Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Erskine is back....

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
You boys should bring him on a tour of the bars straight after the game, providing the little fella isn't too knackered/pissed(!), as I'm sure there are loads of people who'd like to say hello.

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
You boys should bring him on a tour of the bars straight after the game, providing the little fella isn't too knackered/pissed(!), as I'm sure there are loads of people who'd like to say hello.

Am going to be in the north stand bar after the game with the scrounging git for a swift half.

This

Is not a straightforward question, as you put it. It is clear that the OP and many others (including myself) know or remember Nigel for some infamous scenes from supporting the stripes over the years. Your first post was dismissive in the extreme and got the response it deserved.

My first post was a question, and if you think about it (a big ask I know) - if I was on a wind up or wanting to be "dismissive", simply answering the question would have put any of that to bed, wouldn't it.
I was asking it in English, so I suppose it was a bit challenging. :rolleyes:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Nice one, I will look out for him, be good to see the little shit at the Amex.

It would be great if a section of the crowd close by could strike up a chant of "There's only one Nigel Erskine". He's a top fella, a legendary fan, and deserves it!

Never met him but, Nigel is back, Nigel is back, from the N stand.

Oh come off it, as Chappers has said it's clear to anyone your post was not a straightforward question. It was dismissive and sneering and the only conclusion any sane person could make was that you were being an attention-seeking bell-end, otherwise why post it? You made a mistake but aren't man enough to admit it and apologise. instead you carry on with this ridiculous pantomime trying to paint anyone who dared give you the response you deserved as a moron who is being unreasonable. I've known you on here for long enough to know this is your MO, and usually ignore it these days, but you went beyond th pale this time. You might have convinced yourself that you're some kind of cognicenti sage who the rest of us plebs will never understand but the truth is you're a sad little man who needs to wind people up to get off. Tragic.

And where exactly was the abuse in my first response? I only got abusive when you carried on your whining.

The pantomime began in your tiny mind idiot. If you can see how (or WHY) I would be trying to make some strange point then you have an active imagination.
It turns out that although I had no idea who the name belonged to - I have had a couple of good conversations with the bloke now I've seen his photo.

Now I don't know if it's worth asking this because apparently everyone knows - but what was wrong with him that kept him away? This again, is a question and a normal response will suffice.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My first post was a question, and if you think about it (a big ask I know) - if I was on a wind up or wanting to be "dismissive", simply answering the question would have put any of that to bed, wouldn't it.
I was asking it in English, so I suppose it was a bit challenging. :rolleyes:

You really can't help yourself, can you ? There are plenty of other threads here where you can barge in, cock up, and then get indignant when you realise you have totally misunderstood what is going on.

Please go and find them

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It turns out that although I had no idea who the name belonged to - I have had a couple of good conversations with the bloke now I've seen his photo.

Now I don't know if it's worth asking this because apparently everyone knows - but what was wrong with him that kept him away? This again, is a question and a normal response will suffice.

His picture was on the thread 7 hours before your first post and the original post clearly states that he has had a stroke. Be best all round if you just stopped posting on this thread eh ?

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Good for whoever arranged the shout out for him today - hope he enjoyed his day!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
saw Nige being wheeled past the north before the game. Took my mind back to all the great fans that we have and over the years have dug in deep to save our club.

We have some blinding fans and the future of our club is in someway down to those fellas.

I fuckin love the ALBION!!! always have done always will!!!!

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
The little fellow had a blinding day today. Got in Dicks bar early so he got to see the mosaic. He couldn`t believe the noise the place made but we had to nip off straight after the game though he had a couple of beers back in Worthing. Woke up most of the residents when he got back with his Seagull chants through the home and then demanded that the nurses got him more beer. Some things never change I suppose.It was an emotional day really and he thoroughly enjoyed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here