Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwich at home?

There are few things I would less rather do on a Tuesday night in July than pay money for a ticket and go through the hassle of travelling to The Amex, only to watch a pointless friendly between two Championship squads (albeit one dressed up as an EPL club). Seriously, anyone thinking of going to this needs to have a look at themselves and their social lives. There has to be more to life than a friendly against Norwich.

Word.

Oct 25, 2003
i can see the benefit of friendlies to the players...and i actually think they're quite important. However as fans, these types of games against other english sides (especially one that we've played competitively recently, and will do again many, many times) are just so unappealing. I genuinely can't get over how much clubs get away with charging for this kind of game...why on earth do people fall for it?! I might go and watch us play a local non-league side, and will probably watch us play a foreign team that we probably won't play again....but NORWICH?! no thanks

i can see the benefit of friendlies to the players...and i actually think they're quite important. However as fans, these types of games against other english sides (especially one that we've played competitively recently, and will do again many, many times) are just so unappealing. I genuinely can't get over how much clubs get away with charging for this kind of game...why on earth do people fall for it?! I might go and watch us play a local non-league side, and will probably watch us play a foreign team that we probably won't play again....but NORWICH?! no thanks

Have to agree with this, the only "friendly" I've been to other than Burgess Hill in recent years was Reading, and that was only because it was Kuipers Testimonial, I would have gone to one "friendly" this year but I think it may not happen.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
On holiday anyway but I don't do friendlies - utterly pointless from a fans perspective.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
There are few things I would less rather do on a Tuesday night in July than pay money for a ticket and go through the hassle of travelling to The Amex, only to watch a pointless friendly between two Championship squads (albeit one dressed up as an EPL club). Seriously, anyone thinking of going to this needs to have a look at themselves and their social lives. There has to be more to life than a friendly against Norwich.

I have a rich and varied social life and I'll be making a night of supporting my team with a group of friends.

I suspect that the noun 'friend' has rather passed you by.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I've had a season ticket for 6 years and do cup and away games. Not sure i'll have enough loyalty points though :s

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Probably do it , got a few friends and family that haven't had a chance to do the AMEX and want to sit together , plus Pre-seasons tend to be the games I can actually sit back and enjoy!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Expect the tickets will be £20-£25, if so then I'll be going as that represents decent value, any more and that's too pricey for a friendly even if it is against PL opposition.

Sussex By The Sea
Jul 21, 2011
Agreed. Foreign teams are the only time it is acceptable to pay money for a friendly, as we're unlikely to see them live in any other situation.

I'm on holiday in Croatia and Montenegro that week with some friends. You'll be watching a meaningless friendly between two mediocre, half-hearted teams in front of about 3,000 people. And you think you're the one with a rich and varied social life?

I base my hols around the Albion, but I am loyal Goldstone era.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Agreed. Foreign teams are the only time it is acceptable to pay money for a friendly, as we're unlikely to see them live in any other situation.

I'm on holiday in Croatia and Montenegro that week with some friends. You'll be watching a meaningless friendly between two mediocre, half-hearted teams in front of about 3,000 people. And you think you're the one with a rich and varied social life?

Yes, because that's the only thing I'll be doing this year.

You self opinionated dullard

F

Jan 30, 2008
yes, but some of the lemons on here haven't got a life out of football
regards
DR

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Wonderful!!!!!!

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth

hmmm describing us as a championship squad is a bit harsh!

12th followed by 11th placed finishes in the EPL requires more than a champ squad

Plus beat man u, man city, arsenal and everton last season

Ruddy - one of the best keepers in the prem
Martin - scotland international
Bassong - solid prem defender
Turner - solid prem defender
Garrido - ex man city and lazio full back
Snodgrass - scorer of most direct free kicks in the prem last season (only Pirlo in the top 5 european leagues scored more)
Johnson - midfield beast
Howson - scorer of one of the prem's all time greatest goals at man city
Pilkington - world class on his day
Hoolahan - irish magician
Van Wolfswinkel - a snip at 8 million for the new van persie

Bit surprised by such a lack of enthusiasm for a prem team coming to town tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here