Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No football through all of April

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I was reading all the posts of this thread with interest. I then reached the end of the thread and I then returned to the real world once again remembering that thousands are about to die.
Football really is of secondary importance.

seagull1970

Apr 7, 2019
If your kid has a life changing accident you don't 'scrap it' and have another baby.

That is without doubt the worst analogy I’ve ever read :facepalm:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was reading all the posts of this thread with interest. I then reached the end of the thread and I then returned to the real world once again remembering that thousands are about to die.

Football really is of secondary importance.

It is, very much so, but we need distractions.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The point is their contractural obligation to Sky/BT and the overseas rights holders because no football, no party, no pay day.

In breach of contract, rip them up and go again or worse, rip them up and renegotiate on a lower basis.

If the league ends after June 1st. the cut off date agreed by all parties before a ball was kicked, I don't see where there would be a breach of contract. I'll bet the TV companies have no intention of paying after that cut off date anyway, not if they can help it!

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The sooner they write this season off the better to allow people in the clubs and fans alike to concentrate on what's really important at this moment in time

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
At current bog roll black-market prices, that's about 5 sheets of single-ply.

Or ten sheets of school regulation tracing paper slippy sliddy shit roll

Attachments

• smrig3o.jpg
    smrig3o.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 83

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rubbish anouncement... creates more confusion. Propably means they could not agree.
Better to declare this season over, luckily no argument to giving Liverpool the title. I favour no Prem relegation with WBA and Leeds promoted and have 22 clubs next season...there are too many blank weekennds anyway.
As for the EFL? .....I don't know, I have not worked out their problems

1. How can you justify writing off Fulham, 6 points behind the top two, with both still to play, and almost a quarter of a season to play?

2. How do you justify automatically promoting Leeds / West Brom who are 6 points clear, but not relegating Norwich who are effectively 7 points adrift?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This might have been mentioned by others but, imo...

The Albion (or any other Premier League club) should not take direct debits for the 2020/21 season until the 2019/20 season has been completed (or, at least, until a timescale for 20/21 is confirmed).

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They are just delaying in small increments in the slim chance they can finish in the summer. They will have a date in their minds that means even with a summer extension the season cannot be completed. When that date is reached it will be declared null and void no champions, promotions or relegations and we start again

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Start the next season with teams on the same amount of points as they have now, cumulative points total.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think there’s a lot to be said for this type of approach if they can’t finish this season by 1 July. If the 2020/21 season starts late, it too can be extended to 1 July 2021 or, if the start is extremely delayed, made into a 19 game season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Subbuteo. Simple solution. Decide it with Subbuteo matches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here