Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***North Korea vs USA*** Offical Match Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not as simple as that, most aircraft will be destroyed from land - The US won't have that advantage,
North Korea just don't have that capacity:-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People's_Army#Capabilities

Although the North Korean military once enjoyed a startling advantage against its counterpart in South Korea, its relative isolation and economic plight starting from the 1980s has now tipped the balance of military power into the hands of the better-equipped South Korean military.[6] In response to this predicament, North Korea relies on asymmetric warfare techniques and unconventional weaponry to achieve parity against high-tech enemy forces.[6] North Korea has developed a wide range of technologies towards this end, such as stealth paint to conceal ground targets,[30] midget submarines and human torpedoes[31] and a vast array of chemical and biological weapons.[32] The Korean People's Army also operates ZM-87 anti-personnel lasers, which are banned under the United Nations Protocol on Blinding Laser Weapons.[33]
Since the 1980s, North Korea has also been actively developing its own cyber warfare capabilities, and as of 2011 has some 1,000 skilled military hackers.[34][6] The Korean People's Army has also made advances in electronic warfare by developing GPS jammers.[35] Current models include vehicle-mounted jammers with a range of 50 kilometres (31 mi)-100 kilometres (62 mi). Jammers with a range of more than 100 km are being developed, along with electromagnetic pulse bombs.[36] The Korean People's Army has also made attempts to jam South Korean military satellites.[37]

A KPAF Ilyushin Il-76MD strategic airlifter in the mid-2000s, in Air Koryo markings.
Despite the general fuel and ammunition shortages for training, it is estimated that the wartime strategic reserves of food for the army are sufficient to feed the regular troops for 500 days, while fuel and ammunition - amounting to 1.5 million and 1.7 million tonnes respectively - are sufficient to wage a full-scale war for 100 days.[38]
The KPA does not operate aircraft carriers, but has other means of power projection. Korean People's Air Force Il-76MD aircraft provide a strategic airlift capacity of 6,000 troops, while the Navy's sea lift capacity amounts to 15,000 troops.[39] The Strategic Rocket Forces operate more than 1,000 ballistic missiles according to South Korean officials.[40] North Korea acquired 12 Foxtrot class and Golf-II class missile submarines as scrap in 1993.[41] Some analysts suggest that these have either been refurbished with the help of Russian experts or their launch tubes have been reverse-engineered and externally fitted to regular submarines or cargo ships.[42] In both cases, the KPA would be within a proposed firing range of islands in the central Pacific Ocean and the Western coast of North America.[41]
A photograph of Kim Jong Un receiving a briefing from his top generals on March 29, 2013 revealed the military had a minimum of 40 submarines, 13 landing ships, 6 minesweepers, 27 support vessels and 1,852 aircraft.[43]

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Good chance that NK will start fast out of the blocks with a thrust to the south. May well find the USA responding with 1000 cruise missiles destroying NKs entire Arsenal.
At that point the ridiculous (attack, attack rhetoric ala Holloway) will be soundly booed by the home support leading to a new manager.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
The most pertinent point I've seen is that they have missiles that might hit California (hitting LA would be carnage) but they don't have any nuclear weapons small enough to actually mount on the missiles. It's like having a 9mm pistol and a bunch of .50 cal rifle bullets, the two just don't go together. The estimates I've seen in the news seem to suggest 5-10 years for that, although their missile projects would probably improve at the same time. Given the progress of that it seems unlikely that they'd get much more range out of it, but they'd probably get something that can hit a target in range nine times out of ten.

The two biggest unknowns though are the dedication of the citizens and the reaction China would have if North Korea looked like they'd started to pose a serious nuclear threat. Given China seems to have switched from military to economic global domination my bet is that they'd probably turn against North Korea; nuclear war with the US probably isn't going to be great for business. As for the dedication of the people? I really don't know, I don't think anyone can really predict that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The most pertinent point I've seen is that they have missiles that might hit California (hitting LA would be carnage) but they don't have any nuclear weapons small enough to actually mount on the missiles. It's like having a 9mm pistol and a bunch of .50 cal rifle bullets, the two just don't go together. The estimates I've seen in the news seem to suggest 5-10 years for that, although their missile projects would probably improve at the same time. Given the progress of that it seems unlikely that they'd get much more range out of it, but they'd probably get something that can hit a target in range nine times out of ten.

The two biggest unknowns though are the dedication of the citizens and the reaction China would have if North Korea looked like they'd started to pose a serious nuclear threat. Given China seems to have switched from military to economic global domination my bet is that they'd probably turn against North Korea; nuclear war with the US probably isn't going to be great for business. As for the dedication of the people? I really don't know, I don't think anyone can really predict that.

No more of these sensible posts, I want more Mustafa Kemal telling me why the Plucky Conference Team will hammer Man Utd.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
The US have probably got North Korea under constant surveillance, any missiles launched would be shot down before they're half way over the Pacific.

NATO have currently got NK & Russia under constant surveillance.
I can tell you right now, before the first button is even pressed, a welcome gift will be well on it's way to NK.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
North Korea talks a good game but would get seriously mashed in a ruck. Hilarious diatribes from that daft woman news reader are their most effective weapon.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
No more of these sensible posts, I want more Mustafa Kemal telling me why the Plucky Conference Team will hammer Man Utd.

In that case:

Well it seems obvious that North Korea will make use of their powerhouse striker to get in an early goal, then sit back and defend heavily for the rest of the game. While most of their team is getting a bit past it, they can probably harass the superstar Americans. I mean the US have certainly got the strike force to really pepper them with shots, but if the North Koreans sit back and defend they'll probably make it hard for them.

While some would expect the North Koreans to pick up some strikers on loan from their Chinese neighbours, probably with China picking up most of the wage bill, it seems the two boards have had a bit of a falling out recently, and with the North Koreans potentially threatening China's successes they may actually send a few of their prospects over to the Americans to try and disrupt the Koreans. If they do then it probably won't matter how much those plucky North Koreans try and defend, those Chinese strikers will probably start banging them in for fun (assuming they can fit in with America's style of play of course).

And don't count out a signing from South Korea for the Americans. The two sides have close links, and the South Koreans have got some young wingers who look a bit tasty, although most of them came up through the American academy system.

If the Americans can get those players in from China and South Korea then things are probably looking good for them, but if the other sides won't let their players go, or if the Chinese and North Korean boards can patch things up, then things will probably be much tougher for the Americans.

Edit: Of course this all supposes that the North Korean striker can actually get his boots on. For some reason they seem to be finding it hard to get a boot that actually fits him. Weird.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
In that case:

Well it seems obvious that North Korea will make use of their powerhouse striker to get in an early goal, then sit back and defend heavily for the rest of the game. While most of their team is getting a bit past it, they can probably harass the superstar Americans. I mean the US have certainly got the strike force to really pepper them with shots, but if the North Koreans sit back and defend they'll probably make it hard for them.

While some would expect the North Koreans to pick up some strikers on loan from their Chinese neighbours, probably with China picking up most of the wage bill, it seems the two boards have had a bit of a falling out recently, and with the North Koreans potentially threatening China's successes they may actually send a few of their prospects over to the Americans to try and disrupt the Koreans. If they do then it probably won't matter how much those plucky North Koreans try and defend, those Chinese strikers will probably start banging them in for fun (assuming they can fit in with America's style of play of course).

And don't count out a signing from South Korea for the Americans. The two sides have close links, and the South Koreans have got some young wingers who look a bit tasty, although most of them came up through the American academy system.

If the Americans can get those players in from China and South Korea then things are probably looking good for them, but if the other sides won't let their players go, or if the Chinese and North Korean boards can patch things up, then things will probably be much tougher for the Americans.

Edit: Of course this all supposes that the North Korean striker can actually get his boots on. For some reason they seem to be finding it hard to get a boot that actually fits him. Weird.

This is the sort of technical critique we want :clap2:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
As China directly or indirectly owns most of UK and USA infrastructure it's hardly likely they would allow NK to level the place. Sabre rattling at it's most comical.
At the beginning of the 60's it felt much more threatening, but then it was the good old US of A doing the Sabre rattling.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The North could turn Seoul into Stalingrad-on-steroids, and that would be a major economic kick in the teeth for the industrialized world, particularly the Pacific Rim, but that's about all they can do.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Incedible isn't it? It's like As you say it's like listening to someone tell you in all sincerity that Kidderminster would beat Man U because Kiddie have three big 6ft 4in strikers and Man U wouldn't be able to deal with that kind of threat. All you can do is agree and back slowly away.

PS - And thanks for starting a match thread with the asterisks in the right place!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
North Korea talks a good game but would get seriously mashed in a ruck. Hilarious diatribes from that daft woman news reader are their most effective weapon.

Very true, and all this massed chanting of death to imperialist America and go home US dogs bullshit........everybody knows (even the Americans) that if the North Koreans were really serious about provoking them into a tactical nuclear strike they would be chanting Build a Bonfire.

Schoolboy error from the Esteemed Lardy Boy.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
US could oblterate NK but it would have to do it very wisely because if the US use nuclear weapons a hell of a lot of radiation will drift to China or SK depending on the wind direction.....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Schoolboy error by the North Koreans too by holding mass rallies of tens of thousands all wearing the same colour military uniform in tight ranks. Are they not aware of US satellites and drones that can pinpoint 2 Arabs loading a Kalashnikov from North Dakota ? Maybe Junk il Kim Jung Hong Kong Phooey wants to get his military wage bill down , which the septics will gladly do with a couple of 1,000lb bombs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here