Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noelia deniz on oscar worth a read

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
she stalks him and pretends to like football to get his attention.......not worth reading.

- he only had a squad worth £20m or so, and needed more £ - even tho burnley only spent £5 and walked it.

a manager needs to get a team to gel....OG couldn't do it.

Nail

On

Head

The woman is clearly besotted with the man and offers nothing at all here other than taking the easy option of blaming somebody else. To be quite honest it's a bit embarrassing

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Interesting, I feel bloom is caught between a rock and a hard place when it comes to satisfying a managers budget requirements and Ffp, maybe he will have to risk financial penalties if we are ever to succeed in getting to the premier league, because there will always be teams with parachute money to compete with. Its a huge huge gamble though because failure could set us back years.

I do wish Oscar well, and bear him no grudges but he knew (or perhaps he was misled, if you believe what noelia is saying) the situation when he took the job

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. Bloom may be a gambler, but a considered (and very successful) one.

I trust in him biding his time to get the infrastructure right and for the effects of FFP to kick in (wages plateau or fall) so he can make a bigger push (in terms of transfer/wages budget) for the premier league at the right time, without risking it all.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I just want TB to come out and say what the parameters are - are we going for it or not? That will just help me calibrate my expectations and stop all my anguish

But he has, at the start of the season!

We were going to try as hard as we can to get promoted within FFP constraints. He thought that top 2 was only an outside possibility, but that he wouldn't be happy with a finish below a playoff spot.

The problem is that many posters on NSC want him to spend on the team regardless in order to compete with teams with bigger budgets and don't like the fact that, to date, he's made it perfectly clear that he won't.

Now, it will be interesting to see if he changes his mind for next season. My betting is that he will not and will wait until FFP penalises the transgressors (always assuming that the FL enforce it, which they may well not do), levelling the playing field so that we are competitive financially somewhat, though we will never be on a level playing field with those sides that have parachute payments.

Beyond next season? Maybe, in several years' time, he will get fed up of the Championship and really go for it, and hang the consequences, but there is absolutely no sign that he's remotely thinking about it at the moment.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
What;s the excuse for not fielding 2 strikers sunday and having already been beaten 3 times not changing shape style and tactic's....in a bid to change..........and give it a real go..

We were much the better team on the Thursday, why on earth would he suddenly abandon all his playing principles to lump the ball up to the big guy.

His mistake may have been moving Ward inside instead of moving Ince to CB and bringing Kemy on in CMF.
That would have kept us moving forward instead of being penned in for the rest of the game.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I thought Stephens was a target although way down on the list, but I agree it was a the lack of backing in the transfer market that seems to have been the catalyst. Now if Tony already had doubts and did not want to give him money to spend in January as the results were nothing special we may never know..... Again....

Catch 22 though.

Results were not quite what we would have wanted because we had a huge injury crisis.
To solve the injury crisis OG probably wanted more players bringing in, Bloom says no because the results weren't that great.

Repeat to fade.......

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I just want TB to come out and say what the parameters are - are we going for it or not? That will just help me calibrate my expectations and stop all my anguish

Oh, that will work, 23000 season tickets holders suddenly cancel when TB says "I'm not spending anymore money, there's no budget, we are sticking to FFP and the development squad can cover the losses of Kuszack, Upson, Andrews, et al!"

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Its obvious OG and the board fell out over transfers and player wages

OG politely told them he wanted to leave and the club don't want it to look like they are at fault (even if they are not)

Noelia is always going to be on Oscars side what did you expect her to say? Maybe she has said too much and OG may not be happy about this.

I've always suspected our finances don't meet the expectations of the fans and even perhaps what the board thought the Amex could bring, if you check my posts I've always said the matchday revenue wasn't enough to cover cost to finance a squad to reach and stay in the Prem.

OG going confirms Poyet was right about the ceiling and that the ceiling is still there.

TB is a rich man but whether he is rich enough or willing to gamble enough to buy promotion I can't say. I heard today that Randy Learner has spent £300M of his own money in the last 2 years trying to make Villa successful, has TB got £300M to risk? Even if he has rich people don't like losing that sort of money even if its within their pockets - they got rich by not losing that sort of money and I suspect TB is the sort of Guy that doesn't like losing £3000 let alone £3m of his families.

I think TB is happy to invest in Infrastructure, buildings and intellectual property for the club but unwilling to gamble it on Players and players wages which might expose him to unsustainable losses. The Amex has to bring in as much money as it can and the clubs finances must dictate how much we spend on players and their wages.

TB might be a fan but he isn't stupid to go and make himself bankrupt trying to make 4th place in the Prem unless there is a good chance of doing it.

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
Oh, that will work, 23000 season tickets holders suddenly cancel when TB says "I'm not spending anymore money, there's no budget, we are sticking to FFP and the development squad can cover the losses of Kuszack, Upson, Andrews, et al!"

Make that 22,999. I won't cancel.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

OG politely told them he wanted to leave and the club don't want it to look like they are at fault (even if they are not)

Noelia is always going to be on Oscars side what did you expect her to say? Maybe she has said too much and OG may not be happy about this.

I've always suspected our finances don't meet the expectations of the fans and even perhaps what the board thought the Amex could bring, if you check my posts I've always said the matchday revenue wasn't enough to cover cost to finance a squad to reach and stay in the Prem.

OG going confirms Poyet was right about the ceiling and that the ceiling is still there.

TB is a rich man but whether he is rich enough or willing to gamble enough to buy promotion I can't say. I heard today that Randy Learner has spent £300M of his own money in the last 2 years trying to make Villa successful, has TB got £300M to risk? Even if he has rich people don't like losing that sort of money even if its within their pockets - they got rich by not losing that sort of money and I suspect TB is the sort of Guy that doesn't like losing £3000 let alone £3m of his families.

I think TB is happy to invest in Infrastructure, buildings and intellectual property for the club but unwilling to gamble it on Players and players wages which might expose him to unsustainable losses. The Amex has to bring in as much money as it can and the clubs finances must dictate how much we spend on players and their wages.

TB might be a fan but he isn't stupid to go and make himself bankrupt trying to make 4th place in the Prem unless there is a good chance of doing it.

STUPENDOUS POST
nail on the bleeding head
and I will go back to the hunch that I had that Tony will sell if things get to jiggy and the fans actually want to go up
the hope is that we could stay within FFP and go up with a young team and sustain a long stay with those players and not have to sell ...job done

but get a move on I can't wait much longer

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the Noelia Deniz statement fits in with what we already know but gives it a little more focus.

The key is how decisions were arrived at in the January window and what factors shaped those decisions.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We were much the better team on the Thursday, why on earth would he suddenly abandon all his playing principles to lump the ball up to the big guy.

His mistake may have been moving Ward inside instead of moving Ince to CB and bringing Kemy on in CMF.
That would have kept us moving forward instead of being penned in for the rest of the game.

our PROBLEM is idiots like YOU who think the ONLY alternative to our "STYLE" of play is to play big SAM HOOFball.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I think the Noelia Deniz statement fits in with what we already know but gives it a little more focus.

The key is how decisions were arrived at in the January window and what factors shaped those decisions.

January

OG - Ok I have worked with the squad and whilst we have some good players I need these six experienced players to get us promotion until we can find players from the development squad.

TB - We can't afford the wages for these players just yet, can't you bring in some loans and bring the development squad through quicker.

OG - Not if you want promotion this year or next, I need experienced players and they want big wages.

TB - We havent got the budget for that, You and Nathan go through the agents and find some players that can do the job but the wage bill is XXXXX

OG - Thats not enough I can't work with that

TB - Its all we can afford you have too

OG - Its too much to ask of me - you find the players on that budget but I'm off if I don't get a realistic amount

TB - OK

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Sounds about right, we failed to meet his conditions and left him to the donkey work. We did not fulfill our side of the bargain.

This.
I for one am very sorry to see him go. He was the real deal in my opinion.
I believe in a few years the board (or whoever is responsible for pissing him off) will rue this day.

Good luck Oscar. buena suerte.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Because "Finally, I would like to thank Tony Bloom for his support; and especially Paul Barber, for his support;" would be a particularly crap sentence to write? He dealt with Paul Barber on a day-by-day basis, I would assume, and if PB was giving him support, surely that support would have come via TB? :shrug:
This man, he speaks sense.

It's clearly Tony isn't involved in the day to day running of the club, so can't provide much support.

Whoever Noelia is needs to extract her head from Oscar's ass and see the real world.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

Yep that just about covers it all for me as well. Long live a financially stable BHA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here