Normal People with Celebrity Names

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I used to work with Steve Martin and Rob Lowe.

I also used to work with a Steve Martin

I also once met a David Platt.

I've got a South African friend here called David Platt. Weirdly he had no idea who his namesake was.

I also used to play cricket with a guy called Peter Ward. (No, he didn't bat at every number)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
My school days resulted in me once knowing a boy called Dartanian and a girl called Ariadne. I never met Ariadne's parents, but Dartanian's were really weird.

el punal

When I worked for Royal Mail I sorted a letter addressed to Mr. Francis Drake of Plymouth - that bowled me over!

Maybe not celebrity names, although they certainly should be, I delivered mail to a Ricky Rock, who was a record collector, and a certain Miss Ophelia Balls - I'm not sure what she does. :eek:

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Used to work with a guy called Bruce Willis.

He brought cheese and pickle sandwiches to work every day.

You know what they say about old habits.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Worked in a house recently for a John Craven, also worked for a customer called Roger Walters.
There is a painter and decorator in Seaford called Tony Curtis.
My son in law has a brother called Peter Crouch.
Not sure if he posts on here but there is an Albion season ticket holder that I know called Paul Daniels.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
If you're thinking Pink Floyd it's Roger Waters.

Thanks, I've had a long day.
:thumbsup:
Yes that's him, I was going to look up the correct spelling of his name and I did type Waters first, when he phoned me up he said his name was the same as the Pink Floyd member.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I was introduced to a man called Austin Morris in the States. He was obviously used to Brits chuckling to themselves upon the introduction. He just gave me a wry smile.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Janet Jackson has just appeared on Mastermind.

Michael Jackson lived on the council estate I grew up on.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
When I worked In Manila for a few years The following worked with me.,
King George
Lady Diana
Aristotle and Adonis........

I shit you not the Filipinos love crazy names .....I have a neice called Lady Anne and another called Princess.......

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Used to work with Michelle Heaton. And was speaking the other day with Steve Bull. Also stood behind a telesales girl who had to phone up and as for Michael Hunt who is sort of a celebrity on Porky's. Oh, and my dad's Stepdad was Bob Hope although it took me years to make the connection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports