• No

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Fence

Votes: 34 16.9%

• Total voters

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Each time we get linked with one of these 'older' players from the premier league a lot of people seem to think they are past it. He's not long turned 32 so he's younger than Upson and Bridge, he has spent the vast majority of his career playing in the top flight, how can this be a bad signing?

Spot on.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Like for like replacement for Bridge. Not many players get England recognition while playing for Reading...But then Coppell always did get the best out of left backs. Mayo had his best season for us in the championship. If he looks good on trial, i'd be very happy to see us sign him.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Like for like replacement for Bridge. Not many players get England recognition while playing for Reading...But then Coppell always did get the best out of left backs. Mayo had his best season for us in the championship. If he looks good on trial, i'd be very happy to see us sign him.

Not really like for like, Bridge is much better.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
This is the thing, Bridge is still a very very good player, FAR too good for the Championship. Shorey should be more than capable in this division, he would be a solid addition.

Totally agree. Shorey would get into most Championship teams, but don't expect him to make runs or passes like Bridge does.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He is 32 not 42. Jesus according to some on here, you should be put out to grass when you reach 30. He could easily have 3 very good years still left in him.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
You seen a lot of Shorey in the flesh have you, or is you opinion based on the clubs Bridge has not played much for in the last 3/4 years???

Has this site got an ignore function? Because Bridge is obviously better, stats and common sense backs that up. It's not even worth arguing lol

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Has this site got an ignore function? Because Bridge is obviously better, stats and common sense backs that up. It's not even worth arguing lol

Obviously better because he played for Chelsea, Man City, England and has a famous girlfriend you mean. On that basis David Beckham must have been a much better player than Matt Le Tisser...I'm not saying Shorey is better than Bridge, i'm saying he is younger and not may people get an England call up playing for Reading. Some player are lucky with there careers you know, right move right time. I'm just saying I think Shorey could be a very good signing indeed.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Don't worry, mate. Kevtherev is a dullard who consistently posts crap.
And yes, there's an ignore function.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Who the fk are these people posting on NSC? 90% of people didnt want Upson.

Probably the best cb to ever play for us in last 20 years.

Shorey would be a top signing and within our budget.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't worry, mate. Kevtherev is a dullard who consistently posts crap.
And yes, there's an ignore function.

Lol, thought i'd get a bit more recognition after the events of the last couple of weeks. But then I suppose you still think Poyet has done no wrong???

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Lol, thought i'd get a bit more recognition after the events of the last couple of weeks. But then I suppose you still think Poyet has done no wrong???

You're a cock. There's your recognition.

I think neither you nor I know what he has done and that your assumption of his guilt was not helpful, nor fair.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Who the fk are these people posting on NSC? 90% of people didnt want Upson.

Probably the best cb to ever play for us in last 20 years.

Shorey would be a top signing and within our budget.

Same idiots that said THREE years ago Phillips was crap and we shouldn't touch him with a bargpole. They are clueless, next he will be shit because he can't speak Spanish.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I suppose one of the big differences would be Shorey would be a permanent signing, while Bridge was always just a loan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here