Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***North Korea vs USA*** Offical Match Thread

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Match in some doubt.

Pools panel says...............away win.

Actually, where's it being played? From what I've been reading North Korea are gearing up to play it in the USA. Is it over two legs, winner goers through to the next round of WW3? (Surprised they made either pre-qualify tbh)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Whatever happens i hope we don't get dragged into it.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Even Syrian civilian rebels have that capacity.

Seeing as you clearly like Wikipedia, here it lists North Korea's air defence systems, as you can see more than capable of bringing down hundreds of modern jets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People's_Air_Force#Air_Defense

"North Korea has deployed a wide range of SAM and AAA systems ranging from the oldest Soviet designs to highly mobile and modern examples. Most SAM systems are of Soviet design lineage with some locally produced designs, while AA artillery is from both Soviet and local suppliers. The DPRK has the densest air defense network in the world, with air defence pads deployed virtually around every town and major city. MANPADS are used extensively, with over 15,000 units fielded according to a 1995 Pentagon report on the country. North Korea has one of the best hardened integrated air defence systems (IADS) in the world, with many of its radars and launchers positioned on fortified elevating platforms and its aircraft positioned in hardened bunkers and even two underground airbases.[21] The addition of the KN-06 SAM, which was flight-tested in the spring of 2011, and a local model of the Pechora 2 (Upgraded SA-3), unveiled at a 2012 military parade have notably expanded the systems capabilities."

Come on, own up, who came up with the abbreviation MANPADS? :blush:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come on, own up, who came up with the abbreviation MANPADS? :blush:

We used that one when I worked at Gatwick. Presumably it's quite commonplace amongst military types too.

Manned Portable Air Defence Systems, for those who can't be arsed to look it up. Essentially, shoulder mounted rocket launchers to take down aircraft.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Are they really going to be stupid to attack the Yanks ? Things look to be hotting up there

It wouldn't surprise me if we get dragged into it as well. The threat of a nuclear war is terrifying. Anyone that's watched The War Game about what would happen and its effects, 50% of the population could die and the other half almost burnt to death with radiation sickness.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
While the threat of Nuclear War maybe terrifying, if I had to go to war with any other Nuclear Power in the world it would be North Korea.

A short, sharp and terminal experience for one side only.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I think I heard a quote from a US military official last week sometime and it went something along the lines of "If we go to war with North Korea it'll be like a two-punch fight - and we'll be throwing the second punch."

I doubt the 'war' would last long enough for us to get dragged into it.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
This is a tricky one to call, the Plucky Underdogs vs the Capitalist Running Dogs.

Our Oriental Chums say their missiles can reach the USA, although their previous says otherwise.

How do NSC see this panning out - do we need to bother about buying that Easter Sunday Joint or will we all be radioactive ash come tomorrow evening? :eek:

Hahahaha!!!

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
Most likely scenario is they will have loaded a couple of their diesel subs with crude nukes and are now sitting quietly off the coast of the US waiting for orders. The missiles they have are just too unreliable.

Would they go ahead and attack the USA? This is North Korea - they really are nuts when it comes to this sort if thing. Sinking South Korean ships, shelling islands, etc just to try and provoke a response. so far the South and US have been restrained thankfully.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I wanna go home, I wanna go home, Pyongyang is a shithole, I wanna go home!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
latest update is that North Korea think they can handle it in the Nuclear Premiership, they are the new Swindon.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
North Korea are a dangerous, unknown quantity; not to be underestimated, and the fact that their most powerful ally is China, make them a match to avoid. A bit like Crawley getting brilliant loan players in from Arsenal.

If the Russians step in as well this could start to get very ugly. :eek:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
North Korea has a fleet of thousands of aircraft, thousands of air defence launchers, submarines, warships and everything that you would expect them to have for a full scale war. Most of the tech is dated, but they have the capacity to bring down hundreds of aircraft, possibly even the B2 stealth bomber. It also has in its possession some aircraft such as the ZM-87 which is banned because of its blinding lasers.

It wouldn't be like going into Iraq, blowing up a few buildings, setting up base and seizing power that way. North Korea could take anything the US throws at them for months, apart from a nuclear bomb - and even then...

This guy is so funny.

Anyway here's my line up for the U.S

U.S.A
4-3-3
Manager: President B.Obama

USMC grunt------- U.S Army grunts-----U.S Navy pacific fleet
U.S Coast Guard-------CIA------------------------OGA
FBI---------Secret Service-------NYPD-------------LAPD
----------------------H.Clinton---------------

Subs:
Joe Biden
Ron Paul
Michigan Militia
Jimmy McVeigh
Westboro church
KKK
The Weather underground

Very attacking, and with a cock blocker like Hilary, I don't think they'll concede many. She's the PIG for the U.S

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Only North Korea could start an argument with the rest of the world and, when the rest of the world shrugs its shoulders,then escalates it even further ! They are pretty soon going to have to start a war that they talked up or else look even more foolish than before.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I give it 8 weeks maximum until the USA has to 'step in'.

Goes without saying that I would not like this eventuality as there are so many factors (Russia/China/Japan)..

My views coming from the reports I see on the news, which are most probably exaggerated.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Only North Korea could start an argument with the rest of the world and, when the rest of the world shrugs its shoulders,then escalates it even further ! They are pretty soon going to have to start a war that they talked up or else look even more foolish than before.

They'll get what they want. They will start a few minor skirmishes, maybe sink a South Korean warship, and then be offered a reduction in the sanctions in order to behave. This seems to be a re-occuring cycle every time South Korea appoints a new leader.

The only unknown is Kim Jong-un, but how much power does he really have? I suspect the country is still run by the same Generals that run North Korea under Kim Jong-il.

Time will tell...

[edit]

Of course, they could accidentally hit a US ship or convoy, and then there really would be trouble!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Even Syrian civilian rebels have that capacity.

Seeing as you clearly like Wikipedia, here it lists North Korea's air defence systems, as you can see more than capable of bringing down hundreds of modern jets:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People's_Air_Force#Air_Defense

"North Korea has deployed a wide range of SAM and AAA systems ranging from the oldest Soviet designs to highly mobile and modern examples. Most SAM systems are of Soviet design lineage with some locally produced designs, while AA artillery is from both Soviet and local suppliers. The DPRK has the densest air defense network in the world, with air defence pads deployed virtually around every town and major city. MANPADS are used extensively, with over 15,000 units fielded according to a 1995 Pentagon report on the country. North Korea has one of the best hardened integrated air defence systems (IADS) in the world, with many of its radars and launchers positioned on fortified elevating platforms and its aircraft positioned in hardened bunkers and even two underground airbases.[21] The addition of the KN-06 SAM, which was flight-tested in the spring of 2011, and a local model of the Pechora 2 (Upgraded SA-3), unveiled at a 2012 military parade have notably expanded the systems capabilities."
Non of that matters when it comes to stand-off weapons that the US has in abundance. The first wave ( not that there is going to be), will be from way out of range. Conventional cruise and anti-radar missiles will simply dilute their capability to negligible levels. Then if they launch their entirely land based air force, they will either be picked off by the US ainti-aircraft capability ( missiles, jets etc)... or they will run out of fuel before they get near a US asset.

They will more likely attach the South Korean forces, but even then, they have no stealth capability, and will be picked off in large numbers.

Just get real Mustafa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here