Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike strip next season?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This thread tempted me to start a 'favourite errea kit' thread. Having said that, I'll wait until nearer the end of the season. After all, we could still possibly draw Torquay United in the cup and need a third strip.

(Awaits someone to point out that Torquay have already been knocked out the cup...)

WHY WAIT? DO ITTTTTTtT.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
This thread tempted me to start a 'favourite errea kit' thread. Having said that, I'll wait until nearer the end of the season. After all, we could still possibly draw Torquay United in the cup and need a third strip.

(Awaits someone to point out that Torquay have already been knocked out the cup...)

The first shirt was the best. I'd say the last shirt at Withdean was our 2nd best.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
i seriously dont see how anybody can want adidas, especially if its gonna be generic stuff. the only 2 kits i have seen that havent looked woeful (and to be fair looked very nice, were marseille and ac milans kits last year)

they made cool kits in the 80s/early 90s, they REALLY don't anymore - look at west brom, stoke and southampton. Saints LOST their stripes for a template kit, and stokes and west broms have these weird horizontal block effect on them which looks shithouse and makes them look identical because of it

at least with nike you have the option of a completely standard blue and white stripes with no frills but a nike tick on it. why do you need any more shit on it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's just occurred to me.

Wasn't there a time, yonks ago, when the great and the good of NSC decided if we were a proper club, to be taken seriously, we needed to bin off tin pot shirt makes like Errea in favour of a big boy like...

Adidas and err let me think Nike.

Didn't we have a supply problem once?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's just occurred to me.

Wasn't there a time, yonks ago, when the great and the good of NSC decided if we were a proper club, to be taken seriously, we needed to bin off tin pot shirt makes like Errea in favour of a big boy like...

Adidas and err let me think Nike.

Didn't we have a supply problem once?

The supply problem was because they were not paid

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

1st home and away followed by 1st Amex home & away but got to get palookaville in there somehow :)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A generic kit, by definition, will never be exciting or make people go "I really want that" will it? why not go the whole hog and just buy a Huddersfield or Sheffield Wednesday kit?
Maybe I am as not as up on fashion and as trendy as you but I would much prefer unique and a bit crap to anything generic as it does not matter how good it is it will just be, for example, a Porto rip-off.
If you get unique kits you also allow yourself to get truly iconic kits in the future which you will not being generic.

But this season's 'unique' (ie uniquely horrible) kit is a complete Porto rip-off.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I accept the principle that a stock kit is more boring than a bespoke one, but with minimal photoshop jiggery-pokery, this is how a Porto-inspired BHAFC Nike kit could have looked...

mock bhafc nike.jpg

Sorry, but :drool:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I accept the principle that a stock kit is more boring than a bespoke one, but with minimal photoshop jiggery-pokery, this is how a Porto-inspired BHAFC Nike kit could have looked...

View attachment 49115

Sorry, but :drool:

That would be one of our best kits of all time. Would also sell SHITLOADS.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No it wouldn't. It has been done it is simply copying someone else. Terrible.

If we go Nike/Adidas/Puma we are pretty much nailed on to be having a kit that is "copying" someone elses kit.

But unique isn't always a good thing, this seasons home kit is a prime example of that.

Matter of opinion of course, I like it, partly because it is a departure from recent styles, and partly, becasue I just like it (number on the back excepting).

This thread tempted me to start a 'favourite errea kit' thread. Having said that, I'll wait until nearer the end of the season.

For me it was the kit we wore to the Millennium Stadium, I like the design, I like the font used for SKINT, and of course, there are the memories.

But this season's 'unique' (ie uniquely horrible) kit is a complete Porto rip-off.

apart from the fact Porto shirts are not made by Errea, and they look like this:
Capture.JPG

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Only if they are cheaper than the Porto version. Otherwise why not just buy the Porto one!?

Oh, that's the other thing with the big names, they seem to have stepped up the pricing, to match the European model perhaps? A Porto Nike shirt will set you back £55.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I'd have preferred staying with errea tbh. When was the last time any team had the same shirt as us with different badges on? Brighton is unique and I've enjoyed the fact that for 14 seasons our kit has been unique :shrug:

100% this! Better the devil you know than the one you don't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here