Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Welbeck is 6ft 1, Zeqiri is 6ft 1, Gonzalez is 5ft 11.

I really don't think it matters all that much, neither Liverpool or Man City have regularly played with a notably tall striker over the last few years and have still scored plenty. For that matter, I remember reading an article last season (edit - one of the previous seasons when they either won the league or were a win away) about the number of goals Liverpool scored from crosses against teams sitting deep against them despite fielding a front line of tichy types.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
It’s the “Murray replacement” / 15 goal a season a case of putting all our eggs in one basket.

We need to covert more chances and it doesn’t matter where they come from. If we have a stronger forward line of 3 with 8-10 each this also does the job.

@ me if we are in the same boat in 6 months but with an XG of 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
In this team, a 27 year old Murray, in his prime would score a hat load of goals. I even think that against some of those sides( Sheffield United, and WBA stand out) this season that we have battered and struggled to score against a 37 year old Murray could have made a difference. The fact we played the whole game in their half, most of the time in the last third Murray’s lack of any speed or mobility wouldn’t have mattered as much. As long as he could get in the box and then stay onside, with his eye for goal I think he would score.
I’m obviously not saying bring him out of retirement, but a similar player would give us a plan b.

100% this. The Sheff Utd games in particular were crying out for a Murray type. They could only have that gameplan because they knew we didn’t have a target man option.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
4 strikers next season :

Gonzalez, Maupay, Welbeck / Zeqiri, Andone.

A lot depends on what happens with Andone...?

Connolly to go out on loan, and we have to wonder if there is any further chance for 22 year old Jan Mlakar. Gyökeres will surely move on. Longman may be off as well with championship clubs ( incl. Forest ) sniffing around.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Doesnt seem to matter how tall a player is. Burn is 6,7 and dont think I have seen him outjump a defender when we have a corner.
This conversation has come a long and misguided way from me replying to a post pleading for a big centre forward type Murray replacement by pointing out that our system had provided our midget (ie non Murray-like, not banging in headers from crosses) forwards with plenty of opportunities against bus-parking teams that they just didn't take!

Never mind, carry on - I know how tall BDB is - and Welbeck and Zeqiri ........ and Dunk and Webster .............!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Any update from this mornings Guardian / Naylor / Argus stuff apart from that tweet Vega posted?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Doesnt seem to matter how tall a player is. Burn is 6,7 and dont think I have seen him outjump a defender when we have a corner.

Here you go,

burn header liverpool.jpg.gallery.jpg

Now you have.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Personally this signing leaves me feeling flat. Yes it’s good to sign someone with potential but it’s another player who doesn’t know the premier league and frankly is a gamble. Our success ratio on that has been hit and miss.

cheesus,aguero will never sign for us.

tough crowd tonight

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Burn is 6' 7" and he can jump 5' 8" (total). He actually has a negative jump height.

This type of uninformed view gets shared by far too many people who don't check the facts.
Dan Burn wins more headers than any other player we have.

BDB is an absolute legend. Forget Gross, Biss and White.

Big Dan Burn is where it is!

Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 21.10.33.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any update from this mornings Guardian / Naylor / Argus stuff apart from that tweet Vega posted?
No.

Owen says that Nico could be the first summer signing.

I hope we don't have to wait until the Copa America is over on July 11th.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Long day at work, settle down in front of the tv to watch a bit of football and dip into NSC to read up on the Gonzalez rumour mill…
Opens thread to see it has descended into a debate about the merits of Dan Burn’s height.

Classic NSC.

Oh well, NewsNow it is then!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Genuinely very surprised by some of the comments on this thread today. This chap has scored twice and has one assist in 3 World Cup qualifiers for Argentina, playing up front alongside Lionel Messi....

I mean, seriously, what more do some of you good folk want???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here