[Albion] Nicolás González

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep, if you blinked at the wrong time you would have completely missed him. Played many more games down the road for Worthing than he ever did for us. :)

Fair do's, is my timeline right though?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Indeed, not Uncle Tony's preferred way of doing business at all. The deal is probably dead in the water now, if it ever existed in the first place of course.

While that is most certainly true, its incredibly difficult to keep everyone quiet around transfers. Take Maupay for instance, rumours began more than two months before he signed. When clubs reach a point where a player is negotiating with a new club its nearly impossible to keep it quiet, because several hundred people are going to know: often relatives and teammates of the player, plenty of employees at each of the club, people who know the agent or works for the agency, insurance companies, witnesses seeing the player with club representatives... it just gets very difficult. When I worked as a writer on a (or rather, the) Swedish football site, we got 50-60 emails and calls every day hinting at transfers. Most often agents, but also the clubs who were selling the player, or friends of the player, taxi drivers... lots of people will be itk. Something like the Veltman transfer when there was zero talk at all (if I recall it correctly) nearly never happens.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just had a look at comments of the Stuttgart fans forum nearly all are praising his ability and all seem resigned to his leaving here’s an example via google translate

“ No one put Gonzalez above Haaland.

The two have a different stature, but both players are quite comparable in terms of explosiveness. Both embody an elementary ability in the modern shift game, one as a classic center forward, the other as a winger.

At the Copa you can see again that Gonzalez not only works in a top team, but can also set accents. You will also be able to throw Gonzalez in at Chelsea Liverpool or Real or and he will perform there. With teams that are more on possession of the ball like Man City, Bayern, Barca, he can also shine with his qualities in 1-1 and quick short runs.

There is ample and unmistakable potential, which is then also reflected in the market value. So it doesn't matter a bit that he only played 15 games for us last season, and most of them were good to very good.

If Gonzalez gets his horsepower halfway on the road, Brighton will remain a short stopover”

While another fan said

“ In my humble opinion, there is hardly a more attractive and livable city in England than Brighton.

Newcastle! ... or London.

It is true, however, that many English medium-sized towns are ugly and that Brighton naturally stands out positively as a "seaside resort"”

Many are ugly but that’s the result of your grandfather bombing them

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Can’t be bothered to read all the nonsense about how a current Argentina forward isn’t good enough for us. All I want to know is - has he SINGED yet?

I'd prefer to hear that he's signed not singed. Couldn't care how well he can sing, it's whether he can play football that matters.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Seriously WTF are you wittering on about?

I’m not the only one then - my eyes honestly gloss over SB’s mundane bolloxks these days :lol: Love the guy though of course.

Ask him if he had toast for breakfast and rather than a simple one word answer, you’d get a 3 paragraph essay talking about hamsters and sawdust or Vape juice and inhalers - and still wouldn’t be sure if he had toast or not by the end of it :lol:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I’m not the only one then - my eyes honestly gloss over SB’s mundane bolloxks these days :lol: Love the guy though of course.

Ask him if he had toast for breakfast and rather than a simple one word answer, you’d get a 3 paragraph essay talking about hamsters and sawdust or Vape juice and inhalers - and still wouldn’t be sure if he had toast or not by the end of it :lol:

There is plenty of space here for all sorts of incoherent ramblings, most of which I am happy to entertain and contribute to. I just wish people wouldn't spam transfer rumour threads.

The other one that really pisses me off is BHAFC linked with a player who isn't a centre forward and we have to listen to wade through 10 posts by some retard throwing a hissy fit, because they are the only Brighton fan who recognises that we really need to sign a goal scorer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

To save you the trouble of asking me, I only have toast if I have a hangover. I will not remember what I did or didn’t do to the smoking hamster. I am not Richard Gere, so probably nothing incriminating

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just had a look at comments of the Stuttgart fans forum nearly all are praising his ability and all seem resigned to his leaving here’s an example via google translate

“ No one put Gonzalez above Haaland.

The two have a different stature, but both players are quite comparable in terms of explosiveness. Both embody an elementary ability in the modern shift game, one as a classic center forward, the other as a winger.

At the Copa you can see again that Gonzalez not only works in a top team, but can also set accents. You will also be able to throw Gonzalez in at Chelsea Liverpool or Real or and he will perform there. With teams that are more on possession of the ball like Man City, Bayern, Barca, he can also shine with his qualities in 1-1 and quick short runs.

There is ample and unmistakable potential, which is then also reflected in the market value. So it doesn't matter a bit that he only played 15 games for us last season, and most of them were good to very good.

If Gonzalez gets his horsepower halfway on the road, Brighton will remain a short stopover”

While another fan said

“ In my humble opinion, there is hardly a more attractive and livable city in England than Brighton.

Newcastle! ... or London.

It is true, however, that many English medium-sized towns are ugly and that Brighton naturally stands out positively as a "seaside resort"”

Many are ugly but that’s the result of your grandfather bombing them

So what's Milton Keynes and Crawley's excuse ?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Shite? He remains the best player in the world. No doubt whatsoever. If you like stats, look at them. If you like football, look at him. It all points in the same direction.

Hardly. He repeatedly kicked the shit out of the English top 6 however.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ational-record-vs-the-premier-league-big-six/

If he'd done the business in multiple leagues then i might agree with you. Never shown up at the World Cup either. Ronaldo has done more tbh.

He's not even the best player Argentina have produced!

It's not the top 6 he'd have to worry about btw, it's the journeyman center halves and the hardman enforcers that would kick the shit out of him...just so they can say they have! He'd get nowhere near the protection he gets in Spain.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
If he'd done the business in multiple leagues then i might agree with you. Never shown up at the World Cup either. Ronaldo has done more tbh.

It's not the top 6 he'd have to worry about btw, it's the journeyman center halves and the hardman enforcers that would kick the shit out of him...just so they can say they have! He'd get nowhere near the protection he gets in Spain.

Did the last paragraph fall through a hole in time from 1986? You can barely breath on opposition forwards now, never mind kick the shit out of them.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Did the last paragraph fall through a hole in time from 1986? You can barely breath on opposition forwards now, never mind kick the shit out of them.

Who rattled your cage?? We live in a world of opinions. I have mine, you have yours.

Wind your neck in and move on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Which ever way we slice it, he is an upgrade on Maupay.

Gonzalez averaged 0.77 goals or assists per 90 this season. Maupay averaged 0.36 this season and 0.42 the season before.

Edit: In the interests of fairness, Welbeck averaged 0.41 this season

Agreed. I also suspect a front 3 of Welbeck-Gonzalez-Trossard could become common place if we sign the lad. He seems to have an alround game that is at least the equal of Neal's.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Not a hint of sarcasm in sight here [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports