Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich at home?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm going away on camping on 29th to Norwich with friends. The match gives me an excuse to come home Tuesday afternoon and sleep in a comfy bed before returning for Wednesday back in Norwich

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bit surprised by such a lack of enthusiasm for a prem team coming to town tbh

No offence Mike, but you do realise that your team is NORWICH rather than Arsenal?

Seriously, when you were a decent Championship team, how excited would you have been about a friendly with Bolton?

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
There are few things I would less rather do on a Tuesday night in July than pay money for a ticket and go through the hassle of travelling to The Amex, only to watch a pointless friendly between two Championship squads (albeit one dressed up as an EPL club). Seriously, anyone thinking of going to this needs to have a look at themselves and their social lives. There has to be more to life than a friendly against Norwich.

Yep

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Depends if the club allow me to. I haven't, at time of writing, upgraded my 'membership'

Holistically speaking

With all due respect (none whatsoever) you are a Premiership Club in name only, one that seems hell bent on stripping us of our players, who's owner is quite simply one of the worst people I have ever had the misfortune to meet.

So in the words of some old Lush who's name escapes me at this time, "Lets NOT be having you" "Lets be having someone else"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
hmmm describing us as a championship squad is a bit harsh!

12th followed by 11th placed finishes in the EPL requires more than a champ squad

Plus beat man u, man city, arsenal and everton last season

Ruddy - one of the best keepers in the prem
Martin - scotland international
Bassong - solid prem defender
Turner - solid prem defender
Garrido - ex man city and lazio full back
Snodgrass - scorer of most direct free kicks in the prem last season (only Pirlo in the top 5 european leagues scored more)
Johnson - midfield beast
Howson - scorer of one of the prem's all time greatest goals at man city
Pilkington - world class on his day
Hoolahan - irish magician
Van Wolfswinkel - a snip at 8 million for the new van persie

Dont care its still Norwich. Not one of the big boys. Hardly gets the juices flowing. MEH

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
We have no trouble getting 28-30k crowds when it matters and over 20k for U19 and U21 internationals but a meaningless friendly against Norwich isn't likely to get the juices going, especially when many will be on their hols and have other options. I'd be amazed if its more than 10k.

The only thing that might change the turnout is the curiosity value of a new manager and a couple of interesting new signings. Otherwise most punters will save their £££s for the real stuff.

That's not to say it won't be a nice trip for the Norwich fans, the transport should be a doddle, enjoy a few pints of Harveys and some decent pies in the comfort of The Amex and maybe a night out in the City.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lol at mikes description.

Howson goal not even in top 100.

Team of champ players. Will see how you do this season, luckily for you palarse have bottom place locked up.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
The only thing that's annoyed me about TCB's post is it's encouraged an incredibly dull 6-toed yokel to give us an, albeit hilarious, in-depth breakdown of a dull team.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Providing they dont charge more than £15 - ill go. Anymore than that then the pricing is bad - especially with "AS Roma" a few days before which would be about £25 alone.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I went to a pre-season friendly once back in the mid 90s - it was dull as.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
If we play AS Roma on the Saturday (which would get 20K?, think we got 17k v Chelsea incl 5k Chelsea? ), then I think we will get considerably less than the 8k that turned up for Reading a few days later, and that was only that high because it was Kuipers testimonial game. I cant see many more than 5k, but I think a lot of that will depend on who has been appointed as manager!

I will go as the AMex is all of a 15 minute walk from my office!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here