Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Romano says he may be available this window, and Leicester have made an approach.

Wonder if we’d make contact or if the club has moved on / has other targets? Stats are good, and wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Trossard.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Romano says he may be available this window, and Leicester have made an approach.

Wonder if we’d make contact or if the club has moved on / has other targets? Stats are good, and wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Trossard.
File under 'The club has moved on'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Probably hotter when the team was playing three at the back with two wing backs with less defensive duties. But perhaps can't be ruled out if Trossard would leave.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Good mates with Mac as I recall? A good call if Tross was to leave but I’d like to see us in profit over the two deals as I think Nico would have some way to go to reach Tross’ levels but perhaps could better his consistency.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We do like to return to players on multiple occasions trying to convince them we are the right club for them. Equally the fans like to stick with the same names. A wide attacker is an area that we have strengthened over recent transfers windows with the arrival of Mitoma, Sarmiento & Enciso as well as March thriving on the right but these positions seem more vital to our style of play under RDZ than they were with Potter and the uncertainty around Trossard might make the move more viable at this time

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
get him in. The transfer outlay and the £60k+ a week, all money well spent, if it keeps Alexis Mac happy here!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
A wide attacker is an area that we have strengthened over recent transfers windows with the arrival of Mitoma, Sarmiento & Enciso as well as March thriving on the right but these positions seem more vital to our style of play under RDZ than they were with Potter and the uncertainty around Trossard might make the move more viable at this time
As well as Mitoma, Sarmiento, and Enciso - We also have Simon Adingra who is having a pretty decent loan season at RUSG. (Wide attacker) and of course Buonanotte who is more of a No.10 I guess.
Sima at Angers is also ours but. hasn’t shown much yet due to injury/poor form.
And Ferguson, Undav, Welbeck.
We have a lot of forwards…

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Good mates with Mac as I recall? A good call if Tross was to leave but I’d like to see us in profit over the two deals as I think Nico would have some way to go to reach Tross’ levels but perhaps could better his consistency.
He's a little bit better than Tross IMO.

Also he's 5'11" and can play as more of a natural striker so gives good options

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Had heard Potter was desperate to sign him, so I doubt we'll be back in for him with Mitoma & Trossard varying for that position plus Adringa to come in next season...when Trossard has inevitably got his move away.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

We already have a replacement for Trossard, his name is Kaoru Mitoma.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We already have a replacement for Trossard, his name is Kaoru Mitoma.
Sure but sell Trossard and once again there is a deficit of players who can do something on their own and create something out of nothing. I've been screaming for a Trossard option/partner for years so that the team doesn't have to be over-reliant on his performances. Good, competitive situation now and the additions of particularly Mitoma and Sarmiento finally meant that Brighton has a decent number of players that can beat their man (Trossard, March, Mitoma and to some extent Sarmiento). Sell Tross and one injury to Mitoma/March would feel pretty bad unless one of the young wingers turn out to be consistent enough to start every week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sure but sell Trossard and once again there is a deficit of players who can do something on their own and create something out of nothing. I've been screaming for a Trossard option/partner for years so that the team doesn't have to be over-reliant on his performances. Good, competitive situation now and the additions of particularly Mitoma and Sarmiento finally meant that Brighton has a decent number of players that can beat their man (Trossard, March, Mitoma and to some extent Sarmiento). Sell Tross and one injury to Mitoma/March would feel pretty bad unless one of the young wingers turn out to be consistent enough to start every week.
You are getting greedy, who do you think we are…Chelsea :wink:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I’m guessing he’s not that good then if they want rid
He’s probably wishing he came here last season having spent the best part of six weeks watching his mate Mac rip it up in Qatar. Hardly played in Italy. Plays under another young Italian manager - but one with a lower profile than RDZ. Get him fit and sign him an we’d probably have 66% of Argentina’s future forward line

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We have a replacement for Trossard as a left winger/inside forward. Not as a false 9 or any of the other weird positions he has been played in. Mitoma is not a like for like player.
I have never really been a fan of Tross as a false no. 9, for me he is best when played in a wide left position, pure and simple. Much the same position best suited to Mitoma in my opinion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He’s probably wishing he came here last season having spent the best part of six weeks watching his mate Mac rip it up in Qatar. Hardly played in Italy. Plays under another young Italian manager - but one with a lower profile than RDZ. Get him fit and sign him an we’d probably have 66% of Argentina’s future forward line
He is doing well enough in Italy, that he was in the World Cup squad, too. He had to withdraw through injury about 2 days before they set off.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
No rumour to speak of but if he is available I wonder if we will try to go back in for him if Leo leaves. Should be similar money to what we get for Leo and still young enough to sell for a profit should he come in and do well.

Plays left, right and down the middle. Decent in the air too. Personally I'd like a replacement with more experience, but if the club go with the youngsters then trust that they think we can keep this momentum up without the extra depth/experience.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here