[Albion] Nicolás González

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
What about Bundesliga or FA/PL 'guidance' around COVID? Bubbles etc
Not sure about that, not sure what rules they have! I was just mentioning that Germany isn't on the 'list at present

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yoda

English & European

Someone didn't read a previous post.

And in fact Nicolas Gonzalez is heating up speculation about himself with his trip to England, with which he expressly does not violate the applicable Corona rules for Bundesliga professionals (Brighton is not a risk area). It is clear that the 22-year-old would like to leave VfB. But it is also clear that the attacker must present a club that is willing to pay at least 20 million euros in transfer fees. Because the striker's contract in Stuttgart runs until 2023.

And as far as I'm aware, there is no rule regarding PL Bubbles. Only same quarantine rules for every Tom, Dick & Harry returning from places like Spain etc.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Someone didn't read a previous post.

And as far as I'm aware, there is no rule regarding PL Bubbles. Only same quarantine rules for every Tom, Dick & Harry returning from places like Spain etc.

I read it - but I don't buy that a top flight professional club would be happy with their players jetting off to other countries a few days before a season starting.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

What exactly is this guidance? They've all been on holidays, they've all been eating at restaurants in town? They're exempt from travel quarantines due to being elite athletes and getting regular tests aren't they?

They are mates from Argentina, both now in Europe, meeting up. I find it very hard to believe they'd be that stupid to put up a picture if he was signing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What exactly is this guidance? They've all been on holidays, they've all been eating at restaurants in town? They're exempt from travel quarantines due to being elite athletes and getting regular tests aren't they?

They are mates from Argentina, both now in Europe, meeting up. I find it very hard to believe they'd be that stupid to put up a picture if he was signing.

I don't know - and you are right but now they're back training. Like I say I'm pretty sure no professional club wants it's players in the week leading up to a new season flying to different countries and taking unnecessary risks. I assume they are all living in a fairly controlled 'bubble'

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

All of this. Add in the fact he's not a player in a position we're obviously targetting (striker/LWB).

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Exactly my thoughts as well. However, there is that little bit of doubt that they could have been that stupid

That then gets me excited about us signing a player that I hadn't heard of before this thread

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
so you think everyone here is in the wrong, and you believe he flew all this way to Brighton and potentially broke quarantine laws and club rules just to pop in and say hello to MacAllister?

No I dont.....in the age of facetime, skype, whatsapp, whatever, with the backdrop of the pandemic........ You'd have to be very very best mates celebrating some pretty special milestone occasion, to hire a charter aircraft, and fly from Austria to Shoreham/Gatwick for 2 days............. spending the 10's of thousands a private bizjet may cost, just to say hi and play playstation a couple of evenings. I Don't buy it personally.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No I dont.....in the age of facetime, skype, whatsapp, whatever, with the backdrop of the pandemic........ You'd have to be very very best mates celebrating some pretty special milestone occasion, to hire a charter aircraft, and fly from Austria to Shoreham/Gatwick for 2 days............. spending the 10's of thousands a private bizjet may cost, just to say hi and play playstation a couple of evenings. I Don't buy it personally.

Exactly.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
so you think everyone here is in the wrong, and you believe he flew all this way to Brighton and potentially broke quarantine laws and club rules just to pop in and say hello to MacAllister?

Given that there is so much denying of it going on, I'm certainly acknowledging the possibility. It wouldn't be the first time a footballer has done something daft.

We will see.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It’s been a long time since that Tweet, this isn’t happening. Would have signed before now.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He is a forward right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports