Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Szczepanik Tweets Poyet hearing Monday now!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
People say contracts in football are not worth the paper they're written on. This would certainly seem to be the case from the club's point of view. Gus happily signed a 5-year deal guaranteeing him income in the eventuality the club were to sack him if results were poor. The club mitigated their risk by inserting the compensation clause for £2.5mill. Yet Gus seems to be holding all the aces.

Management jobs always come up, if he should miss the boat this summer he's only got to wait until October when no doubt two or three of Norwich / Fulham / Sunderland / West Ham / Newcastle will be getting twitchy. The same will apply in La Liga. Plenty of jobs, plenty of golf. Meanwhile, the Albion can kiss goodbye to that £2.5million, baulk at the legal fees currently being racked up and despair as potential signings disappear one by one.

Meanwhile, Gus' reputation hits the basement, and no clubs of any standing are interested in taking him on. Certainly not the 'special club' the Arrogant One thinks he can walk into.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gus and Charlie were told by text on Weds that the club weren't yet in a position to make them an offer, hence the delay until Monday. Gus and Charlie are still both away. I'll probably be accused of being an attention seeker again but heyho do I care!

Love the idea that things are being done by text message, the legal world be much easier if limited to 300 characters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think you can add Southampton to that list, their manager got twitchy towards the end of last season, Villa, will their board and fans stomach a bad start and Swansea with the Laudrup/Agent/Chairman fallout

None of which will be interested in Gus.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
So with the appointment of Pellegrini and Coyle all 92 English league clubs now have a manager "in place" for the new season - and 91 of them know who'll be conducting pre-season training and managing their first friendlies. I feel this has been handled so poorly and shows ineptitude on the part of the club. The priority business of the club is to be succesful on the pitch first and foremost - and the season preparation has been damaged very badly. Painted themselves firmly into the corner.

For those asking about Nick Szeczpanik he's a top operator - solid journalist - and a long time Brighton enthusiast. His information can be followed very reliably.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Many on here decided very quickly that he was the devil incarnate and everything from poogate to the holocaust was his fault - actually not knowing anything at all has not stopped them making it all up and mouthing off. I'm sure they feel better for it.

Whilst many on here see Gus as the Messiah, and can't possibly accept he MAY be guilty of gross misconduct, and is certainly guilty of being disrespectful to, and unappreciative of, his chairman and the privileged opportunity the latter has provided him.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Whilst many on here see Gus as the Messiah, and can't possibly accept he MAY be guilty of gross misconduct, and is certainly guilty of being disrespectful to, and unappreciative of, his chairman and the privileged opportunity the latter has provided him.

Stuck record?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
For those asking about Nick Szeczpanik he's a top operator - solid journalist - and a long time Brighton enthusiast. His information can be followed very reliably.

But.......is he Not Andy Naylor?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus is back in the UK, just landed from Malaga. If I tell you how I know this I may loose my job, but hes is 100% back in the UK.

Did you manage to send his luggage over to Heathrow for a detour via Lima ???

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure many football owners read NSC

I'm sure they don't, but they ARE aware of his ridiculous public pronouncements, and not just about the Albion, e.g. idiotic support of Suarez, over-criticism of referees, etc.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I'm sure they don't, but they ARE aware of his ridiculous public pronouncements, and not just about the Albion, e.g. idiotic support of Suarez, over-criticism of referees, etc.

Yes but that is all clear to us more than anyone because it is the focus of our lives at the moment. There was the pigs head in the locker incident a few weeks ago but I suspect that most people have forgotten all about that apart from the clubs fan message board

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So with the appointment of Pellegrini and Coyle all 92 English league clubs now have a manager "in place" for the new season - and 91 of them know who'll be conducting pre-season training and managing their first friendlies. The priority business of the club is to be succesful on the pitch first and foremost - and the season preparation has been damaged very badly. Painted themselves firmly into the corner.

Exactly what I've been thinking we're letting ourselves get behind the rest.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Jesus, you really despise Poyet don't you? Have you ever posted anything on here which is NOT a criticism of him in some way or other? The fact that he's been the best manager this club has seen for years seems to have bypassed you completely. Campaigns of vindictiveness are tedious - as the other poster said, change the record.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
It's despicable really, we are being treated like muppets after three weeks and like lemmings we've all renewed our season tickets.
But hey, there's no smoke without fire and our Owner/CEO aren't idiots. Quite the opposite, so have faith and patience because they're all like us, fans, and have our best interests at heart despite our misgivings. With these two at the helm I can't help but think, be patient and we might be pleasantly surprised.
God bless TB despite the past three weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here