Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Fulham red card

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He led with his elbow a second time later in the game as well, but made little contact.
You’re right. Can’t remember who it was though. The commentators picked up on this.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Was never gonna be given. Would have been bad for Newcastle if Fulham had player sent off.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Literally summed that ref up right on 90 their bloke kicked the ball away he reached for card to book him then realised he’d already been booked so didn’t bother - utterly shite and spineless and thick - fell for every one of their tricks Silva told them to do at half time. disrupt the flow of the game as we’re getting battered was 100% the thinking.

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
Intent is irrelevant. It was dangerous play, he led with his elbow straight into Gross’ head. It’s a straight red. It’s this simple.
Dangerous play itself is not a sending off offence it is a booking. This was serious foul play/violent conduct and he should have been sent off.Refs report could not read Dangerous play however but the infringement needed to be one punishable by dismissal which dangerous play isn’t so do your research and understand the laws or you will be a laughing stock

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
It sure
Dangerous play itself is not a sending off offence it is a booking. This was serious foul play/violent conduct and he should have been sent off.Refs report could not read Dangerous play however but the infringement needed to be one punishable by dismissal which dangerous play isn’t so do your research and understand the laws or you will be a laughing stock
Not sure you are right there. Bissouma was sent off catching an opponent doing an overhead kick which was deemed to be dangerous.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
VAR is a hopeless mess. It was better before when we thought on-field refs got stuff wrong because it’s bloody difficult to get everything correct at first look. Now they’re watching things 20 times and still can’t make simple decisions. I thought VAR would be great. Totally wrong. Ruining football.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The way VAR has been operated recently, I can only think they checked the tackle and failed to see the elbow as I cannot understand how he wasn’t sent off.
VAR were probably too busy drawing lines and looking for an offside

Alwaysblue

Jul 19, 2018
VAR is a hopeless mess. It was better before when we thought on-field refs got stuff wrong because it’s bloody difficult to get everything correct at first look. Now they’re watching things 20 times and still can’t make simple decisions. I thought VAR would be great. Totally wrong. Ruining football.
You've literally prove your own point wrong about var being a hopeless mess, Var is fine it's the idiots using it that's the problem

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You've literally prove your own point wrong about var being a hopeless mess, Var is fine it's the idiots using it that's the problem
Well, someone has to use it - so I don’t really see your point. If the country’s ‘top’ refs can’t make it work, then there’s nothing to be gained from persevering with it.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The way VAR has been operated recently, I can only think they checked the tackle and failed to see the elbow as I cannot understand how he wasn’t sent off.
someone around me said.a Fulham supporting friend said var had checked it and concluded no foul

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I just looked up the laws and you are correct, “dangerous play” isn’t necessarily a red.

But serious foul play is, and I believe the elbow on Gross satisfies the conditions below.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here