Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***North Korea vs USA*** Offical Match Thread

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Obviously you missed out on the Vietnam debacle... or perhaps neglecting to consider how the Iraq war spanned over a decade with no real conclusion.

Well... North Korea's army pisses on both of these, it's not even comparable. In fact it pisses on practically every army in the world in number.

Remember, this is the most prepared country in the world for war, without exception. Even every single civilian is prepared and willing to fight - American control of any region would be impossible. I would even say that even if they had a fraction of the military tech, they would still win just as Vietnam did - such is the mentality of its army and peoples. The fact that they can bring down jets, destroy tanks and even bomb overseas territory is just a bonus for them.

You suggest that the high tech stealth bombers & jet fighters would be the difference, but they wouldn't - These things have NEVER won a war, ever. What wins wars is gaining territory on the land - and there is absolutely no way the US or anyone else in the world could possibly do that against this in this particular country. Strategic bombings of key buildings would be nothing more than a hindrance to them, and to be fair - they're even prepared for that.

The reason North Korea gives it the biggun is because they know that nobody will want to war with them, no other nation is so obsessively dedicated to warfare like they are - and probably no nation would be able to defeat them, without the use of a nuclear bomb.
You're a ****ing loon, will they really fight and die? Their rallies are forced upon them.

They know of no other political, social or economic system. All they know us of Juche, and their state propaganda. It's hilarious you talk of all the western propaganda whilst turning a complete blind eye to that of the DPRK.

You're a ****ing idiot, there is no two ways about it. Do you honestly think you're on a high intellectual level than other people? Because your own bullshit stinks of snobbery as if you understand North Korea like you're one of them.

I bet you, if the US invades, the army will be crushed because its not well trained, experienced or equipped. And there'll be no resistance. I would imagine anyone not to resist invasion would be executed.

Ill finish this off later. Oh, and MK, you really need to start referencing your arguments, because otherwise; it's just bullshit.

Typical "the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Sent from my iPhone jumping on Kim Jong-il'd grave smoking a cigar of £50.

Capitalism, **** yeah.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If the US could win this war so easy I think they would have dealt with the problem long ago.

The fact is that the US has a proven track record for not closing out these wars. Toppled Sadam within weeks and then spent 10 years trying to sort out an exit strategy

Success in this situation really depends on the goals of the US IMHO.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Difficult to gauge what point you're trying to make other than you don't like left wing politics?

I do not support North Korea in any way - politicly, philosophically, economically, whatever - I am just pointing out the facts that this is a nation dedicated to warfare. The facts that militarily it is absolutely prepared and it is strong.

I have made a point of researching these facts myself because it is a subject that interests me, but it's difficult to understand why some people such as yourself take it so personally (if you tell me which points I've made that you want referencing, I will try to do so for you) - but calling me a ****ing idiot for no other reason other than me discussing this makes you a bit of a hypocrite in my opinion [for calling me a ****ing idiot]

I never said I dislike left wing politics, unless you're inferring "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" as left wing politics, which in any case. I dread to think what other insane arguments you boil up.

You support them, you point this out in almost every thread about North Korea. You argue that they were culturally and technologically advanced for a developing nation (without reference to source of information, might I add.)

Military power and show of force is an obsession not to scare off foreign powers, or to its people will die for their ideology like you claim. Realistically, it's more of a show of internal strength for the regime, to reiterate its power and thir authority to their own people, this is commonly used in dictatorships to preserve the status quo. The truth is, the North Koreans know they will not be able to defend itself from an NATO attack, they're not technologically advanced enough, their rations won't last long; and inevitably morale would be low once NATO conducts shock and awe to destabilise the infrastructure and military power.

You don't need to control every square mile of land to control a country, just their economic resources. They don't have much we would use against them. But we could offer food, water and liberties they weren't entitled too under the Kim dynasty. There are many more ways to win a war other than controlling the land.

I call you an idiot because you preach all this stuff without providing sources. The last time we clashed over North Korea, you never replied to my articles regarding the state of their agricultural sector and poverty. And what point do you need to reference? Virtually every point you make.
EDIT: so you know my previous voting behaviour and what parties I have been a member of.

2010 general election: Labour
2011 local elections: TUSC
Have been a member of: SPEW((CWI)2010-2012) labour 2012-2012

I was a member of the organising committee that organised the 2010 student anti-fees protest in nov '10 which attracted the largest ever student protest in Brighton. I was also chair of the varndean college anti cuts group. So I have a fairly extensive history of left wing and radical left wing activism.

Last edited:

Adders1

Jan 14, 2013
the pre-match mindgames are pointing to a no score draw, can't see Jong-Un getting his lot motivated, they'd be too fixated on the bangingest high fade haircut since the Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Obviously you missed out on the Vietnam debacle... or perhaps neglecting to consider how the Iraq war spanned over a decade with no real conclusion.

Well... North Korea's army pisses on both of these, it's not even comparable. In fact it pisses on practically every army in the world in number.

Remember, this is the most prepared country in the world for war, without exception. Even every single civilian is prepared and willing to fight - American control of any region would be impossible. I would even say that even if they had a fraction of the military tech, they would still win just as Vietnam did - such is the mentality of its army and peoples. The fact that they can bring down jets, destroy tanks and even bomb overseas territory is just a bonus for them.

You suggest that the high tech stealth bombers & jet fighters would be the difference, but they wouldn't - These things have NEVER won a war, ever. What wins wars is gaining territory on the land - and there is absolutely no way the US or anyone else in the world could possibly do that against this in this particular country. Strategic bombings of key buildings would be nothing more than a hindrance to them, and to be fair - they're even prepared for that.

The reason North Korea gives it the biggun is because they know that nobody will want to war with them, no other nation is so obsessively dedicated to warfare like they are - and probably no nation would be able to defeat them, without the use of a nuclear bomb.
You marching with them or just flag waving.....you talk about the past Korean war...learn your history please when NK attacked the South...America came in with theUN and pushed the NKs back to almost the Chinese border...had not the Chinese come in on the NK side the NKs would have been defeated.
Second point...do you not think that NK leader is already in the sights of a missile....cut off the head of the snake and it's danger over.
The Japanese were fanatical and would have fought for every inch of homesoil.
The tunnels under the 38th parallel are known about and probably mined or been prepared for flooding.
In this match the US have the big guns...what is of more concern is who the referee might be...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Using footballing metaphors we (the Brits) are showing useful recent form, especially away from home, in Iraq (twice), Libya and the Balkans. However Afghanistan looks like being a score draw, despite a valiant effort by our team. A strong showing in Korea would leave us in good form going into any play-offs with Argentina.

Unfortunately the squad is looking a bit thin as Cameron has cut back on the defence budget and we sold off our best strikers (the Harriers) leaving us with a weakened attack but if the Argies want to get a bit dirty we still have a mix of experience and talent to prevail, even if it goes to a penalty shoot-out.
Don't see how you can say we 'won' in Iraq the second time. The crowd let off some flares and firecrackers, the players were spooked and wouldn't go down that end of the ground, the manager pulled the team off (saying the job was done even though we weren't winning) and the Americans had to come out and play the second half for us. Not sure what FIFA are going to make of that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The fact is that the US has a proven track record for not closing out these wars. Toppled Sadam within weeks and then spent 10 years trying to sort out an exit strategy

big difference here is you have the South Koreans there to take over administration and running of the North after they lose/fall/capitulate. also different from the '50's conflict is the Chinese aren't supporting the North. you have to wonder how things are in NK after this last week, because its a bit ott. they could happily carry on as they are for decades if they just shut up and get on with their thing, but new chap seems angling for a fight, either to prove himself or hide weaknesses.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Difficult to gauge what point you're trying to make other than you don't like left wing politics?

I do not support North Korea in any way - politicly, philosophically, economically, whatever - I am just pointing out the facts that this is a nation dedicated to warfare. The facts that militarily it is absolutely prepared and it is strong.

I have made a point of researching these facts myself because it is a subject that interests me, but it's difficult to understand why some people such as yourself take it so personally (if you tell me which points I've made that you want referencing, I will try to do so for you) - but calling me a ****ing idiot for no other reason other than me discussing this makes you a bit of a hypocrite in my opinion [for calling me a ****ing idiot]

You really think yourself very, very clever don't you. This update just shows this, you might as well say I am more cleverer than all of you and only I can see the truth, well let me tell you, you are wrong.

Do you not think that we read information eminating from and on behalf of the North Korean regime, but we, the more enlightened ones, also READ information from other sources that contradicts what comes out of Pyongyang and then come to a more balanced judgement about what the situation is like inside and in respect of NK in general.

And as for the following......

"I do not support North Korea in any way - politicly, philosophically, economically, whatever - I am just pointing out the facts that this is a nation dedicated to warfare. The facts that militarily it is absolutely prepared and it is strong."

Do me a favour, there have been so many threads about NK recently and with all of your comments, you are like a brainwashed propoganda puppet of Pyongyang (I actually think you must be very naive and stupid, by the way to be taken in by all of this, I bet that is a shock to your ego) with all the utter drivel you come out with.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
big difference here is you have the South Koreans there to take over administration and running of the North after they lose/fall/capitulate. also different from the '50's conflict is the Chinese aren't supporting the North. you have to wonder how things are in NK after this last week, because its a bit ott. they could happily carry on as they are for decades if they just shut up and get on with their thing, but new chap seems angling for a fight, either to prove himself or hide weaknesses.

Don't be so sure about the Chinese not protecting the North Koreans. They already have begun building up troops and tanks on their border and what hasn't been reported is that they are also secretly running their own military drills.

They have a military protection pact with the North Koreans and do not want to see an American backed country on its doorstep which is what they would have if Korea was unified with the south running a united Korea.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Don't be so sure about the Chinese not protecting the North Koreans. They already have begun building up troops and tanks on their border and what hasn't been reported is that they are also secretly running their own military drills.

They have a military protection pact with the North Koreans and do not want to see an American backed country on its doorstep which is what they would have if Korea was unified with the south running a united Korea.

The Chinese have indeed been building troops up on the border. I suspect this may be for 2 reasons; 1) to look strong - nothing wrong with a reminder they are there; and 2) to ensure there is no refugee crisis - the last thing China needs is millions of refugees heading in their direction.

I agree that the status quo does somewhat benefit China, but I don't think they will take arms directly to protect it. They may be willing to help a proxy war, but I don't think it will come to that. A negotiated solution will come about before the US or China get involved - both countries want to assist their allies, but neither will want to be seen to be directly involved.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

This is pretty much true however, the Chinese really want the status quo to continue and as such,may well be toughing up their border with NK in order to prevent a mass stampede in to China if Kick Off time is ever confirmed.

Last edited:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I am selling on Ebay three rare DVDs of the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust. All in excellent condition. All VERY grim watching:
Threads (A British made movie by Barry Hines set in Sheffield following the lead up to nuclear war and 14 years aftermath)
Threads (DVD) 5014138302177 | eBay
The Day After (An American made equivalent movie starring Jason Robards among many US stars)
On the Beach (the recent remak of the Neville Shute classic set in Australia)
The latter two can be found following other items on Ebay from Threads!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I am selling on Ebay three rare DVDs of the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust. All in excellent condition. All VERY grim watching:
Threads (A British made movie by Barry Hines set in Sheffield following the lead up to nuclear war and 14 years aftermath)
Threads (DVD) 5014138302177 | eBay

I can recommend 'threads', it was compulsory watching midway through the first year of my degree. It was shown at an evening lecture, and I didn't sleep that night (despite the alcohol consumed afterwards).

My favourite bit was right at the start when they are in the car and the football scores are being read out - Brighton won that day!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
It speaks volumes that you think I'm using North Korean's propaganda is my source of information!

I really can't be bothered to state all my sources, you should do your own bloody research - but as a matter of replying to this quite insulting post, here is a link and quote from the US Department of Defense regarding NK's military capabilities that backs up much of what I've been saying:

Defense.gov News Article: North Korean Military 'Very Credible Conventional Force'

""They have the largest submarine force, the largest special operating force and the largest artillery in the world," Army Gen. Leon LaPorte, commander of U.S. forces in South Korea said. He noted that North Korea has 120,000 special operations forces."

"The sheer size of their military makes them a threat, even if their equipment isn't as up to date as it could be. "Much of their equipment is aged, but they have a lot of it," LaPorte said.
Perhaps more importantly, North Korea poses a significant asymmetric threat. The country possesses chemical weapons, and "their doctrine is to use chemical weapons as a standard munition," LaPorte said.
American officials are also concerned about North Korea's weapons of mass destruction, including potential use of its 800 missiles of various ranges. "The missiles themselves are a significant asymmetrical threat," LaPorte said. "But if that was combined with a nuclear capability, now you have a capability that not only threatens the peninsula but threatens the entire region."

I find it quite insulting the way you continously back up and act as a lickspittle for the utterly odious NK regime. Whose people starve to death for lack of food while their leaders spend billions on nuclear weapons. See again in your post just look at what you have written....

"you should do your own bloody research"

Your own arrogance and your belief in your superior intelligence just shines through all your replies. You just think you are so much cleverer than the rest of us, don't you (go an admit it).

Don't worry I have read about North Korea good and bad for probably as long as you have been alive and just to let you know there will be a programme on the BBC about NK in a few weeks, which you should catch to get a differing view from your own. I know this because the undercover BBC journalist who has been filming in NK told Eddie Mair on PM on Tuesday that it will be on soon and when Eddie asked him what it was like he replied with words to the effect that it was the worst run country in the world and that he has never been so glad as when he landed back at Heathrow.

I can assure you, everything you write about NK is utterly fanciful, incredibly naive and totally swallowed propoganda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here