Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Treatment of Villareal Last Night?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I wonder how many people dishing out wanker signs to 14-year-old Italian students who, lets not forget, were giving our club money by coming along, buying food and merchandise etc, would be happy admitting it on here or to work colleagues etc.

"What did I do last night? Well, I went to watch the Albion but because the second half was a bit boring and I noticed some foreigners sat to my left I decided to start chanting at them and giving them wanker signs because it made me feel big and clever."

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When palace come down let's sit their and clap their fans like plastic muppets.

Seriously shut up...it's football. If you don't like the banter don't come.

Or indeed racism and homophobia.
Perhaps that bloke who got punched to the ground by Millwall in front of his family was just "enjoying" bit of physical banter, or perchance, the pile of vomit in the west stand bog was just a bit of alcohol induced inverse peristaltic banter.
Fortunately, there were half a dozen Spanish in front of us in the West and they seemed to be having a great time and not getting any abuse.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
As I pointed out earlier, they were not even SPANISH students. Most were Italian. And, having sat relatively near them in the first half, they were JOINING IN with chants of "Seagulls, Seagulls," etc.

One lad cheekily started a chant of "Italia, Italia" and it seemed they were suddently therefore an open target to a bunch of Brighton nobs in replica shirts who were bored of the second half and needed a distraction.

Disgraceful really, there seems to be a minority element of BHA fans who just seem to share a brain cell between them. 'Banter' in football is great, being abusive and threatening is beyond wrong and really does paint a picture of our fans that a lot of us object strongly to. Football is a SPORT not a gladiator fight.

When Liverpool lost the league to Arsenal in 1990/1991? Their fans applauded Arsenal, showing fantastic sportsmanship and classy behaviour, we make wanker signs at teenagers at a pre-season friendly. The mind boggles...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So were they being offensive then? Or just singing (somewhat ironically) ''****ing useless'' when the opposition missed an opportunity?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I was sat in WSL so I can only comment on what I heard and saw but I thought it was harmless banter, which the EF students seemed to take well..

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Before we get too hairshirt about this, let's not pretend that a similar group of English students at a friendly in Spain or Italy would necessarily get treated respectfully by all. Doesn't make it right, but a bit of perspective required I think.

Good point. Some friends and I were once pretty much forcibly made to leave a German ground by local fans purely because we were English. Unusual as the krauts are usually great hosts. Not a pleasant feeling though being the target for abuse purely for your nationality.

I put the blame for this behaviour at the feet of these utter eggs who mascarade as ultras in the north stand. Beyond cringe.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
now if we'd given them the 'Loadsamoney' and 'in yer Valencia slums' that would have been at least topical

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Lots of moaning in the East about the long string of Spanish students few rows back. Muttered death threats etc. Very helpful IF I'd taken a kid to the East, then on last night's experience (probably unfair and not usual East Stand people who were culprets BUT) I'd be taking those kids to the North every match!

Was very odd atmosphere

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
It's a reflection of how far down the scale British society has sunk. Yob culture I think it's called.

Ah yes. About 20 or so muppets giving it large amongst a crowd of 12odd thousand clearly demonstrates this.

I was sat near them though and they were laughable really. Couldn't have looked more un-cultured if they tried and just embarrassing themselves more than anything. Especially when they started imitating their cheering. Idiots.
Can't imagine the students really gave a shit at all though

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
I didn't go to the game but if I did I would almost always give the away support (or home support at away games) some stick, but not in a friendly against a Spanish side. Especially after being taught a lesson by all accounts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here