Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike strip next season?

theboybilly

Nike or Adidas would, in my opinion, do a better range of leisurewear than Errea seem able to provide. I think there'd be much, much more choice. They should be able provide an excellent home & away kit too.
If I had a vote though, It'd be Adidas.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
My cats vets sisters nephews best friends dad has an electrician whose neighbour knows someone within the club who knows what next season kit make is. Apparently it isn't Nike but is in-fact Hike! They're going to offer a free pair of socks with every ticket you buy.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not fussed who makes it...... long as looks nothing like that Hartlepool one in picture.

Expect if is Nike will be a shit template but hey we had best kit in the league pyramid last season and then probably bottom 3 this season (thank god palarse rock bottom with their monstrosity). If it look half decent I'll be happy and at least a template should be 'average'

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Even more reason not to buy it if Nike, dreadful company

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat Club Jnr have missed out this season with the intention of buying the new kit next year.

I wonder if others have done the same?
Knowing the current deal was in the last year, and the shirts were going to change.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Stat Club Jnr have missed out this season with the intention of buying the new kit next year.

I wonder if others have done the same?
Knowing the current deal was in the last year, and the shirts were going to change.

I normally purchase a shirt but skipped it this year because it was for one year only and because it's absolutely dreadful.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
My cats vets sisters nephews best friends dad has an electrician whose neighbour knows someone within the club who knows what next season kit make is. Apparently it isn't Nike but is in-fact Hike! They're going to offer a free pair of socks with every ticket you buy.

He only believes this because he was told it was a CONSPIRACY and THE MAN didn't want us to know. Open your eyes sheeple it's all there if you look.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I normally purchase a shirt but skipped it this year because it was for one year only and because it's absolutely dreadful.
Yes and that!!

I didn't think it looked that bad face to face, but the damage had already been done in the publicity photos.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd heard Gresham Blake was doing it?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yes. If I am going to pay £40 odd for something I want it to be unique and not just the same as a dozen others but with different badges or just with a slight change.
But unique isn't always a good thing, this seasons home kit is a prime example of that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A generic kit, by definition, will never be exciting or make people go "I really want that" will it? why not go the whole hog and just buy a Huddersfield or Sheffield Wednesday kit?
Maybe I am as not as up on fashion and as trendy as you but I would much prefer unique and a bit crap to anything generic as it does not matter how good it is it will just be, for example, a Porto rip-off.
If you get unique kits you also allow yourself to get truly iconic kits in the future which you will not being generic.

A football shirt doesn't need to be exciting, it just needs to be smart, that's what will be popular and will sell. I'm baffled by the notion that you would rather have a crap shirt, as long as no other team has a similar crap shirt?
I appreciate smaller manufacturers offer more unique designs but that is by no means a gaurantee of future classics.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I'd have preferred staying with errea tbh. When was the last time any team had the same shirt as us with different badges on? Brighton is unique and I've enjoyed the fact that for 14 seasons our kit has been unique :shrug:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This thread tempted me to start a 'favourite errea kit' thread. Having said that, I'll wait until nearer the end of the season. After all, we could still possibly draw Torquay United in the cup and need a third strip.

(Awaits someone to point out that Torquay have already been knocked out the cup...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here