Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Treatment of Villareal Last Night?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Idiotic.

The large bulk of the language school kids were Italian, not even Spanish. And earlier in the game had been chanting "Seagulls, Seagulls" along with everyone else.

They were there, spending their money on tickets, food, merchandise etc.

Certainly not necessary for them to be targets of wanker signs, swearing chants etc just 'cos the football was boring in the second half.

But still, you stay classy North Stand.

I was in the NS, most did stay "classy". The one minutes silence was totally respected, most clapped when Villareal scored good goals, and most were just there to enjoy a friendly game.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I wonder how many people dishing out wanker signs to 14-year-old Italian students who, lets not forget, were giving our club money by coming along, buying food and merchandise etc, would be happy admitting it on here or to work colleagues etc.

"What did I do last night? Well, I went to watch the Albion but because the second half was a bit boring and I noticed some foreigners sat to my left I decided to start chanting at them and giving them wanker signs because it made me feel big and clever."

Jesus Christ, why don't you write a letter to your local MP or something? Yeah, it's cringeworthy, but there really are more pressing matters to get riled about.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
They weren't even Villarreal fans, as has been said they were mostly italian kids from the language schools. But I would imagine that the north stand 'ultras' :lolol:are pretty much the same age. I was in the East and when El abd came to the front, it was the spanish kids who wanted their photos taken with him. A lot of fuss over nothing.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Idiotic.
But still, you stay classy North Stand.

About 50 idiots who probably don't even regularly go in the north, please don't tarnish the whole stand.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Interesting to see two points of view going here, it's getting to be a very polarised club. Its splitting towards the "Lets respect the opposition and show some class" ( except Palace and Leeds, of course ) or " Lets hurl dog's abuse at anyone who has made the mistake of supporting a club other than the Albion".( besides it's football and I've paid good money to abuse people )

This!!

The palace hatred is doing my nut in too, they are our rival club.. I get it...but why some much hatred dating back to the 70's?
:facepalm:

When the impressive contingent of Spanish fans – most of whom were kids – left the North Stand early, at least the Cheerio chant morphed into Adios. And no doubt both sets of fans enjoyed post-matchpints of Harveys and sangria in the North Stand concourse afterwards.
A lot of the foreign language students in the North Stand were Italian. I was rather amused to hear chants of "Italia! Italia!" coming from them. I guess they are perfectly capable of "getting" banter.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The 'banter' aimed at those foreign kids reminded me of years ago in the Goldstone when a group of kids aged about 10 years old were supporting Bristol City. One very large man was giving it all to them, obscene gestures, 'you're not singing anymore' 'who the f@ckng etc etc'.

Unbelievable and petty, particularly last night at a friendly. Typified by the young moron in front of me screaming 'Spanish c@nts, f@ck off to your own country' at the Villarreal players at every opportunity. Doesn't he realise the number of Spaniards/Spanish cultured players and backroom staff we've got? Idiots like that know nothing about football anyway, at one point he stated that Villarreal were useless and compared them to Eastbourne Borough. :eek:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Unbelievable and petty, particularly last night at a friendly. Typified by the young moron in front of me screaming 'Spanish c@nts, f@ck off to your own country' at the Villarreal players at every opportunity. Doesn't he realise the number of Spaniards/Spanish cultured players and backroom staff we've got? Idiots like that know nothing about football anyway, at one point he stated that Villarreal were useless and compared them to Eastbourne Borough. :eek:

No doubt the same bores who sing "[every town we ever play in away from home] is a shithole, I wanna go home" at every single away game.

I remember being in the home end at an AC Siena v AC Milan game, surrounded by a group of young American students who were all there to support Milan - some of them wearing replica shirts. There was no trouble from the home fans, until ... Milan scored an 85th-minute equaliser, and the Americans were stupid enough to celebrate with excessive enthusiasm.

But, even then, no-one saw the point of allowing things to kick-off big time. As someone who might have been mistaken for a foreigner, I had the good sense to be disappointed at the goal (which was easy) and keep out of it - apart from trying to calm the Americans down.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was it really necessary for the North Stand to treat last night's opponents as if they were just another mob from Barnsley or Burnley? The tedious chants of "f***ing useless" for every miss; the jeering and gesticulating at the Villareal fans in the north-east corner..." "Shall we sing a song for you", etc... It must have made Oscar wonder quite what kind of a place he'd come to.

When the impressive contingent of Spanish fans – most of whom were kids – left the North Stand early, at least the Cheerio chant morphed into Adios. And no doubt both sets of fans enjoyed post-matchpints of Harveys and sangria in the North Stand concourse afterwards.

But overall, it was embarrassing, and totally lacking in class. And it's hard to imagine our own fans got that kind of treatment on Albion's own Spanish tour. Anyone see it differently?

Didn't hear any of that from central west lower, but you are right, pretty embarrassing, and needless.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Was it really necessary for the North Stand to treat last night's opponents as if they were just another mob from Barnsley or Burnley? The tedious chants of "f***ing useless" for every miss; the jeering and gesticulating at the Villareal fans in the north-east corner..." "Shall we sing a song for you", etc... It must have made Oscar wonder quite what kind of a place he'd come to.

But overall, it was embarrassing, and totally lacking in class. And it's hard to imagine our own fans got that kind of treatment on Albion's own Spanish tour. Anyone see it differently?

Agree mate - complete knobheads and embarrassing

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not been an easy week for the Spanish with the tragic train crash that claimed so many lives and three days of mourning in their country.

Can only presume that Vilarreal didn't want a minute's silence yesterday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here