Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Szczepanik Tweets Poyet hearing Monday now!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
let him go to swansea - a dump of a town - he wont understand any of the accent, no spanish restaurants...

...i would love it if he went there and took them down.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
not andy naylor is not andy naylor and andy naylor is not not andy naylor

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not a massive Poyet fan but not sure the club has covered itself in glory by the way this has been handled. Particularly true of Oatway as well.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Maybe be totally different here, but whenever we have scheduled a hearing we check holidays etc and give a date in writing a set number of days hence, usually seven, and ask the other party to confirm okay etc. How do we get to the stage that the meeting was set for today only to be changed at the last minute?
Not great from one of the parties whatever way you look at it.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I am not a massive Poyet fan but not sure the club has covered itself in glory by the way this has been handled. Particularly true of Oatway as well.

Based on what? For all we know, the club has followed its own disciplinary code to the letter and is complying with some quite demanding employment law. I wish people wouldn't keep saying "the club could handle this better" because (a) we don't know if that's true and (b) the club is not in a position where it can make public statements about the fate of employees involved in an ongoing disciplinary process.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Based on what? For all we know, the club has followed its own disciplinary code to the letter and is complying with some quite demanding employment law. I wish people wouldn't keep saying "the club could handle this better" because (a) we don't know if that's true and (b) the club is not in a position where it can make public statements about the fate of employees involved in an ongoing disciplinary process.

I'm not suggesting the club should be telling everyone what is going on until the investigation is concluded.

Not a joke Club - yet, if at all. Yes we could have done the obvious thing and just sacked Gus etc without bothering to investigate the allegations and then worry about the consequences later. But potentially now we'd be a couple of £m worse having to pay him compensation or dragging us through an unfair dismissal claim . I don't know exactly what sort of figure he would take us for but that's a hell of a dent in a transfer budget for new manager. Also put it in the context of the 18 redundancies. The number of jobs lost could easily double if we just roll over and give Gus £2m.

Do you really want to gift such a big chunk of everyone's ST money into Gus's bank account when he is no longer anything to do with us? I for one am pleased that The Albion have had the balls to do this properly. Ok it has dragged on which is frustrating for us all not least because both sides have (rightly) managed to keep a lid on the details.

But hopefully at the end of the disciplinary process there will be absolutely no doubt as to the outcome. The timescale suggests it was not a straightforward matter to investigate, gather evidence, interview people and prepare the legal side of things. Unlike workplace disputes that most of us NSCers might encounter and dealt with by HR, this is not your average workplace, the people involved have very high public profiles, their professional reputations and future prospects may be at stake, the financial implications may be very significant, sponsors will be sensitive to the findings and no doubt there are very expensive lawyers at work on both sides. You haven't heard the League Managers Association complaining about the Albion dragging their heels so suggest they recognise that the process has to take its course.

With The Albion having suspended Gus and told him not to have any contact with the Club then presumably the Club would have to give him reasonable notice of a hearing date. His lawyers would ask for reasonable time to consider his defence. I think most people would wish to have an opportunity to give their side of things in person. If Gus is currently on a pre-arranged commitment that is one thing but if he has elected to be awkward then he won't help his case.

If this process saves us a huge chunk of money that all of us would rather spend on footie matters, then so be it.

I do agree that we could look bad if Gus is reinstated because I wouldn't like to predict how he would handle that. Badly, I suspect.
Indeed.

Just as a suspension is "a neutral act", that has no bearing on the final decision that an employer makes, so is an agreement between the parties to vary the timetable for reaching the decision.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Gus and Charlie were told by text on Weds that the club weren't yet in a position to make them an offer, hence the delay until Monday. Gus and Charlie are still both away. I'll probably be accused of being an attention seeker again but heyho do I care!

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Gus and Charlie were told by text on Weds that the club weren't yet in a position to make them an offer, hence the delay until Monday. Gus and Charlie are still both away. I'll probably be accused of being an attention seeker again but heyho do I care!

What do you mean by an offer??? they are under contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here