[Albion] Nicolás González

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
It's not just Andy and Brian. Apart from on here and a (surprisingly small) number of tweets, this doesn't seem to be being reported anywhere. Very odd...

its rather baffling - even the WAB twitter account (who would normally be all over this sort of thing) seems to be asleep at the wheel (unless i have missed it). I mean i know its a bank holiday but.....

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Brian Owen is very good at speaking to journalists from other countries to get info - I think he speaks Spanish.

Naylor just gets his info from the club.

Owen tweeted that he was off for a few days now that Adam Stenning has returned. I assume he must have been on furlough.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
its rather baffling - even the WAB twitter account (who would normally be all over this sort of thing) seems to be asleep at the wheel (unless i have missed it). I mean i know its a bank holiday but.....

I imagine they're in the pub.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Probably not quite done yet and Brighton have briefed them local journalists not to tweet , but then again Ale hasn’t removed his Instagram.

Can’t believe this close to the start of a season that Stuttgart are letting their players pop over
To the U.K.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
He's no Darwin Nunez but (I'm going to start every sentence like this from now on) if he can link-up and bring out the best in Mac Allister (on and off the pitch) I'm all for signing him up.

Although, he was ruled out by Naylor about two weeks ago, but who knows...
[tweet]1296053349704437760[/tweet]
He looks fast, can play on the left wing, and is actually left footed.
And told Stuttgart a month ago he wanted to leave.

Maybe he's going to Leeds to play Champions League football next season??!

I still want the 6'2" NUNEZ & a decent LWB though. That would be gdlk.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He's no Darwin Nunez but (I'm going to start every sentence like this from now on) if he can link-up and bring out the best in Mac Allister (on and off the pitch) I'm all for signing him up.

Although, he was ruled out by Naylor about two weeks ago, but who knows...
[tweet]1296053349704437760[/tweet]
He looks fast, can play on the left wing, and is actually left footed.
And told Stuttgart a month ago he wanted to leave.

Maybe he's going to Leeds to play Champions League football next season??!

I still want the 6'2" NUNEZ & a decent LWB though. That would be gdlk.

For all you know, this guy could be your left wing back. ???

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The Stuttgarter Nachrichten take on MacAllisterGate. Or maybe they've been reading this board? :cool: Basic translation below.

https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten...ton.456b6b0d-79fe-46d8-abe3-c70d61643c1b.html

VfB Stuttgart striker shows up in Brighton

VfB striker Nicolas Gonzalez is heating up the rumour mill with a visit from his old teammate Alexis Mac Allister in Brighton. Will Gonzalez's Premier League dream come true?

Football fans in this country have known since the steak affair of former Bayern player Franck Ribéry that football players sometimes do things in their free time that are less than imaginable in life of normal consumer.

Stuttgart trainer Pellegrino Matarazzo gave his professionals two days off after the training camp in Kitzbühel on late Saturday evening. The next session is scheduled for Tuesday. In between, every player can plan their free time according to their wishes.

A photo creates a stir

In any case, Stuttgart striker Nicolas Gonzalez, who had already submitted his will to change a few weeks ago at the VfB Stuttgart office, does not believe in putting his legs up on the sofa at home during the two days off. Presumably by charter plane, the Argentinean traveled to Brighton for a short trip. This is evidenced by the fact that a little later a photo appeared on social media showing him in the living room of his former teammate from the Argentinos Juniors and Compatriots, in the living room of Alexis Mac Allister.
A cup of tea in the south of England?

Mac Allister, the Argentine with the British name, is currently under contract with the southern English Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion, where he has so far made nine short appearances in midfield. Since the photo was published, fan circles have been puzzling over what the Gonzalez trip to the island is all about. "In Corona times with all its entry restrictions, nobody will travel from Germany to Brighton for just a cup of tea," writes a Brighton supporter.

And in fact Nicolas Gonzalez is heating up speculation about himself with his trip to England, with which he expressly does not violate the applicable Corona rules for Bundesliga professionals (Brighton is not a risk area). It is clear that the 22-year-old would like to leave VfB. But it is also clear that the attacker must present a club that is willing to pay at least 20 million euros in transfer fees. Because the striker's contract in Stuttgart runs until 2023.

VfB has not received an offer

However, VfB has not received an official offer or even an inquiry from Brighton. So does Nicolas Gonzalez only want to make himself available in the English market - or is there more to a possible flirtation with Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club?

On Tuesday, Nicolas Gonzalez will be back on the training ground in Bad Cannstatt. Then it will clearer where the sporting journey of the Argentine is going. The transfer market will stay open until October 5th. It is quite possible that the weeks will be exciting for Nicolas Gonzalez.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
For all you know, this guy could be your left wing back. ???

Funny you should say that.
I looked on various stat sites.
This one had him playing in "defensive midfield left" with his highest rating. Apparently he can score goals from there...

But defensively shite.

Generally he seems to be fast, good at dribbling, and surprisingly good in the air.
His passing seems average at best.

Screenshot (221).png

Source

Doesn't seem like a Potter player. But maybe him and Mac Allister have a great understanding? Who knows.

Or maybe he's Leeds thru and thru and that's why he was here.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The Stuttgarter Nachrichten take on MacAllisterGate. Or maybe they've been reading this board? :cool: Basic translation below.

https://www.stuttgarter-nachrichten...ton.456b6b0d-79fe-46d8-abe3-c70d61643c1b.html

VfB Stuttgart striker shows up in Brighton

VfB striker Nicolas Gonzalez is heating up the rumour mill with a visit from his old teammate Alexis Mac Allister in Brighton. Will Gonzalez's Premier League dream come true?

Football fans in this country have known since the steak affair of former Bayern player Franck Ribéry that football players sometimes do things in their free time that are less than imaginable in life of normal consumer.

Stuttgart trainer Pellegrino Matarazzo gave his professionals two days off after the training camp in Kitzbühel on late Saturday evening. The next session is scheduled for Tuesday. In between, every player can plan their free time according to their wishes.

A photo creates a stir

In any case, Stuttgart striker Nicolas Gonzalez, who had already submitted his will to change a few weeks ago at the VfB Stuttgart office, does not believe in putting his legs up on the sofa at home during the two days off. Presumably by charter plane, the Argentinean traveled to Brighton for a short trip. This is evidenced by the fact that a little later a photo appeared on social media showing him in the living room of his former teammate from the Argentinos Juniors and Compatriots, in the living room of Alexis Mac Allister.
A cup of tea in the south of England?

Mac Allister, the Argentine with the British name, is currently under contract with the southern English Premier League club Brighton & Hove Albion, where he has so far made nine short appearances in midfield. Since the photo was published, fan circles have been puzzling over what the Gonzalez trip to the island is all about. "In Corona times with all its entry restrictions, nobody will travel from Germany to Brighton for just a cup of tea," writes a Brighton supporter.

And in fact Nicolas Gonzalez is heating up speculation about himself with his trip to England, with which he expressly does not violate the applicable Corona rules for Bundesliga professionals (Brighton is not a risk area). It is clear that the 22-year-old would like to leave VfB. But it is also clear that the attacker must present a club that is willing to pay at least 20 million euros in transfer fees. Because the striker's contract in Stuttgart runs until 2023.

VfB has not received an offer

However, VfB has not received an official offer or even an inquiry from Brighton. So does Nicolas Gonzalez only want to make himself available in the English market - or is there more to a possible flirtation with Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club?

On Tuesday, Nicolas Gonzalez will be back on the training ground in Bad Cannstatt. Then it will clearer where the sporting journey of the Argentine is going. The transfer market will stay open until October 5th. It is quite possible that the weeks will be exciting for Nicolas Gonzalez.

Oh.. that’s a bit unencouraging. So we haven’t even bid for him?

What’s going on?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Oh.. that’s a bit unencouraging. So we haven’t even bid for him?

What’s going on?

People putting 2 and 2 together and making 7. Just because he was visiting someone in Brighton doesn’t ean he was in negotiations for a transfer.

Brighton is a nice place to visit.....

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
People putting 2 and 2 together and making 7. Just because he was visiting someone in Brighton doesn’t ean he was in negotiations for a transfer.

Brighton is a nice place to visit.....

so you think everyone here is in the wrong, and you believe he flew all this way to Brighton and potentially broke quarantine laws and club rules just to pop in and say hello to MacAllister?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
so you think everyone here is in the wrong, and you believe he flew all this way to Brighton and potentially broke quarantine laws and club rules just to pop in and say hello to MacAllister?
If he came from Germany he won't have broken a quarantine law.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If he came from Germany he won't have broken a quarantine law.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What about Bundesliga or FA/PL 'guidance' around COVID? Bubbles etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports