Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No playoffs, this year..?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Half a season to go... Half a season to go... But we're NSC, we don't care about the facts as we overact!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I agree, although the irony is how some folk are finding it hard to make a sober assessment at the moment !

It's natural to be disappointed when the penny finally drops on just how good - or not so as the case may well be - we are and that the play offs are probably beyond us. I do hope the fan base stays pretty much constant for next season because that would be a big bonus for the coming campaigns.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Last season we hit the heights against teams like Sheff We'd and Barnsley at home but we haven't got anywhere near that sort of performance this season.
It's going to be sit tight and wait till next season now. I still don't know about Oscar Garcia....... When he has a fair crack at it with a full squad and maybe with HIS summer signings then we can judge him.

Till then we still have drink and drugs don't we.

Spot on, Oscar is still picking up the pieces from last seasons failure and next season is the time to judge him.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
There are a good number of teams who are stronger than us this year. We are about where we belong, and considering the injuries Oscar has done well. I'd be happy to see his contract extended as the club looks to the longer term.

And there be even stronger teams next season and the season after and for ever.......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think we still have a chance, however I do get the pessimism as well. Based on current form and style to a degree, we look a million miles away from 6 consecutive wins.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
There is no need to play a weakened side in that game now though is there. Let's go for it, get a plum home draw in the quarters and have a Wembley day out. If someone can let Oscar know, I would appreciate it... Thank you.

To bloody right go for it. I'm unhappy like a few other fans at the moment but if we keep losing and not scoring then the day payers which bring the cash in will stay away.

I'm not happy at the moment and I'm usually happy but after drawing at Burnley and narrowly losing at Derby then today result is a kick in the teeth.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Season over for me. FA cup against Hull is massive. Beat them and you collect 180k prize money and you are guaranteed another 250k tv money for the QF

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes and I'm always here whether we win, lose or draw but after the January transfers and today has really ****ed me off. Be back soon.

We had a terrible window and that killed us of. It's a shame people can't see that.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
We had a terrible window and that killed us of. It's a shame people can't see that.

Agree. Reading the interviews with the players they give the impression of being disappointed with the business. Certainly appears to have hurt morale. Also Oscar said on Friday he was expecting a busy day but we get one in. Just talk from him or was he expecting more from burke.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I agree. I can see the sense in the Barnes sale and we got decent money for Bridcutt, so we didn't do too badly there. But we just haven't added enough goal threat to score enough goals in the 2nd half of the season.

Rodriguez may turn out to be a good signing, but by the time he, CMS & Hoskins are up to speed I think it will be too late.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think we could have sorted out all the problems in the transfer window and maybe we have players whos future is uncertain here.

Out of the back five Upson, Ward, Bruno & Kuz's contracts are up in the summer, along with Lopez, Andrews, and Orlandi's. Should Greer just be a backup CB next season and will Ulloa still be here?

Even if we fluked promotion this season the only player, listed above, who could step up to the fitness and strength of the Prem would be Kuz.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I agree. I can see the sense in the Barnes sale and we got decent money for Bridcutt, so we didn't do too badly there. But we just haven't added enough goal threat to score enough goals in the 2nd half of the season.

Rodriguez may turn out to be a good signing, but by the time he, CMS & Hoskins are up to speed I think it will be too late.

If players like Bridders and Barnes didn't want to be here then cash in. I don't have any problems with that. Not to replace them is simply criminal. People saying there's always the loan market but we already have 3 players on loan. We don't need to be patching up the team with more loans.

I'm not going to lie but i'm still deflated after the window. I'm more hurt about that than losing today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here