Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noelia deniz on oscar worth a read

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Difficult to take sides when we don't know what Oscar was granted when he joined and we don't know what has gone on since.

There's a chance that she doesn't kkow the ins and outs.

Her side is Oscar. That has always been clear.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
She's absolutely clueless.

Obviously has a crush on him and just stalks him.

Never given ANY insight ever.

This with bells on. That article was probanly written following brief research on here. People seem to be blinded by the fact that she's pretty with nice tits.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I have to say i hold more weight and respect to what TB would have to say about our club then a journo in Spain. Saying that it would be nice to have a clear explanation as i think most supporters would completely understand if it was due to financial constraints. Our supporters more then many other realise the comfort of having a secure club!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
she stalks him and pretends to like football to get his attention.......not worth reading.

- he only had a squad worth £20m or so, and needed more £ - even tho burnley only spent £5 and walked it.

a manager needs to get a team to gel....OG couldn't do it.

Burnley only spent a fiver! Jesus they did well

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've just lost the (potentially) best manager we've ever had (since Chris Catlin, who was also shafted)

an intelligent well trained (albeit inexperienced) man has been hindered, badly, to the point of no return. As a consequence he's resigned. poor form BHA PLC. The clubs loss.

I sincerely hope we continue to rise, and maybe one day he'll return to spank us in European competition. icing on both cakes.

best of luck Oscar . . . **** knows who we'll get next!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
People have flamed her as a trouble maker in the past, but to be fair she called after the transfer window that Oscar wasn't happy with what how we ended up. I think there's too much smoke without fire here to overlook it, or to pooh pooh Noelia.

I would BTW.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have to say i hold more weight and respect to what TB would have to say about our club then a journo in Spain. Saying that it would be nice to have a clear explanation as i think most supporters would completely understand if it was due to financial constraints. Our supporters more then many other realise the comfort of having a secure club!

That is the problem if the club said something it would stop a lot of talk and guessing but with nothing officially guesswork is inevitable.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
That is the problem if the club said something it would stop a lot of talk and guessing but with nothing officially guesswork is inevitable.

Watch this space i guess! I can't see the benefit in not making a clear statement about the situation. To be fair Bloom and especially Barber have been very good in keeping the lines of communication open. Last years legal gag order an exception.

Masky

Jan 15, 2011
She has made a number of tweets over the season and seems to be pretty credible throughout the period... I believe there is a lot of what she says to be on the ball.... Thanks Noelia..

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not good reading and falls into line with rumours of how Oscar has been unhappy with the transfer dealings since January.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He wasn't, this was the trouble in January. None of Oscar's target were signed as well as losing Barnes, El Abd etc

I thought Stephens was a target although way down on the list, but I agree it was a the lack of backing in the transfer market that seems to have been the catalyst. Now if Tony already had doubts and did not want to give him money to spend in January as the results were nothing special we may never know..... Again....

EastUpperSeagull

Jul 3, 2013
I can't see how OG ever expected huge amounts of money to be spent but I was worried to see us losing out on all our targets in January.

I just want TB to come out and say what the parameters are - are we going for it or not? That will just help me calibrate my expectations and stop all my anguish

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I thought Stephens was a target although way down on the list, but I agree it was a the lack of backing in the transfer market that seems to have been the catalyst. Now if Tony already had doubts and did not want to give him money to spend in January as the results were nothing special we may never know..... Again....

Stephens was way down the list and Rodriguez was not on it at all, so much for Oscar having the say on who was signed

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
This with bells on. That article was probanly written following brief research on here. People seem to be blinded by the fact that she's pretty with nice tits.

Ah, FINALLY we get to the nitty gritty. Any pics?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
My word on Oscar García’s resignation

MAY 12, 2014 / NOELIA DENIZ

There is no need for me to defend Oscar García because there is nothing he particularly has done wrong, but I would like to make sure you judge him for what he has done and not for what they may tell you he has done – or even what some of you may make up in your minds, not knowing the full story. It’s wrong to say he made the decision to leave the club after the elimination in the Play-Offs with Derby, please don’t get fooled, it has nothing to do with the results, he did really well to that respect.

All been said, he did commit for 3 years but it was on some conditions. I kept saying during the season that the reason why certain things weren’t going so well had to do more with the club than with the head coach, you can keep thinking and believing what you are made to believe. Let’s mention here, for instance, the transfer window and the requests that for whichever reasons were never fulfilled. I invite you to read between the lines in Oscar’s open letter, here it is, if you haven’t read it yet:

Dear Supporter,

I would like to thank the Brighton & Hove Albion fans for their tremendous support throughout the past year. I have been proud to be the head coach of your club.

Yesterday, we gave it our best. We didn’t have the best of luck, but regardless we were simply beaten by the better team. Overall, when all things are considered, particularly our terrible luck with injuries both yesterday and since the very start of the season, I think it has been an excellent year for the club.

The Championship is undoubtedly one of the most challenging leagues in the world. It is highly competitive and it is made up of a wide range of clubs with very different budgets. Parachute payments for eight of the clubs in the league and new Financial Fair Play rules make it even harder. Despite these issues, I feel we have performed well.

As such, I am incredibly proud of the players – they have given everything for me, the club, and you, our fans. I have also been pleased to have been able to help a number of the club’s young players develop and progress into the first team, and I hope they will play many, many games for Brighton & Hove Albion in the future.

I would also like to thank staff at the club. The club has a tremendous group of people at all levels – both at the training ground and in the stadium, who care passionately about the Albion and who are desperate for the club to succeed and to progress further. They too have made me very proud.

Finally, I would like to thank Tony Bloom for giving me this opportunity; and especially Paul Barber, for his support; I have enjoyed a close working relationship with Paul during my time in Brighton.

I have enjoyed my first experience of English football, and I would like to wish Brighton & Hove Albion and the fans of the club the very best for the future. The club will always have a place in my heart and I hope very soon they will be competing at the top level in English football.

Oscar Garcia

Why do you think he only thanks Bloom for the opportunity given and not for his support? He is very thankful to the supporters, he knows they have been behind him from the start but when it goes beyond football, there is little that the fans can do. He has done an excellent job during his first season in charge of Brighton, through the difficulties that he had (injuries, etc) and baring in mind the short squad, I think he achieved more than he himself, humble as he is, would have thought. Oscar is an honest man, he is one of a kind and so you should feel proud to have had him in charge of the Albion this season and wish him well.

Noelia Déniz

Because "Finally, I would like to thank Tony Bloom for his support; and especially Paul Barber, for his support;" would be a particularly crap sentence to write? He dealt with Paul Barber on a day-by-day basis, I would assume, and if PB was giving him support, surely that support would have come via TB? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here