Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Years of developing a passing style, to be replaced by a lump it up to the big fella merchant......I may reconsider my 300 mile round trip and season ticket if this turns out to be true.....but I refuse to believe it.

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
I do love our passing game but if a more direct approach gets us results and promotion I am not to fussed. As long as the might albion win that's all that matters to me

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Sure bloom has said in past that next manager would continue passing style. Dont see it would be change of player staff from first to youth teams.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I had a mate called Hugh. Unfortunate really, as his family name was Jarse :ohmy:

Huge Jarce and Jenny Tailia?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Stokes football isn't actually that bad . Pulls would get us promoted

It's not bad, it's twating horrible. If we think we've got a bad rep at the moment, get Pulis in and we'll be lumping and lobbing high balls up to C.M.S and Ulloa and kicking seven shades of shite out of our opponents. I'm sure that'll endear us even more with the football community.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I would be happy with that on a short-term basis.

He is a pragmatist who knows what it takes to win football matches. Who gives a shit if it is pretty or not? At least it would be exciting to watch as well.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Years of developing a passing style, to be replaced by a lump it up to the big fella merchant......I may reconsider my 300 mile round trip and season ticket if this turns out to be true.....but I refuse to believe it.

Bye bye then. Look where tippy tappy got us. Bored out of our sculls in the same league as we started. All that matters is watching goals go in, and winning football matches.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Bye bye then. Look where tippy tappy got us. Bored out of our sculls in the same league as we started. All that matters is watching goals go in, and winning football matches.

Pretty certain it took us from the bottom half of League one to 4th in the Championship...

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Fat Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis et al may have been discredited as dinosaurs but they're a long way from being beaten. They still enjoy continued success in the league much to our dismay.
Tippy-Tappy football is not quite there yet and is struggling to find a place in the English psyche with its periods of aimless passing around at the back. Our success has been wonderful under Gus but I can't remember in years gone by actually being bored on occasions which I am sometimes lately.
How often did we score against a determined defence with all that to-ing and fro-ing to Bridcutt and back camped outside the opposition penalty area. Very rarely. Most goals in open play come from fast incisive breaks and always will do. The really successful clubs use a mixture of passing, pace and power.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Fat Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis et al may have been discredited as dinosaurs but they're a long way from being beaten. They still enjoy continued success in the league much to our dismay.
Tippy-Tappy football is not quite there yet and is struggling to find a place in the English psyche with its periods of aimless passing around at the back. Our success has been wonderful under Gus but I can't remember in years gone by actually being bored on occasions which I am sometimes lately.
How often did we score against a determined defence with all that to-ing and fro-ing to Bridcutt and back camped outside the opposition penalty area. Very rarely. Most goals in open play come from fast incisive breaks and always will do. The really successful clubs use a mixture of passing, pace and power.

A very good post sir.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Bored out of our sKulls?

Speak for yourself mate. If you want simple launch it style I'm afraid YOU are going to be disappointed.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Bored out of our sKulls?

Speak for yourself mate. If you want simple launch it style I'm afraid YOU are going to be disappointed.

Not really, but nor do I want aimless tippy tappy back-passing football. There is a happy medium that the best teams deploy. It is no good having a football if you do nothing with it, and pass it aimlessly until you lose it.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Watching Poyet's tippy tappy tedium of taking 20 minutes to get the ball to the halfway line was akin to being under anaesthetic. I don't believe the Pullis style could be more tedius. Was Poyet proud of not getting a single shot on target at Bristol City last season? I wasn't.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

From bottom of league 1 to 4th in the Championship and one win from automatic promotion to the Premier League?

The only people bored out of their 'sculls' where the old dinosaurs that think we should "get it up to the big man, THE GOAL IS THAT WAY." The people still stuck in the 1970's who don't understand the game properly and aren't intelligent enough to move with the times.

You still haven't answered my question from the other day, do you actually understand the reasons and the thinking behind passing, possession football? Do you know why we pass the ball backwards or sideways sometimes?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here