[Albion] Nicolás González

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leeds were linked with him last season. After different targets this summer. I watch loads of football and there are plenty bargains to be had out there.

It is likely that Leeds and Brighton will be linked with the same players. This is, of course, mostly utter rubbish (Although it may be The Athletic in this case so plausible). The only reason why they are both linked is because they are in the same market bracket. That's how lazy desk journalism works.

'Leeds have made enquiries about x. Brighton, Crystal Place, West Ham, Southampton (delete as appropriate) are also interested'

Most of the time no such enquiries have been made in the first place.

A number of years ago I started a false rumour in Twitter about a player that was plausible Brighton might like. Just to see how far it went. It reached the papers and the pretend ITK Twitter accounts within four days.

Only stopped when 'Naylor said no'.

The secret is always to find out the Q source.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Would be a great signing. If he's rough round the edges, I'm sure we'll coach him and perfect him, just look at Welbeck after a poor season with Watford and with Bissouma being coached. Gonzalez looks excellent.

and ben white is in the england squad after just one season of potterization!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m having a summer off from the Albion, so ignore these rumour threads.

But the reliable Guardian are now reporting this as close to completion.

Exciting if it comes off, TB comes up with the goods.

Pace to burn, brilliant dribbler, goals with either foot.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Two big words there. We have no idea what the plans of TB, DA and GP are.
As to your question, again no idea if we'll be signing a more conventional CF. [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] will say that he used McBurnie at Swansea, and sometimes(?) a big man at Ostersunds. He doesn't seem too concerned with a 'Murray type' since he's been at Brighton because:
-- he's had four windows to sign one, and is yet to do so (unless you count Zeqiri as one)
-- he had the opportunity to play Murray for the past two seasons, and didn't last one, and only used him sporadically the one before, rarely starting him

Yup. Every season from when he came to Östersund he always had at least one and usually more 190+ cm strikers. Funny enough they were rarely the top scorers but they made it a lot easier for attacking midfielders to score 20+ goals.

If a strong, tall striker with PL level technique turns up I'm sure it would be interesting, problem is that every other club would feel the same way.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lionel Messi?

(Although he's a bit shite now, so Lionel Messi and a time machine)

Shite? He remains the best player in the world. No doubt whatsoever. If you like stats, look at them. If you like football, look at him. It all points in the same direction.

Nah. He'd get the shit kicked out of him in the Prem. Besides, I don't think he'd leave his La Liga comfort zone....except when he's ready to join the MLS for a lorry load of cash that is.

Hardly. He repeatedly kicked the shit out of the English top 6 however.

https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...ational-record-vs-the-premier-league-big-six/

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Yup. Every season from when he came to Östersund he always had at least one and usually more 190+ cm strikers. Funny enough they were rarely the top scorers but they made it a lot easier for attacking midfielders to score 20+ goals.

If a strong, tall striker with PL level technique turns up I'm sure it would be interesting, problem is that every other club would feel the same way.

What that in English ? Feet and inches please old chap.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Nico G - direct pacey and can finish. Can take penos after Pascal misses one.

BDB - great attitude and decent player.

Can someone explain why defenders can win almost every defensive header but have a lower rate on attacking headers?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shite? He remains the best player in the world. No doubt whatsoever. If you like stats, look at them. If you like football, look at him. It all points in the same direction.

It's just my luck to get followed around here by a simpleton.

I support the Albion.
Pretty much everyone here supports the Albion, except you.
I've supported the Albion for well over 40 years.
The demographic suggests most here have supported the Albion for well over 40 years

In my time supporting the Albion, here's just a few of the 'highlights' I (we) have seen:-
(Highlights has ' ' around it because they are not, that's me being sarcastic - a pattern you really should have picked up on by now, but more of that later)

A striker score all his goals on his debut.
A moonwalker.
Mike Trusson.
A DJ trying his luck at that there football ting - not once but inexplicably TWICE.
An absolutely offensive lunatic who's goal was celebrated at the AMEX.
Raphael Meade.
One of our actual highlights cost a set of tracksuits.
We've cheered on Labradors, poodles, pitbulls but mostly tired terriers.
We've seen The Best and he wasn't.
We've had care workers (niche not many will know that) relatives of good players, we even had Kemy.

Being me is a horrifically low point in evolution, I have no idea where that puts you.
But you carry on stalking me here if that's what you need to get through your day, it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others here.

But there must be a tiny corner of you brain left that isn't completely bunged up with mozzarella, saying:-

He can't mean Lionel Messi is shite.

For the love of God listen to that voice.

Because in a small off shoot discussion centred around 'not good enough - what more do you people want'.

Anyone who has Bryan waded through the 7 circles of hell that has been Brighton's attacking players for 35 of of his 40+ years calling Messi shite is most definitely being SARCASTIC.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thanks for that. He is exactly what we’ve been looking for. Not sure where the winger thing comes in from other posters. He looks central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good but I hope won’t be taking penalties, not a fan of the stop/start run up

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Thanks for that. He is exactly what we’ve been looking for. Not sure where the winger thing comes in from other posters. He looks central.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda reminds me of the Ali J & Locardia highlights…

25 million, says to be transfer hijacked by another club, and if it’s not then there’s a reason….

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Because in a small off shoot discussion centred around 'not good enough - what more do you people want'.

Anyone who has Bryan waded through the 7 circles of hell that has been Brighton's attacking players for 35 of of his 40+ years calling Messi shite is most definitely being SARCASTIC.

And this week’s winner of NSC is…:albion2:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's just my luck to get followed around here by a simpleton.

I support the Albion.
Pretty much everyone here supports the Albion, except you.
I've supported the Albion for well over 40 years.
The demographic suggests most here have supported the Albion for well over 40 years

In my time supporting the Albion, here's just a few of the 'highlights' I (we) have seen:-
(Highlights has ' ' around it because they are not, that's me being sarcastic - a pattern you really should have picked up on by now, but more of that later)

A striker score all his goals on his debut.
A moonwalker.
Mike Trusson.
A DJ trying his luck at that there football ting - not once but inexplicably TWICE.
An absolutely offensive lunatic who's goal was celebrated at the AMEX.
Raphael Meade.
One of our actual highlights cost a set of tracksuits.
We've cheered on Labradors, poodles, pitbulls but mostly tired terriers.
We've seen The Best and he wasn't.
We've had care workers (niche not many will know that) relatives of good players, we even had Kemy.

Being me is a horrifically low point in evolution, I have no idea where that puts you.
But you carry on stalking me here if that's what you need to get through your day, it doesn't bother me as much as it bothers others here.

But there must be a tiny corner of you brain left that isn't completely bunged up with mozzarella, saying:-

Too tall.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
They always look good in their videos.
Hmm , I can imagine Neal Maupay looking at this guy and asking, “what’s he got that I haven’t “ ?
The Bundesleague is decent but not as highly rated as our Prem. he scored, I think 6 in 15 appearances. I understand we are not going to sign world beaters but I would not see him as the Messiah .
Still, as GP would say , it would give us options.... :shrug::shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports