Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No VERMIN on NSC tonight

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Good morning one and all.
It certainly makes interesting reading on here this morning,but beware the proverbial kick in the whatsits. As some of you have pointed out, our away form is dire, but I can see us winning a couple before the end of the season.with home games against Hull, Leeds and Leicester coming up, it's a good chance to get some points on our rivals.
in my opinion, we'll get in the playoffs, JUST, and I still feel you'll get pipped on the line for a playoff place.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It certainly makes interesting reading on here this morning,but beware the proverbial kick in the whatsits. As some of you have pointed out, our away form is dire, but I can see us winning a couple before the end of the season.with home games against Hull, Leeds and Leicester coming up, it's a good chance to get some points on our rivals.
in my opinion,we'll get in the playoffs, JUST, and I still feel you'll get pipped on the line for a playoff place.

Sounds to me like you ought to be following your own advice, Nige i.e "beware the proverbial kick in the whatsits".

:wink:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
in my opinion, we'll get in the playoffs, JUST, and I still feel you'll get pipped on the line for a playoff place.

You will make the play offs, for sure.points in the bag are better than games in hand.

Us? Tough games away at Forest, Bolton, Leeds, Boro and our postponed game at Barnsley. Even Bristol City and Peterborough away won't be easy, both fighting for their lives.

After yesterday, and middlesborogh's continuing decline I see forest as the biggest threat to 6th place.

I think we'm finish 6th, you fifth.

See you at Wembley.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
We do not seem capable of scoring more than 1 goal in a game, how the f*** are we going to reach the playoffs let alone win them,get real, please

I would be happy with 1-0 wins until end of the season. 3 points is 3 points. When we play pretty football we tend to draw or lose. Yet playing ugly we seem to grind out results. What is the problem?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Keep hold of those straws stripey Nige :lol:

Wasn't your game yesterday one of the "easily winnable" games of your run in :lol:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Keep hold of those straws stripey Nige :lol:

Wasn't your game yesterday one of the "easily winnable" games of your run in :lol:

No away games are winnable at the moment, but I've got a feeling that could change soon :wink:
All your talk of promotion could change in a blink of a defeat, I'd rather have points on the board then potentially winnable games.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This cheeky little BBS gem also caught my eye:

I like Holloway but people need to admit his tactically he is very poor, it's basically go out and score 1 more than the other team, which clearly doesn't work away from home.

This tickled me ... talk about sticking your neck out!

BBS1_zps16e0a9b2.png

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
PHP:

FFS so now our wins don't count because they weren't convincing enough for you, :ffsparr: it's called an away win, remember what they feel like? You may have to cast your mind back a few months sweetie.

Where did I say they do not count? or are you making things up to suit your argument. I am just pointing out that your last two wins have hardly been convincing as your own fans admit, so for some of you to think that you are guaranteed the play offs is slightly optimistic. The only team I would say is guaranteed is Watford, but they will soon come unstuck if the rules on loans change.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Where did I say they do not count? or are you making things up to suit your argument. I am just pointing out that your last two wins have hardly been convincing as your own fans admit, so for some of you to think that you are guaranteed the play offs is slightly optimistic. The only team I would say is guaranteed is Watford, but they will soon come unstuck if the rules on loans change.

Gutsy display tuesday..beat the league leaders in there own back yard...only one nil yesterday..but have to say i felt comfortable all game and never felt we would lose...enough for me...if it doesnt suit you..well tbh thats not important..we are moving up.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Vermin, you blokes have such a way with words. By all rights we shouldnt have lost today against them but the result does not lie, then again it could have been worse it could have been 3-1. To those who think we are going to slip out of the play-offs I truly think you are wrong and I am far from confident of anything when it comes to the Palace.
Also you lot seem to be overly confident!

Easy gents, this one's one of the decent, civilised ones :p

For the record, I'm FAR from confident, we'll probably bottle it again.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dunk's. Whose fault is it you got a corner that you scored from - the refs. It's not like we think we should have won that day, but things didn't go our way, that's life.
No they haven't been convincing, but like you say, results count, and we've got 3 wins and a draw in our last 4 games, so it's looking decent.

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here