Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

North Stand Standing - message from removed fan

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As much as I see you point, I'm missing the relevance.

At this precise moment in Albion time, the club are holding all the aces (kings, queens, and jacks).
If you won't sit in their seat how they want, someone else gladly will, simple market forces.

People can fight it all they want, and some might even 'win' but it's not going to change the current situation.

But we are generaly areound 2500k off the capacity now per home game with empty seats in all stands, I think the club are being rather anal in the standing argument ... would like to see them use these practises at m.utd, liverpool and the rest

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But we are generaly areound 2500k off the capacity now per home game with empty seats in all stands, I think the club are being rather anal in the standing argument ... would like to see them use these practises at m.utd, liverpool and the rest
But we are not Man Utd, that's a moronic argument, (being used by a few on here).

This club have made a decision about standing in an all seater stadium, the stewards are seeing that through.

All the time we have 22k season ticket holders plus a waiting listing, why should the club panda to those stupid enough to think the no standing rule doesn't apply to them.

Should the club become more relaxed over the issue, or in the case of the Palace game, show restraint, then fine act accordingly, but until then, comply or risk getting booted and loose your S/T.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Oh NO, people are standing up!! :cry: kill the scum

For what it's worth, beige coat is a great guy (Anyone remember him doing the "give us a B" chant, forgetting the O and N and "Bright!!" chants for the rest of the game?) Hope he's allowed back.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
theyellowdinosaur said:
My seat is right behind the guy who was kicked out and he done nothing wrong, he told the steward that if someone behind him wanted him to sit down then he would

So here's the rub...

This guy didn't get randomly thrown out, as some have suggested.

He got randomly asked to sit down - and got thrown out because he didn't do what a steward personally asked him to.

My sympathy is waning, tbh.

brightonbaz

Feb 22, 2009
The problem is, most of the people here find they are above everybody else, or perhaps don't get on too well in the 'real world' and want to make themselves seem tough on an internet forum. Hence why you find a lot of complaints here. People are also well known for twisting a story to suit their agenda. You may sometimes notice that it appears key details are missed out of stories which beg for sympathy and which invariably make the stewards seem bad.

Commander was right....you are a knob

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
So here's the rub...

This guy didn't get randomly thrown out, as some have suggested.

He got randomly asked to sit down - and got thrown out because he didn't do what a steward personally asked him to.

My sympathy is waning, tbh.

Mine as well, and if you look at the video he is clearly waving his arms about trying to get other people to stand

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Dear Auntie Sue,

What annoys and confuses me is that the North Stand 'Customers' and that is what supporters have been described as, seem to be treated differently to other 'customers'. Week after week we are told to sit down whilst looking directly at the away supporters all or partly standing.

Am i to understand there are different rules for away supporters, because recently at both Cardiff and Bristol the majority of our away support stood all the way through both games and not once did a steward try to get us to sit. So the rules must state home supporters are enforced to sit, but away fans can stand, stands to reason pardon the pun.

Recently i think against Arsenal when the stewards were telling us to sit, i asked one why we had to sit but the away fans can stand, and the response i had was 'They run that stand differently' so is it down to the stand manager to make up their own rules?, i was under the impression it was a FA or League or license condition rule. Could you please clarify this for me as i 'Really don't know'

Confused of Brynna

So if the South Stand is "run differently", ie they can stand. Can the North Stand ST holders who like to stand, not be relocated to the South Stand....... i'm all for that.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Mine as well, and if you look at the video he is clearly waving his arms about trying to get other people to stand

That guy is not the one that was kicked out, the guy in the middle of the stewards in the video was the one removed, there was also a guy behind them videoing the whole conversation with the steward at half time, dunno if he posts on here.

The whole point is the fact the stewards haven't told anyone to sit for months, then suddenly they act like this. over half the stand stood for at least the last 30 minutes on Saturday yet not once did a steward tell anyone to sit down

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I'm am posting this on behalf of my friend who was removed from the north stand section F (new, old C) on Saturday:

I received a letter from the club today advising that I was ejected
against Huddersfield on Saturday for inciting the crowd and refusing
to comply with Stewards instructions.

Surely the crux of this matter is that apart from 'standing'...(as were many, many others in the North Stand) you appear to have been accused....and found guilty of inciting the crowd. I find this most odd that the club seem to have held their internal enquiry (presumably from stewards reports) and yet, at no time have allowed your side of events....and possibly witnesses ...to be heard. This seems inherently wrong to me and seriously lacking in proper justice.

Should the FSF get involved, this will mean a lengthy enquiry, a lot of valuable lost time re work for the defendant etc.....and expense to the club.

Should the club not already have in place a procedure to hear both sides of the story in the cold light of day, before making their judgement....?

I well remember reading in detail the last FSF enquiry at the club and it was very, very clear that the clubs internal inquiry was severely lacking in detail....and indeed honesty from certain individuals.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
For crying out loud, he has not been found guilty of inciting the crowd, all he said was "does anyone mind if I stand" how is that inciting the crowd?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
For crying out loud, he has not been found guilty of inciting the crowd, all he said was "does anyone mind if I stand" how is that inciting the crowd?

This is actually my point......his letter DID say he was ejected for inciting the crowd. Yet, according to many witnesses....he wasn't. He doesn't seem to have been given the opportunity to defend this accusation.....(or judging by the video, a possible mis-identification). This is surely wrong to issue a 'ban' without proper consultation or evidence from both sides.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know Hebberrd is liked by a lot of NSCers who have met him, but this obsession of his (enforced relentlessly and scientfically by his Police riot methods .... identify ringleaders) will eventually turn our main noisy home fans stand, into a sterile place.

Whilst Leeds, ManU, Spurs, West Ham, Palace and many others take a more pragmatic view .... giving them a competitive advantage in home games, the proverbial 12th man.

Why does the Amex have to be so different?

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
But we are not Man Utd, that's a moronic argument, (being used by a few on here).

This club have made a decision about standing in an all seater stadium, the stewards are seeing that through.

All the time we have 22k season ticket holders plus a waiting listing, why should the club panda to those stupid enough to think the no standing rule doesn't apply to them.

Should the club become more relaxed over the issue, or in the case of the Palace game, show restraint, then fine act accordingly, but until then, comply or risk getting booted and loose your S/T.

And we should do all of this because you say so,your head is so far up your own arse you can lick your own tonsills,live and let live pal and get a life

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And we should do all of this because you say so,your head is so far up your own arse you can lick your own tonsills,live and let live pal and get a life
Hey I'm not saying I agree, I'm just stating the facts as they currently stand.

I just don't get all this hand wringing about the club doing what they said they would, to fans who won't be told.

'I could have stood at Old Trafford'...There's only one answer to that!

If you don't like it fook off.

Or better still put together a proper and considered argument for Bloom, Barber, and Hebwotsit, have the discussion, and act accordingly.

Just don't come crying on here, because when told to sit down by a steward you didn't, and they acted as they saw fit.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The guy in the biege coat did not get thrown out you cock,the stewards did not have the bollox to talk to him

I understand your anger, matey and I fully support what you're trying to achieve but I think what most people are saying is the North Standers need to be a bit cuter when dealing with the stewards, need to act in unison and above all need to keep their cool if possible.

The club are making a right pig's ear of this situation and by doing so will probably end up having to rescind the ban because it is not applying the rule evenly either by discriminating against particular fans, by not being consistent from game to game and they are not giving sufficient warning to the fans of the consequences.

Something's clearly wrong and you can win here and good luck with it.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Surely the crux of this matter is that apart from 'standing'...(as were many, many others in the North Stand) you appear to have been accused....and found guilty of inciting the crowd. I find this most odd that the club seem to have held their internal enquiry (presumably from stewards reports) and yet, at no time have allowed your side of events....and possibly witnesses ...to be heard. This seems inherently wrong to me and seriously lacking in proper justice.

Should the FSF get involved, this will mean a lengthy enquiry, a lot of valuable lost time re work for the defendant etc.....and expense to the club.

Should the club not already have in place a procedure to hear both sides of the story in the cold light of day, before making their judgement....?

I well remember reading in detail the last FSF enquiry at the club and it was very, very clear that the clubs internal inquiry was severely lacking in detail....and indeed honesty from certain individuals.

I think people forget that all clubs have control rooms where the crowd is monitored, I know they do not have sound, however I expect they have it all on CCTV. As for justice, the club can remove the right of anyone entry to the ground. Like every story there are 2 sides, and all we get on here is one side. I would like to see the club make statements as to why they remove people from the ground giving clear reasons.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
For what it's worth, beige coat is a great guy (Anyone remember him doing the "give us a B" chant, forgetting the O and N and "Bright!!" chants for the rest of the game?) Hope he's allowed back.

The guy in the beige coat is actually my brother :facepalm:...... he is who I thought the main thread was about on Saturday, it appears not and looking at the video I can see why he was asked to leave.....

This is what he said: "Evicted for inciting the crowd,banned for the rest of the season,required to sign a Behavioural Agreement under facilitation and upon my return unable to return to the North stand.Can appeal within 7 days"

The stewards collared him on the concourse at half time and asked him to leave.

Knowing him as I do he did what he did because he believed that the OP was being unfairly treated and was working on the principle that the whole North Stand couldn't be ejected. Taking the "stand up if you hate Palace" chant to the next level.

As I said on Saturday he has been in the same seat in the North Stand for 2 seasons, he and others have stood for the whole game every game, and has not been spoken to by the stewards before Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here