Niki Mäenpää signs a 2 year deal

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This guy will be third choice and cheap I hope? On that showing no wonder Forest lost interest.

According to the Argus he is being considered as competition for Stockdale, which would put him at least as second choice (Ankergren appears to have settled into third choice), possibly even considered a potential first choice if they are serious about him providing competition.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You have to love NSC, people moan about lack of signings and then when we seem to be favourites to sign a player, apparently he's rubbish because Nottingham Forest have pulled out (according to their local paper because we can pay more but that's ignored) and because he made one mistake we shouldn't even be interested.

I know we had a bad season last year but can't people stop moaning for five minutes? Considering the club have notionally been interested in him for a year, I would really hope that one mistake wouldn't change our mind. That would be concerning.

I am the only one who has commented on the keeping in that clip so far, others may think he looks fabulous. I am expressing an opinion that in that clip he looks a bit useless. If you really believe that Forest can't compete with us on wages should they choose to, more fool you imo FFP or no FFP.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I am the only one who has commented on the keeping in that clip so far, others may think he looks fabulous. I am expressing an opinion that in that clip he looks a bit useless. If you really believe that Forest can't compete with us on wages should they choose to, more fool you imo FFP or no FFP.

Well the following was written in their local paper, "Now it seems Brighton are the more likely to move for the former VVV-Venlo shot stopper Mäenpää, with the Seagulls able to offer a better financial package than Forest, who continue to operate under the restrictions of an FFP transfer embargo."

I didn't say I believed it, just stating what it says in the paper.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The club can do no wrong as far as Finchley is concerned, which is fine.

That's complete rubbish. I've kept out of the debate this summer for exactly this. If you suggest in any way the club aren't incompetent, you're basically accused of saying they can do no wrong (or even more pathetically called a licker).

I used to think you were a sensible poster but, to be honest, you've become one of most boring posters on here just spending your time moaning about everything.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's complete rubbish. I've kept out of the debate this summer for exactly this. If you suggest in any way the club aren't incompetent, you're basically accused of saying they can do no wrong (or even more pathetically called a licker).

I used to think you were a sensible poster but, to be honest, you've become one of most boring posters on here just spending your time moaning about everything.

Is that as boring as defending everything, do you think?

Just in case you hadn't noticed pretty well all your posts are moans about moaners, hardly riveting reading.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Is that as boring as defending everything, do you think?

Except I don't do that. I've said that we had a poor season last year and there's a lot of work to do. However, this constant sniping at the club is unnecessary and is hardly productive.

Anyway, I've avoided this board so far all summer for this reason so am going to avoid saying anything in future. Apparently, you're not allowed to say anything that could be seen as supportive to the club. I apologise for breaking the rules.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Except I don't do that. I've said that we had a poor season last year and there's a lot of work to do. However, this constant sniping at the club is unnecessary and is hardly productive.

Anyway, I've avoided this board so far all summer for this reason so am going to avoid saying anything in future. Apparently, you're not allowed to say anything that could be seen as supportive to the club. I apologise for breaking the rules.

You post what you like and if you think the way the club has been run on the field since Poyet was fired is OK, that's fine. I think it's been a disaster and I won't apologise for having that opinion. If you don't like it, that's also fine,

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If you really believe that Forest can't compete with us on wages should they choose to, more fool you imo FFP or no FFP.

More fool everyone then Icy. In 2012/13 we spent about the same on wages. In 2013/14 they outspent us and nearly every other club in the division having a eye watering 165% wages to revenue turnover (except QPR obvs) but we still finished higher than them in the league. But currently as a result of that particular spending spree they are under a FFP embargo so are struggling to compete with anyone even the Albion even if they choose to. Even for 2nd choice goalkeepers.
see here ICY >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30479452
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notti...nnish-keeper/story-26665984-detail/story.html

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I REALLY don't want to appear a moaner, as I am excited that we a at least trying to bring players in-But his 'Compliation of saves' looks a bit average to rubbish.

There are a couple of really good saves in that video, as well as some great one on one keeping. However there are some saves that aren't even saves and are pretty much him just catching a ball.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
More fool everyone then Icy. In 2012/13 we spent about the same on wages. In 2013/14 they outspent us and nearly every other club in the division having a eye watering 165% wages to revenue turnover (except QPR obvs) but we still finished higher than them in the league. But currently as a result of that particular spending spree they are under a FFP embargo so are struggling to compete with anyone even the Albion even if they choose to. Even for 2nd choice goalkeepers.
see here ICY >> http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30479452
http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notti...nnish-keeper/story-26665984-detail/story.html

When are QPR supposed to pay their mahoosive £60 million fine? I expect FFP to unravel rapidly when the FA either back down or QPR threaten legal action. With the money they have behind them I expect Forest to find a suitable loophole in the meantime too.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
When are QPR supposed to pay their mahoosive £60 million fine? I expect FFP to unravel rapidly when the FA either back down or QPR threaten legal action. With the money they have behind them I expect Forest to find a suitable loophole in the meantime too.

What does FFP have to do with the FA?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
With the money they have behind them I expect Forest to find a suitable FFP loophole in the meantime too.

Yes. In time to sign this GK ?. Probably not.

If you really believe that Forest can't compete with us on wages should they choose to, more fool you imo FFP or no FFP.

This morning in the Nottingham Post.
"the Seagulls [are] able to offer a better financial package than Forest, who continue to operate under the restrictions of an FFP transfer embargo.

ICY. In your view are the Nottingham Post fools then ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports