Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Isn't everybody's hit and miss? Before signing for us Trossard, Webster, Maupay, Bissouma, Ryan, Gross, Mac Allister, Veltman, Moder and Propper didn't have Premier League experience. Yes, we've had some poor signings but I'd say our recruitment is improving every season.

and the more our team is more attractive to play for, the better the recruitment team gets :)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Genuinely very surprised by some of the comments on this thread today. This chap has scored twice and has one assist in 3 World Cup qualifiers for Argentina, playing up front alongside Lionel Messi....

I mean, seriously, what more do some of you good folk want???

Lionel Messi?

(Although he's a bit shite now, so Lionel Messi and a time machine)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Genuinely very surprised by some of the comments on this thread today. This chap has scored twice and has one assist in 3 World Cup qualifiers for Argentina, playing up front alongside Lionel Messi....

I mean, seriously, what more do some of you good folk want???

Why are we ****in' around with the fella that plays alongside Lionel Messi when for a few (OK, maybe quite a lot) million more ..................................

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Exactly. Speed is the prized physical quality in today's game.

Thierry Henry wasn’t a very good finisher when he joined Arsenal as a winger with pace. He turned into a world class striker. It can be coached.

Plus pace up front gives our midfield more space to create.

That’s why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So, bear with me here.

If we do sing Speedy Gonzalez, is he the kind of striker we need?
I’m not disputing that he looks good and will be a good addition to the squad, I’m more interested in the fact we have agreed a club record ( reportedly) for a player who isn’t exactly what we need. If we do , in fact need a Murray type replacement, why splurge £20 million plus sizeable wages on a player who looks like a smallish upgrade on what we have, Trossard, MacAllister, and why do it so early in the window?

Unless, of course Uncle Tony is really going for top ten next season, and we have another incoming striker of the Murray kind in the pipeline.

I have had a feeling that we are going for it in a big way this window, and this could be just the start.

Alan Velasco next?

i am over-excited. i tink uncle tony is thinking this transfer window is the time to "invest", and that's why he's gone bold as brass, top 10 :D

i could easy be wrong :nono:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
i am over-excited. i tink uncle tony is thinking this transfer window is the time to "invest", and that's why he's gone bold as brass, top 10 :D

i could easy be wrong :nono:
In terms of value for money it probably is. European clubs are broke and having to sell. Typical Tony to take advantage if he thinks value is over indexing.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Good luck with trying to buy isak for £25m without bigger clubs getting there first. Patson daka and Edouard are also going for under £20m,. When clubs like Liverpool and Leicester are interested we don’t stand a chance.

Ah just noticed you are a dirty Leeds fan, what do you care if there are better players out there for us at £25m. Is it because Leeds were hoping to buy him?
Leeds were linked with him last season. After different targets this summer. I watch loads of football and there are plenty bargains to be had out there.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Leeds were linked with him last season. After different targets this summer. I watch loads of football and there are plenty bargains to be had out there.

Yes, I’m sure Tony Bloom, Dam Ashworth and our entire recruitment team are aware of that. They have an incredible track record of signing young talent.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Do you still think Brighton made a mistake not selling Ben White to you for £25m? I’m sure you and another Leeds fan on here were making that claim earlier in the season.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London

What pleasure do you gain by going on another forum and saying “he’s not very good, you shouldn’t be buying him. We tried to buy him last season.” Slight mixed messages.

Grow up. There are better ways to spend your time. Read a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Nah. He'd get the shit kicked out of him in the Prem. Besides, I don't think he'd leave his La Liga comfort zone....except when he's ready to join the MLS for a lorry load of cash that is.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This type of uninformed view gets shared by far too many people who don't check the facts.
Dan Burn wins more headers than any other player we have.

BDB is an absolute legend. Forget Gross, Biss and White.

Big Dan Burn is where it is!

View attachment 137742

The impression I have of BDB is that he is good in the air in our box, but rarely competes well in the opposition box. I'm sorry if my impression is wrong (or perhaps not) but that's football. Btw do your well informed stats tell you how many headed goals he has scored for the Albion? He's one of the biggest players in the league, is always up there for set pieces, how effective is he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here