WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The minute I saw that he let in an absolute howler for Finland I knew he would be bound for Brighton.
Well even the highly rated Kuszczak let in a howler vs Birmingham, which coupled with Ankers' howler vs Forest the same season, cost us promotion.

So he fits the requirements :lolol:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If those are his actual best moments, he must be shit. Jesus. The one they replayed in slow-mo quite clearly came straight back off the post..

What is the point in watching these 'Highlight' videos? Pointless. You can make any player look as good or as sh*t via the editing. I am sure there is a Kemy Agustein video somewhere making him look like a superstar.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What is the point in watching these 'Highlight' videos? Pointless. You can make any player look as good or as sh*t via the editing. I am sure there is a Kemy Agustein video somewhere making him look like a superstar.

Talking of which, superstar Kemy will (probably) be playing in a World Cup qualifier tonight, for Curacao against Cuba.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Our interest is on hold until we get a new goalkeeping coach so he will probably sign for someone else now.

Not in the least bit bothered tbh, we have much more important issues to resolve

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not worried about us taking our time on this one, as if it all goes wrong we just don't send Walton out on loan.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If we have been interested in him for at least a year, why is our interest now on hold until we get a new gk coach in?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Argus says we are trying to get Ben Roberts as GK coach,just a silly thought could he double up on the bench if needed as Dave Beasant does. How often is the sub keeper called upon, not very and it wouod only be to finish 1 game then get an emergency loan keeper in if DS out for some games.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Argus says we are trying to get Ben Roberts as GK coach,just a silly thought could he double up on the bench if needed as Dave Beasant does. How often is the sub keeper called upon, not very and it wouod only be to finish 1 game then get an emergency loan keeper in if DS out for some games.

He's been retired for 10 years due to a serious back injury and has played one game since when he came on for Yeovil at half time. You are right it is a very silly thought.

If we are serious about a) getting Walton out on loan and b) getting back up the table then we need two decent keepers vying for the starting spot. Competition for places in a squad should be a good thing and drive players to perform better knowing there is someone breathing down their necks to take their shirt if they under perform.

This is the last season emergency loans are allowed as well so we may as well start getting ahead of the game and try not to use them anymore.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
South London Press tweeting that they heard a rumour that Roberts could be leaving Charlton.
Promising and a popular appointment I suspect if he comes. Might reinforce Jones' position too ?

Maybe Roberts has been sounded out and has suggested the name of a keeper he would recommend bringing in

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
South London Press tweeting that they heard a rumour that Roberts could be leaving Charlton.
Promising and a popular appointment I suspect if he comes. Might reinforce Jones' position too ?

Maybe Roberts has been sounded out and has suggested the name of a keeper he would recommend bringing in

does look like he is on the move to us + this might mean we can now sign the Finn

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see the point in signing a competitor to DS unless CH isnt entirely happy with him. If he was he would just save money and sign a cover in case he was needed. This competetion improves performances theory doesnt wash with me. I believe that you have a man as first choice and if he fails bring in somebody else, especially with a GK.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I cannot see the point in signing a competitor to DS unless CH isnt entirely happy with him. If he was he would just save money and sign a cover in case he was needed. This competetion improves performances theory doesnt wash with me. I believe that you have a man as first choice and if he fails bring in somebody else, especially with a GK.

So he should be number one no matter how badly he plays ?

Jesus you spout more and more rubbish every time you post, first Ben Roberts as cover and now this

Competition does breed improvement it's a fact

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here