Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No Fulham red card

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
I missed it in real time, but maybe it explains Pascal’s poor performance for the rest of the game

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Def elbow straight in Pascal face. I guess the officials question was, is there intent or accidental?
Intent is irrelevant. It was dangerous play, he led with his elbow straight into Gross’ head. It’s a straight red. It’s this simple.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Intent is irrelevant. It was dangerous play, he led with his elbow straight into Gross’ head. It’s a straight red. It’s this simple.
There was clearly intent as well though. Maybe not to strike him in the face, but intent nonetheless. I still can't get my head round how VAR missed it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There was clearly intent as well though. Maybe not to strike him in the face, but intent nonetheless. I still can't get my head round how VAR missed it.
Agree. I wasn’t suggesting there wasn’t intent, more pointing out that it doesn’t play a part in deciding the straight red.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wow. That is a blatant elbow.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The way VAR has been operated recently, I can only think they checked the tackle and failed to see the elbow as I cannot understand how he wasn’t sent off.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Excruciatingly awful performance from the ref. Lets not forget this the Spurs VAR official. Obviously the red which he didn't even give a free kick for but terrible terrible decisions for both sides throughout. A couple of very obvious fouls for Fulham were given our way and he simply couldn't decide whether to stop the game for an injury or not. One of the very very worst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here