Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No playoffs, this year..?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Half a season to go... Half a season to go... But we're NSC, we don't care about the facts as we overact!

Jesus Christ what is it with people like you who despite us putting in a shite performance and adrift from the play off spots by 7 points and have teams are us scoring goals for fun, they are unable to bring themselves to criticise the team or admit we are not as good as we think we are! Its fine to have a pop when we have been crap, it doesnt make you a bedwetter or bad fan it is simply a perfectly reasonable response. Keep wearing your rose tinted specs mate but most of us will see things for how they are.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Jesus Christ what is it with people like you who despite us putting in a shite performance and adrift from the play off spots by 7 points and have teams are us scoring goals for fun, they are unable to bring themselves to criticise the team or admit we are not as good as we think we are! Its fine to have a pop when we have been crap, it doesnt make you a bedwetter or bad fan it is simply a perfectly reasonable response. Keep wearing your rose tinted specs mate but most of us will see things for how they are.

You clearly misunderstood my post. Your reaction was EXACTLY the type of behaviour I was portraying.

The season is far from over. Making judgments like many on here do (I.e. "There's no chance of a playoff spot now") is foolish. Of course we could finish mid table. The key word there is COULD. Any finish is still possible, so judging our fate by May at the start of February is pointless. I too believe we'll finish 10th-8th, but saying that's a certainty is silly.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Until we begin starting games with some attacking impetus then we are always creating a game that is balanced on a knifes edge. Lua Lua needs to start games and if he can't then March. We are desperately lacking pace in the starting 11 and until this is addressed we will struggle to improve on our current position. Spell of home games coming up which will be vital and can see frustration growing in the stands unless performances pick up

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
We had a terrible window and that killed us of. It's a shame people can't see that.

I'm starting to wonder if we we're back at Withdean with people saying the loan window is open, thought we abolished that when we left Withdean.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Withdean 5000 will have already accepted that we're going nowhere this season without a huge slice of good fortune.

The Twickers 20,000 will already be thinking about doing something else with their Saturday afternoons and Tuesday evenings.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The Withdean 5000 will have already accepted that we're going nowhere this season without a huge slice of good fortune.

The Twickers 20,000 will already be thinking about doing something else with their Saturday afternoons and Tuesday evenings.
What about the Goldstone faithful like me :smile:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tommy rot!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

The Withdean 5,000 know we're not going to be promoted in the next 20 years. Every year the teams that come down are stronger while we're weaker due to FFP and that'll carry on while we continue to come first in the FFP rankings but still lose money.

We have no chance of reaching the premier league now, we missed the boat and now paying the price. We'll be a mid table team or fighting relegation in years to come while everyone around us push on.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If players like Bridders and Barnes didn't want to be here then cash in. I don't have any problems with that. Not to replace them is simply criminal. People saying there's always the loan market but we already have 3 players on loan. We don't need to be patching up the team with more loans.

I'm not going to lie but i'm still deflated after the window. I'm more hurt about that than losing today.

Pretty much where I'm at right now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Also Oscar said on Friday he was expecting a busy day but we get one in. Just talk from him or was he expecting more from burke.

For me that was the concern, we knew Rodders was in before he said that so in truth nothing happened after his statement. It's like the Club said that Oscar has done bloody well and didn't need anything else.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

:bowdown:

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
If players like Bridders and Barnes didn't want to be here then cash in. I don't have any problems with that. Not to replace them is simply criminal. People saying there's always the loan market but we already have 3 players on loan. We don't need to be patching up the team with more loans.

I'm not going to lie but i'm still deflated after the window. I'm more hurt about that than losing today.
cant argue with that

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We are still very much in the playoff hunt.

We could do with beating Reading and Ipswich at the Amex though, otherwise it gets a little trickier, of course...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Withdean 5,000 know we're not going to be promoted in the next 20 years. Every year the teams that come down are stronger while we're weaker due to FFP and that'll carry on while we continue to come first in the FFP rankings but still lose money.

We have no chance of reaching the premier league now, we missed the boat and now paying the price. We'll be a mid table team or fighting relegation in years to come while everyone around us push on.

Got to disagree with you there, much as I agree with your sentiments. We've got a chairman with pockets of seriously deep depth. He could inject funds that would see us up there. Not qute sure why he's decided to play the long game, but that's what he appears to be doing. Which is pretty galling for the Withdean 5000 when the so-so likes of West Ham, Saints, Cardiff, Stoke etc etc. are holding their own up there. Very much doubt that long game will be 20 years long tho eh? Still, our championes FFP performance should see us sweep the boards in the annual Accountancy Age financial prudence awards. Hoorah!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Got to disagree with you there, much as I agree with your sentiments. We've got a chairman with pockets of seriously deep depth. He could inject funds that would see us up there. Not qute sure why he's decided to play the long game, but that's what he appears to be doing. Which is pretty galling for the Withdean 5000 when the so-so likes of West Ham, Saints, Cardiff, Stoke etc etc. are holding their own up there. Still, our championes FFP performance should see us sweep the boardsw in the annual Accountancy Age awards. hoorah!

The Withdean 5000 having taken over from the cognesenti, who knew nothing anyway? :lolol::lolol:

Hurry up & get on that plane!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Qq
The window was not spectacular but in all honesty this squad is rather patched together and aging. The back 4 will all need looking at come the end of the season. Some maybe kept.
Midfield is ok. Ince Orlandi Buckley Lualua March Stephens Crofts and maybe JFC all need to be kept. We also have the young winger signed from league 1.
Ulloa is fine as a target man but lacks some mobility. Can CMS staying thats about it.

Come the summer we need some 10 players to come into te squad.
I could not see the point of bringing in just anyone. I think it is obvious more forward players with pace are required and hopefully these players will be available come the summer.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's not time to judge Oscar yet and by the sounds of it, people understand that as there are no "Oscar out" threads yet (Ernest I'm looking at you!) However for me the last 10 games or so the side haven't really clicked and in my opinion we are not going to make the play offs. Too many forward players are off form or injured (not Oscars fault obviously) only Lua Lua is playing well.

I think we'll finish mid table this season, but next season Oscar will be judged. There are a lot of players out of contract in the summer so I can see a big overhaul of the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here