Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Treatment of Villareal Last Night?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No doubt the same bores who sing "[every town we ever play in away from home] is a shithole, I wanna go home" at every single away game.

I sing "Grimsby's a shithole , don't wanna go home" :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It went a bit ott but was originally a bit of harmless banter. We did decide to move from back of north to front mainly cos some prick nr us was taking the whole 'we're red they're blue, they're different, we must be horrible to them psychological theory a bit far.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I will not be standing up for the Palace chant, unless we get Palace in the cup of course. It's a bit tinpot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They weren't even Villarreal fans, as has been said they were mostly italian kids from the language schools. But I would imagine that the north stand 'ultras' :lolol:are pretty much the same age. I was in the East and when El abd came to the front, it was the spanish kids who wanted their photos taken with him. A lot of fuss over nothing.

Yeah but that was because he thought they were Bruno, very amusing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not been an easy week for the Spanish with the tragic train crash that claimed so many lives and three days of mourning in their country.

Can only presume that Vilarreal didn't want a minute's silence yesterday?

What a strange comment.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Disgraceful really, there seems to be a minority element of BHA fans who just seem to share a brain cell between them. 'Banter' in football is great, being abusive and threatening is beyond wrong and really does paint a picture of our fans that a lot of us object strongly to. Football is a SPORT not a gladiator fight.

When Liverpool lost the league to Arsenal in 1990/1991? Their fans applauded Arsenal, showing fantastic sportsmanship and classy behaviour, we make wanker signs at teenagers at a pre-season friendly. The mind boggles...

those Liverpool fans wernt so "sporting" in Heysel though were they.

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
A young Spanish gentleman who works with me part-time when not studying made the trip with five compatriots. As soon as he arrived this morning, I asked him how he got on. He said they all thoroughly enjoyed themselves (they're not Villareal fans - a mixture of Malaga, Real Madrid and Betis followers) and were particularly impressed by and grateful for the impeccably observed minute's silence following the Spanish train crash. In fact, that was the first thing he mentioned. Well played.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
What about the goalkeeper barracking when a goal kick or free kick is taken.

Does anyone else think that it is more than a bit juvenile and perhaps a non league sort of thing ?

Jan 30, 2008
Was it really necessary for the North Stand to treat last night's opponents as if they were just another mob from Barnsley or Burnley? The tedious chants of "f***ing useless" for every miss; the jeering and gesticulating at the Villareal fans in the north-east corner..." "Shall we sing a song for you", etc... It must have made Oscar wonder quite what kind of a place he'd come to.

When the impressive contingent of Spanish fans – most of whom were kids – left the North Stand early, at least the Cheerio chant morphed into Adios. And no doubt both sets of fans enjoyed post-matchpints of Harveys and sangria in the North Stand concourse afterwards.

But overall, it was embarrassing, and totally lacking in class. And it's hard to imagine our own fans got that kind of treatment on Albion's own Spanish tour. Anyone see it differently?
:facepalm:........................:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here