North Stand STALK

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Nor did I and there is no need to really apologise.

The bigger issue is if people use words like this then there are plenty of organisations that will pick this up straight away and complain through the media etc.

Never mind the fact that it IS illegal and the government are having a crackdown on forums like this one.

Public Order Act 1986 (c. 64) - Statute Law Database

Basically the government will close boards down if anyone complains and take the poster causing offence to court possibly the board owner as well!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

No I don't but I do a bit of voluntary work with kids that do. What's that got to do with it anyway?

If I told you to 'f*** off you stupid prick' would I get hunted down by stupid people with pricks because they had been insulted?

Anyway I'm off to bed - no doubt you've got a bit more self-righteous hand-wringing to do on here

:wave:

How simplistic! The use of the word "spastic" as an insult degenerates that particular group of sufferers to the lower echelons of society, in much the same way the word "Juden" was used by Germans and Austrians as an insult in the thirties. And what is the point of moderators like you if you are going to condone posts like that ?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
How simplistic! The use of the word "spastic" as an insult degenerates that particular group of sufferers to the lower echelons of society, in much the same way the word "Juden" was used by Germans and Austrians as an insult in the thirties. And what is the point of moderators like you if you are going to condone posts like that ?

If you found the original post by WW as offensive then use the report to moderator function.

Given that it was aimed at my dad and myself, we didn't find any offense in it at all.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Never mind the fact that it IS illegal and the government are having a crackdown on forums like this one.

Public Order Act 1986 (c. 64) - Statute Law Database

Basically the government will close boards down if anyone complains and take the poster causing offence to court possibly the board owner as well!

steward 433

I feel very strongly about issues about the "disabled".

However, I would never complain. For the reason that most if not all posts referring to being a "spastic" on this board have been meant as a "joke" and without malice. Even if misguidely.

Fazz62

AKA Spazz 62 ???

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
steward 433

I feel very strongly about issues about the "disabled".

However, I would never complain. For the reason that most if not all posts referring to being a "spastic" on this board have been meant as a "joke" and without malice.

Fazz62

AKA Spazz 62 ???

The point i am making is it will only take 1 poster to go too far and for someone to complain and then the board could get closed.

That is the last thing any of us wants isn't it??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If you found the original post by WW as offensive then use the report to moderator function.

Given that it was aimed at my dad and myself, we didn't find any offense in it at all.

That's the point, you and your Dad might not find it offensive but plenty of others will.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
That's the point, you and your Dad might not find it offensive but plenty of others will.

True, if other people found it offensive then they should use the function available to them.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
True, if other people do then they should do so if they wish to.

Sorry but it is not a wish though as others will use this as an excuse to make a complaint.

Look what happened when another "term" was used recently on a BBC regional radio station (that the majority of us never even knew what it meant).

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Sorry but it is not a wish though as others will use this as an excuse to make a complaint.

Look what happened when another "term" was used recently on a BBC regional radio station (that the majority of us never even knew what it meant).

Yes true, and I don't want that to happen at all, and I wouldn't expect anything to happen anyway. Wish wasn't the correct word to use, should have read 'if they found it offensive then use the function'

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
The point i am making is it will only take 1 poster to go too far and for someone to complain and then the board could get closed.

That is the last thing any of us wants isn't it??

steward 433

What a lot of posters seem to be forgetting. Is that many of the most "loyal" Albion fans are "disabled".

As has been proved in recent matches. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports