Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Standing - message from removed fan

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Knowing him as I do he did what he did because he believed that the OP was being unfairly treated and was working on the principle that the whole North Stand couldn't be ejected. Taking the "stand up if you hate Palace" chant to the next level..

And more power to his elbow for doing so. The way some people are talking you'd think he was some sort of master criminal.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I don't know why people are being so protective of the OP. He done something wrong right? Sure, other people may have been doing it, but that is no excuse. He broke the regulations and thus deservedly got his ban, like he agreed to at the start of the season when he paid for his season ticket.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't know why people are being so protective of the OP. He done something wrong right? Sure, other people may have been doing it, but that is no excuse. He broke the regulations and thus deservedly got his ban, like he agreed to at the start of the season when he paid for his season ticket.

If you still don't know after reading all of this thread then can I suggest you bow out of the thread now as you'll probably never understand it and frankly, you just keep repeating yourself. You disagree. You think he's been done bang to rights. We get it. No need to keep saying it.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Only in the back rows, which is why I don't get why people complain. If they wanted to stand, they should have bought tickets in the back row. Makes sense right?

When I went to buy my season ticket it was stated by the person selling the Stadium to us that it looks like the North stand will be standing. We were told that of you want to sit it would be best to avoid the North.
I actually prefer to sit but realise that having chose the North there will be times when that isn't possible and doesn't bother me in the slightest. What does bother me though is the manner in which the stewards go about it. They definitely seem to single out people,usually, in my opinion the ones who are causing the least problems. They talk to people in a way to provoke a reaction and people in the North no this only too well. People who watch this from other areas can forge their own opinions but it's only the fans in the North that really know the truth.
For me this is a shabby way to treat your own fans especially as a lot of them have marched and fought to get this stadium,it leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Can I make a suggestion that any planned actions and/or discussions with the FSF are done elsewhere? I have no doubt the club are monitoring this thread.

Mouse28

Nov 15, 2009
I sit in the East Stand, however spent much of my youth standing in all parts of the Goldstone however now I have no desire to stand for the whole of a match at the Amex. If you wish to stand in the North Stand then that's up to you. I have seen safe standing at Kaiserslauten and I believe that before too long it will be introduced here. Until then.....

The man who was ejected on Sat was probably was not singled out or subject to a steward vendetta as many are suggesting but merely the first person that refused to sit down when asked. All those previously asked just sat down (if only momentarily).

The question is .... if you are the first person asked to sit down at the Palace game, will you sit or will you refuse and risk being ejected and subsequently banned?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Can I make a suggestion that any planned actions and/or discussions with the FSF are done elsewhere? I have no doubt the club are monitoring this thread.

and the club lost that high profile case too,so beware

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Me and a mate were discussing the police presence and what seemed like a greater number of stewards in the North, as we left on Saturday
We came to the conclusion that because it was the last home game before the Palace match, they were treating Saturday as a dress rehersal
and reading this thread, and what we saw on the video, this may have been the case.
Were the stewards acting under orders to be overly officious as they probably will be next Sunday.
There did seem to be more police on view after the game on Saturday than usual.
On the other hand, it might be a load of old bollocks.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
If the person in front stands then you have no choice, if the club want to deal with this then they need to go after the people in row A, these guys have noi excuse, revoke tickets after a written warning, then after this go after row B, but leave random individual alone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here