Shopping at via this link helps to support NSC

[Albion] No football through all of April

Welcome to North Stand Chat - the biggest and best Brighton & Hove Albion fan site.

Go on - join - you know you want to! (Pssst: you'll get fewer ads too!)

atomised

Members
Mar 21, 2013
As I predicted in the other thread. Seemed pretty obvious though. Going to be a real challenge getting the season back on track

As I predicted in the other thread. Seemed pretty obvious though. Going to be a real challenge getting the season back on track

What is the point of even trying - there are so many more important things for people to be concerned about.

They need to get real and scrap the season - this delay is purely because of the money men - tv companies, owners, clubs, players and agents who will do everything possible to keep their wealth empire - sorry folks but the emperor has no clothes.

For the next 12-18 months there is zero prospect of football as we know it and the clubs need to admit that asap.

kevo

Members
Mar 8, 2008
What is the point of even trying - there are so many more important things for people to be concerned about.

They need to get real and scrap the season - this delay is purely because of the money men - tv companies, owners, clubs, players and agents who will do everything possible to keep their wealth empire - sorry folks but the emperor has no clothes.

For the next 12-18 months there is zero prospect of football as we know it and the clubs need to admit that asap.

Still think the idea of scrapping the entire 2020/21 season and finishing off this one (if possible) either in the summer or autumn or next spring is a good one.

Could just delay everything for a full year and recommence March 2021, exactly as we'd left it.

atomised

Members
Mar 21, 2013
They won't feel so clever when some out of the contract players walk away on July 1st.

I really dont see how this can work. I'm intrigued to see what comes out of the club as we are a week or so away from starting to pay for next seasons season ticket. Very strange times indeed

Hamilton

Members
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I could see the season extended until the end of the year and then early next year a club tournament before breaking until August for a new season proper to start. If by that time we have got a hold of this virus and that's a big if.

WATFORD zero

Members
Jul 10, 2003
Still think the idea of scrapping the entire 2020/21 season and finishing off this one (if possible) either in the summer or autumn or next spring is a good one.

Could just delay everything for a full year and recommence March 2021, exactly as we'd left it.

If it looks like this is going on much beyond Q3/Q4 2020 before they will let players and spectators go to games again then re-commencing this season in March 2021 makes sense. If they get to grips with it earlier, then just void this season and start 20/21 later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills