[Albion] Nicolás González

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I personally believe it’s already a done deal. We’ve clearly been chasing this kid for a while. He’s already flown over for talks during lockdown. We’ve gone back in with a bid, which multiple good sources confirm.

For those who say “we never hear about transfers before they’re announced”.

That’s not always been the case, especially recently. The Moises deal was all over Twitter before the club confirmed it. Ditto MacAllister and Lallana. And most recently Velasco (but that one isn’t confirmed yet). One negative, you would assume we may need to wait for Argentina to be knocked out of the Copa America before anything official is announced.

Or maybe the deal's been inked, he'll score the winner in the final and we'll sell him to Arsenal for £50million?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I personally believe it’s already a done deal. We’ve clearly been chasing this kid for a while. He’s already flown over for talks during lockdown. We’ve gone back in with a bid, which multiple good sources confirm.

For those who say “we never hear about transfers before they’re announced”.

That’s not always been the case, especially recently. The Moises deal was all over Twitter before the club confirmed it. Ditto MacAllister and Lallana. And most recently Velasco (but that one isn’t confirmed yet). One negative, you would assume we may need to wait for Argentina to be knocked out of the Copa America before anything official is announced.

I'm sorry but l completely disagree.

I'm just annoyed with myself for being taken in by all this. Tony Bloom is one ver canny individual, and he is famous for keeping moths in his wallet. In this economic climate particularly, he will not part with more than a penny unless he absolutely has to.

We all know how easy it is to start a transfer rumour, then before you know it everyone is saying that a deal is as good as done. The club has gone out of it's way to state that not much business will be done during this window, and if Danny Welbeck signs a new contract, then l think he will be looked on by the club, as being the new striker signing.

Maybe l'm wrong, but that's the way that l see it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club has gone out of it's way to state that not much business will be done during this window, and if Danny Welbeck signs a new contract, then l think he will be looked on by the club, as being the new striker signing.

Have they?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I expect the equivalent is true of any deal involving a player at the Euros as well.

Players can do medicals anywhere these days. Getting them done at a tournament might even be easier due to the facilities on hand. Only potential roadblock atm might be whether club officials can enter the relevant country due to Covid restrictions.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Players can do medicals anywhere these days. Getting them done at a tournament might even be easier due to the facilities on hand. Only potential roadblock atm might be whether club officials can enter the relevant country due to Covid restrictions.

I was thinking more in terms of players wanting to concentrate on the tournament, so not wanting to sign a deal or decide between options until after they're done. But Covid probably won't help either.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I'm sorry but l completely disagree.

I'm just annoyed with myself for being taken in by all this. Tony Bloom is one ver canny individual, and he is famous for keeping moths in his wallet. In this economic climate particularly, he will not part with more than a penny unless he absolutely has to.

We all know how easy it is to start a transfer rumour, then before you know it everyone is saying that a deal is as good as done. The club has gone out of it's way to state that not much business will be done during this window, and if Danny Welbeck signs a new contract, then l think he will be looked on by the club, as being the new striker signing.

The club obviously aren’t going to announce they’re to spend money or comment on how much business they’re doing.

Without even considering White or Biss, we have a lot of outgoings. So it makes sense we have a reasonable transfer pot. But anyway we can agree to disagree and wait to see what happens [emoji106]

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
The club obviously aren’t going to announce they’re to spend money or comment on how much business they’re doing.

Without even considering White or Biss, we have a lot of outgoings. So it makes sense we have a reasonable transfer pot. But anyway we can agree to disagree and wait to see what happens [emoji106]

Couldn’t agree with you more. Loads of potential outgoings, obvious big interest in some players that could generate additional funds. It’s obvious to all what we need and the idea that DW would be considered the new striker is comical. If he stays great, if not we have ANOTHER. Space to fill.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Why would a club conclude a deal with a player worth 25M when there is a possibility he may pick up a serious injury in an international tournament?
Would that be part of the deal, transfer is off if that happens?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Why would a club conclude a deal with a player worth 25M when there is a possibility he may pick up a serious injury in an international tournament?
Would that be part of the deal, transfer is off if that happens?

There is also a possiblity that anyone gets injured at any time but the club still needs to do business.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I actually think it’s a better move to buy a player before you sell.
We don’t know how much we’ll get for White but we’ve turned down £40 million allegedly.

If we had sold him first, other clubs would know how much money we had made and would push for more.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I actually think it’s a better move to buy a player before you sell.
We don’t know how much we’ll get for White but we’ve turned down £40 million allegedly.

If we had sold him first, other clubs would know how much money we had made and would push for more.

Honestly I don’t think this signing is linked to Ben White at all. We have plenty of other outgoings lined up already.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Honestly I don’t think this signing is linked to Ben White at all. We have plenty of other outgoings lined up already.

Complete guesswork unless you have connections with the three head honchos at the Albion. To quote Manuel “I know nothing” :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports