Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice bunch our mates up the road.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Some BBS members didn't like that understandably but, Jesus wept, how pathetic was the response?

15odr9w.jpg

Wah wah wah......he called me horrible.....ban him. Unbelievable scenes.

...but has been shot down in flames by the brown-noses on there. Whichever way you paint it that is pathetic, childish, puerile....Palace owners - the gift that keeps on giving.

He is actually, not even as a joke or anything, complaining about being 'neg-repped' on a message board - :lolol: Brilliant.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
But does he? In what way? He only bit when he was subject to extremely vicious trolling.

I hope it wasn't something really bad. Did he call him 'really horrible'?

Why can teenage footballers understand that responding to Twitter trolls is not the done thing but not your bouffant buffoon of a chairman?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes that would be funny - however that isn't what he said so kinda ruins your joke huh.

No..no it doesn't. The way he acts gives me joy each day. I feel sorry for you guys as fans i really do. Your owners make a mockery of you all. Can you honestly say you're not embarrassed with the Twitter rants?

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
I hope it wasn't something really bad. Did he call him 'really horrible'?

Why can teenage footballers understand that responding to Twitter trolls is not the done thing but not your bouffant buffoon of a chairman?

Yeah you are right, lets let the trolls do what they want. I apologise.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
No..no it doesn't. The way he acts gives me joy each day. I feel sorry for you guys as fans i really do. Your owners make a mockery of you all. Can you honestly say you're not embarrassed with the Twitter rants?

Not at all. He took exception to a couple of trolls aiming disgusting comments at him. As is his right. He runs the clubs extremely well and saved it from extinction. I don't like his hair, but I don't base what i think of people on whether i fancy them or not.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
COmmenting on one of the many threads about Palace that I did not start. You Brighton fans are keen on the Priceless tagline huih - you realise that's Mastercard not Amex don't you?

I just do get flummoxed by the vitiol you have against us. So much more than the football as rivalries should be. Down to the chairman's haircut and the stance he takes against the scum that threaten people online.

I'm all for the banter taking the piss after our capitulation against you and I don't really mind the constant references to the fact that you now get higher attendances than us - for nearly two full seasons too! But does it not feel a bit embarrassing to jump on every sound bite even when it is a non event?

Palace chariman vows to ban twitter trolls who visciously insult and threaten players, staff and players families. Oooh how dare he - what a joke of a man, Croydon is shit, Selhurst is falling down, he has silly hair... I mean really?

Well fair enough, and I'm sure you have the same view on the anti albion vitriol which is so extreme and prevalent in the away section of the BBS.

The thing is very few have any actual sympathy with these internet abusers and your chairman has some support in his stance.

However, these little arguments he has on twitter, particularly when he drops his professionalism and reacts with threats of bans and legal action, are to some of us very funny indeed :lolol:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The owners on the whole have done a great job at Palace, can't argue there. It's just their PR skills are horrendous and provide such amusement to the likes us. The tweet on Sunday about Murray being 'nailed on' to win the award seconds before it going to Vydra was cracking.

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
The owners on the whole have done a great job at Palace, can't argue there. It's just their PR skills are horrendous and provide such amusement to the likes us. The tweet on Sunday about Murray being 'nailed on' to win the award seconds before it going to Vydra was cracking.

Yes that is true. I give you that. However shouldn't have been Vydra should it - you must agree with that?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I think a Watford fan has done a "Downfall" bunker room subtitle jobbie on the very subject which is on YouTube :lol:

Yes that is true. I give you that. However shouldn't have been Vydra should it - you must agree with that?

Well, if I'm not mistaken, the awards were voted for by the Managers of each league, so he must have got more votes than the others, so yes he deserved it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I didn't mention his hair...but now you come to mention it, he does look like an 80's coke fiend! But seriously, how many other football league chairman/owners do you see get into a slanging match with fans on social networking sites? I kind of understand why your backing him here, but surely deep down you can see his actions are wrong, and that he should just ignore the trolls who abuse him? He truly does make your club look bad. I'm not sure which fella was threatening to turn over tables at the F.L. awards last night, but surely you can't condone that??

Edit: These Q's are for mcgoldrick, I forgot to add your quote!

oldboy

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
The players didnt even try at the amex and the chairman has no idea of what the match means to us chaiman players come and go and its us the fans who are the club. To ban fans is madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here