Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nick Szczepanik Tweets Poyet hearing Monday now!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The fact that hes not there today would indicate that maybe there was no meeting today. The PR from the club is just plain bad. When you say nothing then people will begin to imagine things and assume the wrong things. What this whole sad saga is doing to the players especially those offered new contracts lord only knows..

I believe the meeting was originally supposed to be today.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As usual the selfish bigheaded buffoon doing himself no favours, if his hearing is arranged then he should be there, total lack of respect towards the club.

Gus poyet showing his true colours

Is it not possible that Barber and Bloom set the date without checking if Gus would be back - something I've seen many times in business. Of course this wouldn't fit your anti-Gus stance !

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham

Like you say if poyet was aware of this hearing in time and did not attend then it looks bad from his perspective. But the club are not without fault. I was onside originally with time and confidentiality but 4 plus weeks and no end in sight and the saga affecting next season plans as it must. You cant say it has been decisive leadership.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
According to Sky Wigan are to name former Bolton boss Owen Coyle as manager.. Gus isnt in Wigan then and that ca be classed as abroad cant it?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The press release is due for Tuesday as I posted on another thread earlier this morning. See you then.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

I suspect an element of creative communication from the club here. It gets out that a meeting was due today and then it gets out that it isn't happening as Gus isn't attending. How much of this non attendance was known before today would be interesting. And of course, a hearing can be held in absentia if reasonable notice was given.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
So 13 outfield players including harley, but no left back. It cant continue into next week, or we will struggle at the start if the season without doubt.

If we are all honest whilst some players have agreed to sign for other clubs already there have been very few that we have missed out on who we had a realistic chance of getting and who would have improved the squad.

Additionally, whilst we may be lacking a bit in numbers, the quality is still good. The worst case scenario if the season started tomorrow is something like below. There is plenty of time to add to this...

29. Kuszchak

2. Bruno
3. Greer
5. Dunk
14. Calderon

26. Bridcutt
8. Crofts

30. Buckley
11. Orlandi
25. Lua Lua

19. Ulloa

Plus Brezovan, Ankergren, Harley and Barnes.

In addition to that you still have CMS and Hoskins who are injured.

El-Abd is 90% certain to stay I would think and With Lopez there is a fair chance of him staying.

With development squad players possibly stepping up such as JFC, Barker, Agdestein, Dickinson, March etc I can see only an urgent need for a left back and a central midfielder.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
What a joke club we have become in a few short weeks. Indecisive, incompetent, inept, but all is well because they are looking forward to Tano coming back after his holidays. Yeah right.

Not a joke Club - yet, if at all. Yes we could have done the obvious thing and just sacked Gus etc without bothering to investigate the allegations and then worry about the consequences later. But potentially now we'd be a couple of £m worse having to pay him compensation or dragging us through an unfair dismissal claim . I don't know exactly what sort of figure he would take us for but that's a hell of a dent in a transfer budget for new manager. Also put it in the context of the 18 redundancies. The number of jobs lost could easily double if we just roll over and give Gus £2m.

Do you really want to gift such a big chunk of everyone's ST money into Gus's bank account when he is no longer anything to do with us? I for one am pleased that The Albion have had the balls to do this properly. Ok it has dragged on which is frustrating for us all not least because both sides have (rightly) managed to keep a lid on the details.

But hopefully at the end of the disciplinary process there will be absolutely no doubt as to the outcome. The timescale suggests it was not a straightforward matter to investigate, gather evidence, interview people and prepare the legal side of things. Unlike workplace disputes that most of us NSCers might encounter and dealt with by HR, this is not your average workplace, the people involved have very high public profiles, their professional reputations and future prospects may be at stake, the financial implications may be very significant, sponsors will be sensitive to the findings and no doubt there are very expensive lawyers at work on both sides. You haven't heard the League Managers Association complaining about the Albion dragging their heels so suggest they recognise that the process has to take its course.

With The Albion having suspended Gus and told him not to have any contact with the Club then presumably the Club would have to give him reasonable notice of a hearing date. His lawyers would ask for reasonable time to consider his defence. I think most people would wish to have an opportunity to give their side of things in person. If Gus is currently on a pre-arranged commitment that is one thing but if he has elected to be awkward then he won't help his case.

If this process saves us a huge chunk of money that all of us would rather spend on footie matters, then so be it.

I do agree that we could look bad if Gus is reinstated because I wouldn't like to predict how he would handle that. Badly, I suspect.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
From what I have heard both Oatway and Poyet were asked to come in today despite both being abroad and the club knowing that.
When does Gus expect this to be sorted out then?.... some random time of his choosing?... he has been abroad virtually since the week after the playoff game, first we hear Italy, then Barbados, now somewhere else.... it is holiday season, but he is in a bit of a pickle with the club, he should be flexing a little to get this sorted asap. By the way, his "dream job" options are very thin on the ground, now with Wigan moving on, I guess he is holding out for the Swansea role.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
When does Gus expect this to be sorted out then?.... some random time of his choosing?... he has been abroad virtually since the week after the playoff game, first we hear Italy, then Barbados, now somewhere else.... it is holiday season, but he is in a bit of a pickle with the club, he should be flexing a little to get this sorted asap. By the way, his "dream job" options are very thin on the ground, now with Wigan moving on, I guess he is holding out for the Swansea role.

When the club decide, since they call the shots. Hes abroad because its close season, they take pre-booked holidays at this time.

I dont think you would cut short a family holiday you have had booked for months to come in for work, right ? Besides it can happen without Gus being present anyway, so its all irrelevant.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
From what I have heard both Oatway and Poyet were asked to come in today despite both being abroad and the club knowing that.

Either way I am pretty fed up with it whether the club have been unrealistic in trying for the meeting today or if gus is just stalling because he can.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here