Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Three people who like a bit of straight talking , are you upset or uncomfortable about that ??
Regards
DF

straight talking? :D

about the mixed race couples represented in commercials subverting our children's minds?

has anyone told you what to say yet? :rolleyes:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Three people who like a bit of straight talking , are you upset or uncomfortable about that ??
Regards
DF

Just when it appears that your village idiot position could be under pressure from the massed ranks of [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], [MENTION=22671]Bognor Seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION], [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] and [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] you manage to take it down to a level of idiocy they can only dream of, every single time :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Just when it appears that your village idiot position could be under pressure from the massed ranks of [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION], [MENTION=22671]Bognor Seagull[/MENTION], [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION], [MENTION=22389]bashlsdir[/MENTION] and [MENTION=35196]Is it PotG?[/MENTION] you manage to take it down to a level of idiocy they can only dream of, every single time :thumbsup:

Needed to look this up because you had me totally lost there???
You're such a clever lad.

SmartSelectImage_2020-05-23-19-28-01.jpg

But you must have misread me, because I would have stolen the lorry before it got to the village, sell that to the Kraay lad, grass him up to the old bill.

Then I would use all the sugar to make candy floss by selling it to people like yourself.

The candy floss would be labour red and called a tasty QC (quick candy)

Bet you would be keen to get your laughing gear around that Watford?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

You really ARE a prized plum.

Jan 30, 2008

still feeling a bit uncomfortable about being mugged off :bigwave:
regards
DF

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Needed to look this up because you had me totally lost there???
You're such a clever lad.

View attachment 123998

But you must have misread me, because I would have stolen the lorry before it got to the village, sell that to the Kraay lad, grass him up to the old bill.

Then I would use all the sugar to make candy floss by selling it to people like yourself.

The candy floss would be labour red and called a tasty QC (quick candy)

Bet you would be keen to get your laughing gear around that Watford?

I think that if you took sugar from an overturned lorry loaded with sugar, that is the quaint old crime of " Stealing By Finding " , a bit nawty… If you actually stole the lorry before it overturned that is what was less quaintly called " premeditated theft " …. the difference sort of shows up YOUR moral compass.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
https://twitter.com/skynewspolitics/status/1268171221520330754?s=21

How can the U.K. possibly be more vulnerable now to imported cases when cases all over Europe are 90% down on peak? Anyone got any ideas how to explain this because I’m bewildered by this

Anything they would have got round to would have been too late.

The scientists now think it overwhelming came in from Spain in late February and March.

The quarantine now is simply a populist move, but like a lot of things this Government are trying to do - not very popular.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
A bit of digging on this and bare in mind: most countries testing capacity has increased 5 fold since early April so realistically the difference in cases then to now is probably even bigger.

Cases per day as of April 1st

Spain: 8000
Italy: 5000
France: 4500
Germany: 6000
Turkey: 4000
Belgium: 1500
Netherlands: 1000

We don’t quarantine people at circa 30k cases in these countries, and the number is probably double this given testing capacity increases.

As of yesterday:

Spain: 294
Italy: 318
France 300
Germany 326
Turkey 786
Belgium 98
Netherlands 102

Now we quarantine people at around 2000 cases. :lolol: Globally cases are going up, but this is where common sense should come in - why are we blanket quarantining and not putting resources/checks into the more high risk countries?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think I must have missed something so hopefully one of you good people can put me right.

Why are we introducing the quarantine on new arrivals NOW when cases are falling?

Shouldn't we have introduced the quarantine in March when lockdown started? Surely that was the time to have implemented these restrictions.

Isn't doing it now a bit horse - stable door - closing - bolted kind of scenario? Is this a political (rather than scientific) decision to appease the mid shires? If not, hopefully someone can explain why we are doing it now. Thank you

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think I must have missed something so hopefully one of you good people can put me right.

Why are we introducing the quarantine on new arrivals NOW when cases are falling?

Shouldn't we have introduced the quarantine in March when lockdown started? Surely that was the time to have implemented these restrictions.

Isn't doing it now a bit horse - stable door - closing - bolted kind of scenario? Is this a political (rather than scientific) decision to appease the mid shires? If not, hopefully someone can explain why we are doing it now. Thank you

The explanation I heard was that it would have been pointless then, as the virus was already here and circulating freely - so quarantining new arrivals wouldn't have made much difference overall. But now that it's 'under control' we don't want new outbreaks coming from abroad - hence quarantining new arrivals.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The explanation I heard was that it would have been pointless then, as the virus was already here and circulating freely - so quarantining new arrivals wouldn't have made much difference overall. But now that it's 'under control' we don't want new outbreaks coming from abroad - hence quarantining new arrivals.

That's the explanation they given but apparently but it hasn't come from scientific advice. In fact if you let a load of people from a country with a lower R rate, your infection rate technical goes down.

It's being reported this policy has been cooked up Cummings and Pritel. It's pure populism to make it look we are doing something to keep the foreigners out.

Same stupid people supporting it are the ones who want to know when they can go on holiday.........

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
That's the explanation they given but apparently but it hasn't come from scientific advice. In fact if you let a load of people from a country with a lower R rate, your infection rate technical goes down.

It's being reported this policy has been cooked up Cummings and Pritel. It's pure populism to make it look we are doing something to keep the foreigners out.

Same stupid people supporting it are the ones who want to know when they can go on holiday.........

I’m not aware of anyone supporting this, even the WI Mail reading brigade.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I agree with you in the round, but how does the R rate in another country affect the likelihood of visitors from it spreading the virus in the UK?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here