigger European teams we have played at home in your lifetime, or even in our entire history ?

A couple of decent signings with a manager in place and we can expect a decent crowd for this one (15k plus).

Not saying they're not a big club (although there are at least three bigger in Italy), but personally I couldn't name one Roma player so it's not really that exciting. There are no connections between the clubs either, so it doesn't MEAN anything.

Each to their own I suppose. You ****. :smile:

Oct 25, 2003
Not saying they're not a big club (although there are at least three bigger in Italy), but personally I couldn't name one Roma player so it's not really that exciting. There are no connections between the clubs either, so it doesn't MEAN anything.

you seriously can't name ONE roma player?

totti? de rossi?

no?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

If we are mid table next March and virtually guaranteed to stay up and highly unlikely to make the play offs, will you stop going ?

I know you can't read too much into these games. After all based on the Chelsea game last year, Barnes, Buckley and Vicente looked a potent front line, with Crofts providing new momentum and energy to our midfield. That I can remember this, suggests there was something about the game. Reading by contrast was totally dull, as were one or two of our meaningful games last season.

I bet if you bothered to check you would find there are a few Roma players familiar to you.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Tend to enjoy the away friendlies more tbh

Might be tempted by Roma or something odd like that, but doubt I'll go to Norwich. Might do the Crawley one as not actually been there before :eek:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
I'll go to the Saturday game, but Tuesday night would mean leaving work early and I'm not prepared to do that to watch us play Norwich in a friendly

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Using this game as an oppo to sit in the East Stand - although interestingly I've been able to procure 6 tickets under my own name. Will this mean they'll send me paper tickets?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I certainly won't be spending any of my hard earned on Norwich at home.

I prefer the little local friendlies to these sorts of games to be honest if only for the chance to see the players close up - in a very manly non-sexual way of course. :blush:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Phoned up yesterday to get my tickets and the ticket office described sales for the Norwich game as 'brisk', said they are expecting an audience in the region of 15,000.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I may use this game as an opportunity to take my 5 year old son for is Amex initiation. Wouldn't care too much for the game otherwise.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With both home friendly games available for a total of £20 this could add a few more onto the Norwich game's attendance figure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here