Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] No fence - good performance or not?

Did we play well or bad?

• Well

Votes: 236 77.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 70 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jimmy Grimble

Controlled the game for pretty much the whole night. Some very neat passages of build-up play that led to clear cut chances but the attackers have let us down again.

I’ve never known a season like it. Genuinely can’t get my head round how many chances we miss.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
same old, same old, same old, same old

when was the last time we actually battled to a result? (Arsenal at home last season?) Leeds and Newcastle away this season don't count as we were much the better team and took chances

SO frustrating, but that's us in a nutshell

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Mates it’s not!? I just want to know opinion as I genuinely thought we played well...!? Debate it mate don’t mock - we all have different opinions?!

We did play okay, not well, same old outcome, manager is to blame in my opinion no passion no desire just an also-ran he should go.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We were utterly awful second half, and any game you don't win against your peers is automatically not a game where you did well IMO

They've also drawn with Liverpool, Newcastle, Southampton and Spurs in the last month, so we're hardly alone in being unable to beat them.

D

Deleted member 2719

No - I don't think so. We were pretty crap then, and we knew we were pretty crap. Now, we're pretty good, and we know we're pretty good. But not getting the results.

That's the frustrating part. I can't remember an Albion team that has been so good and so poor at the same time.

So poor because we don't have a Cook, Napier, Ward, Zamora or Murray?

One piece of a jigsaw goes along way. Maupay has a massive amount of pressure on his shoulders.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Fulham have massively got away with it tonight. Their passing out of defence was atrocious, as bad as I’ve seen any side In the Prem. any half decent Prem side would’ve battered them by 4 or 5.

Are you saying that Leeds, the only team to score more than 3 against them, are the only half decent side?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Are you saying that Leeds, the only team to score more than 3 against them, are the only half decent side?

No, I’m talking specifically about their performance tonight. Previous results are irrelevant to the point I’m making.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No, I’m talking specifically about their performance tonight. Previous results are irrelevant to the point I’m making.

I think their performance would have been a lot better without opponents. Making them look this bad is a half decent thing to do.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We didn't win a must won game, so by definition that's a poor performance.

That is the biggest load of nonsense you’ll hear on here - imo - result does not always reflect football performance man! You can play ****ing well and lose (is at Man City) or play ok / well and win (us at villa) - us v Blackpool...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We played well and didn't win, again.

Should tell us something.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think their performance would have been a lot better without opponents. Making them look this bad is a half decent thing to do.

They made a large number of unforced errors trying to pass out from the back, under no pressure whatsoever. A better side would’ve dispatched the resulting chances.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If you got points for playing well, we'd have the season wrapped up now.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Controlled the game for pretty much the whole night. Some very neat passages of build-up play that led to clear cut chances but the attackers have let us down again.

I’ve never known a season like it. Genuinely can’t get my head round how many chances we miss.

It’s exactly my opinion buddy / and I think a lot of us. Point is we played well. But yes - finishing has let us down all season. I just don’t get the ‘we didn’t win so we’re shit brigade.

And if you don’t agree with my argument that’s fine guys - articulate it to me.. :shrug: I don’t agree with every opinion of [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] etc etc etc who I think are decent blokes - we can debate it fine - it’s cool - no need for mocking cos I happen to think we played well... debate it - it’s fine...!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That is the biggest load of nonsense you’ll hear on here - imo - result does not always reflect football performance man! You can play ****ing well and lose (is at Man City) or play ok / well and win (us at villa) - us v Blackpool...

You can also:

Play bad and win.
Play bad and lose.
Play well and draw.
Play bad and draw.

Just covering all the scenarios there.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Dominated, deserved to win again. Both teams defended well. Frustrating but this league is tough.

We’ve only lost to Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Leicester, Southampton, United, Spurs and Everton. Soundly beaten twice all season. Plenty of reasons to remain positive. I’m going to flounce off and let the doom mongers do their worst.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Should have made better substitutions - Tau for Trossard and Connolly for Maupay- MacAllister was doing great, no need to replace him with Propper

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here