Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Priti Patel Thread?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
In opening announcing the opening of their borders and tourism, the Italian PM Conte said the decision to lift curbs was a “calculated risk. We’re facing this risk and we have to accept it because otherwise we will never get started again.”

Unless everyone stays locked indoors for possibly years, easing any lockdown necessarily increases the risk and ultimately lives are lost to covid. But then livelihoods are destroyed, mental wellbeing suffers (suicides) and there’s loss of life due to other illnesses from protracted lockdown.

All about opinions, but to me the moves by several European governments feels right, just now. It will be interesting to see, by say September, if those nations have paid a covid19 price, obviously I hope not. Whilst for the lockdown French, British and Irish - how have they fared by comparison?

Risk sounds so much better than gamble, gamble just sounds like the road to ruin, whereas risk sounds calculated - hopefully!

Hindsight is a wonderful tool, so indeed it would be great to be able to go forward six months to prove those “gambles” were just well founded, well calculated risks.... only time will tell.

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Priti Patel proving that the Government are clueless.

It may just be my hearing, but on the question of when dentists would be back open, I'm sure she said 'when are the dentures'

So questions on weddings, waffle
Questions on holidays, replied to totally different question to the one posed
Question on schools, waffle
Question on visitors from France, constantly talking, waffle, waffle
Question on why waiting until 8th June to save lives, repeat section of speech of why introducing, then waffle
No follow up questions allowed in case the reporter pointed out that their question had not been answered.

At least Johnson will think that with that woeful performance, his U Turn from yesterday will be yesterdays news, and he can always appoint a new Home Secretary in the next reshuffle.
You forgot to say how many times she said ,the fact of the matter is .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just watched it.

Yeah, kinda like, whatever, you know, as I said, yeah, obviously, as I said in my statement, yeah, whatever, if I can hand over to anybody who knows what they are talking about..., you know, right now, the fact of the matter is, did you see the graphs, controllin', supportin', obviously, and in answer to your question. I'm also gonna say, but as I said, I really do... and we are looking in that particularly space. Yeah, let's talk about terrorists. You know, cos the virus is like a terrorist. You know....

Appalling, absolutely appalling, And these clowns were elected to negotiate Brexit,

Our Home Secretary is a complete and utter utter utter moron.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Just watched it.

Yeah, kinda like, whatever, you know, as I said, yeah, obviously, as I said in my statement, yeah, whatever, if I can hand over to anybody who knows what they are talking about..., you know, right now, the fact of the matter is, did you see the graphs, controllin', supportin', obviously, and in answer to your question. I'm also gonna say, but as I said, I really do... and we are looking in that particularly space. Yeah, let's talk about terrorists. You know, cos the virus is like a terrorist. You know....

Appalling, absolutely appalling, And these clowns were elected to negotiate Brexit,

Our Home Secretary is a complete and utter utter utter moron.

Spot on. Indeed so spot on that I have good reason to believe that you are her speech-writer! Own up.

Seriously, she is so dim I wonder if she actually understands the questions (the old cock-up v. conspiracy debate). What's even more frightening is that she is one of the ones that Johnson puts out to bat; the others waiting in the pavilion must be dire beyond belief.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seriously, she is so dim I wonder if she actually understands the questions (the old cock-up v. conspiracy debate). What's even more frightening is that she is one of the ones that Johnson puts out to bat; the others waiting in the pavilion must be dire beyond belief.

Nah, she just has the right beliefs. There are plenty of competent people in the Tory party. Look at Julian Smith, an NI SoS who won the praise of the DUP, SF and the Irish government - widely seen as the best SoS since Mo Mowlem - an outstanding minister. He's kicked out the cabinet as he's not a true believer.

And that's not counting the people like Grieve, Clarke, Gauke and Stewart who have been forced out of the party entirely.

I've been following politics for about 50 years and every PM has had a vaguely competent cabinet - they occasionally pick people who aren't up to it, but they don't normally last long.

Look at Thatcher. She was renowned for asking "is he one of us" but still picked plenty of non-Thatcherites (Prior, Heseltine,Hurd, Walker, Clarke, Pym etc) to serve in her cabinets. It's really not the best way to govern a country

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Spot on. Indeed so spot on that I have good reason to believe that you are her speech-writer! Own up.

It's a race between Priti Patel and Liz Truss in the dimness stakes.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
She is an absolute disgrace, and does not have an ounce of feeling or compassion in her short arsed body.
I'm surprised she didnt announce that todays death toll of 351, as another 351 have snuffed it.
Horrible cow.

When watching yesterday I was wondering if she had a heated discussion with her advisors before the daily update.

"Look do I have to say sadly, and all our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies are with those that lost there loved ones".

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not a fan of government bashing in this crisis as I do believe it’s an extremely difficult job but I find her demeanour and general sarcasm quite horrendous, she didn’t answer anything at all really and seemed quite insulted by questions. It borders on the bizarre the way she comes across.

A blanket approach to quarantine seems totally wrong, by the way she reacted to the questions it would guess she’s strongly in favour of the blanket approach.

Jimmy Grimble

Not a fan of government bashing in this crisis as I do believe it’s an extremely difficult job but I find her demeanour and general sarcasm quite horrendous, she didn’t answer anything at all really and seemed quite insulted by questions. It borders on the bizarre the way she comes across.

A blanket approach to quarantine seems totally wrong, by the way she reacted to the questions it would guess she’s strongly in favour of the blanket approach.

You do realise there’s a difference between bashing and highlighting mistakes/weird decisions, which - if people didn’t do - the government would be unaccountable?

I think most have tried to be constructive and presented arguments with evidence. You have to go beyond headline criticisms and provocative Piers Morgan tweets.

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
Come the next cabinet reshuffle, she will be moved on for sure, no doubt in a downward direction, her public popularity polling must be the lowest of the high level tories, down there with rees-mogg and cummings.

Jan 30, 2008
Come the next cabinet reshuffle, she will be moved on for sure, no doubt in a downward direction, her public popularity polling must be the lowest of the high level tories, down there with rees-mogg and cummings.

Three people who like a bit of straight talking , are you upset or uncomfortable about that ??
Regards
DF

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

She will be moved on when Cummings says she can be moved on......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
She's not tweeted the support for him today, only retweeted Raab. So either she doesn't back him or they don't trust her sufficiently to type out what they tell her to type out unsupervised.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't genuinely hate many people. But I hate Priti Patel. Thick as mince and pure evil.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Three people who like a bit of straight talking , are you upset or uncomfortable about that ??
Regards
DF

Yes, I suppose you're right. Jacob Rees-Mogg does get involved in straight talking. This from his investment company for example: ...coronavirus is a 'once or twice in a generation' opportunity to make 'super normal returns'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here