Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] North - South Divide

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
When there’s an option for chips with gravy, that’s North.
You can get gravy at the chippy in Ashington, so maybe @Bozza is on to something?

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
I'm putting my mum's house (just south of Sunderland) on the market. One estate agent suggested £40k for it. I'm not sure where the divide is but I know that nowhere in the south is a 3-bed house going for £40k
We have a second property near your mums .Bought for 90K 15 years ago, now worth 90k !

We just rent it out never gonna make any money on it

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm putting my mum's house (just south of Sunderland) on the market. One estate agent suggested £40k for it. I'm not sure where the divide is but I know that nowhere in the south is a 3-bed house going for £40k
Christ thats cheap . . . Lock up money round here. Or most of a beach hut, if you're completely mad.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
People seem to be less woke and anxious up North.
While young people down south are eschewing pubs in favour of study and putting sex aside to spend time with family, up north lads and lasses are still hitting the bars, slamming back beers and shagging each other. Like normal people.

I might move up north.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"Now, scientists have entered the fray..."

Are these the same buffoons that tried to tell me how I should like my tea? And the same ones that said the 'Millennium bug' would wipe out everyone's computers, just to name two?

As soon as 'scientists' get mentioned, I always take their findings with a large pinch of salt.
Scientists say large amounts of salt isn’t good for you.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
People seem to be less woke and anxious up North.
While young people down south are eschewing pubs in favour of study and putting sex aside to spend time with family, up north lads and lasses are still hitting the bars, slamming back beers and shagging each other. Like normal people.

I might move up north.
I always found working round the country the further North i went the friendlier the people were. Always said Newcastle office was the most friendliest.

Ended up meeting my now wife in that office and your right the rest you describe is Newcastle in a nutshell !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here