Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 34 16.9%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Totally agree. Shorey would get into most Championship teams, but don't expect him to make runs or passes like Bridge does.

I'd be happy if he could just do the defensive part. I miss Wayne Bridge but all things considered this is a pretty good replacement.

For the record, Shorey is younger than Ashley Cole. Just saying.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Shorey would be a great addition to the squad. If we manage to tie up a loan deal for Ake the 2 positions vacated by Bridge and Upson will have been sorted out.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Screen Shot 2013-06-24 at 19.20.36.png

Am I being an idiot, or is this Mr Shorey training with us?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not as good as Bridge but solid Championship full-back. Only 32 and played a fair few games in the Premier League last season. Like

I think we need to forget Bridge as there is no way we will get anyone as good.

Shorey sounds like he would be a really good signing. Played a fair number of games for West Brom and Reading in the Premier League over the last few seasons. I'm a little surprised that he has agreed to come on trial rather than ask for a deal but hopefully he impresses and gets a deal.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes from me. A good player, especially at Championship level. Would like us to bring in an understudy too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who the fk are these people posting on NSC? 90% of people didnt want Upson.

Don't know where you get that from. As I recall, the overwhelming majority of people on here were very keen for Upson to sign (what's happened to him BTW? Don't think he's gone anywhere else yet) and there were just a few oddbods who didn't want him.

Same with Shorey - most people on here think he'd be perfectly decent signing, there are few people in a fantasy world who think we can do better (presumably think we'll sign Ashley Cole) but they don't speak for everyone

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We are in the market for 2 left backs. Shorey has experience and a promotion pedigree, a good replacement for Bridge. Maybe complimented by a younger lower league signing with pace and potential.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Don't know where you get that from. As I recall, the overwhelming majority of people on here were very keen for Upson to sign (what's happened to him BTW? Don't think he's gone anywhere else yet) and there were just a few oddbods who didn't want him.

Same with Shorey - most people on here think he'd be perfectly decent signing, there are few people in a fantasy world who think we can do better (presumably think we'll sign Ashley Cole) but they don't speak for everyone

Well most people on here no absolutely **** all about football ..all the twats who said Upson was going to be a shit signing...and there were many who didnt think that Bridge was going to do anything for us also.... ?.... Just shows doesnt it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well most people on here no absolutely **** all about football ..all the twats who said Upson was going to be a shit signing....

But they didn't. As I said, most people were all in favour of Upson coming - it was only a few people who didn't rate the idea. God knows why

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
But they didn't. As I said, most people were all in favour of Upson coming - it was only a few people who didn't rate the idea. God knows why

Because this is the same human race which chooses to watch talent shows voting for bouncing balls and Jedward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports