Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice bunch our mates up the road.

You should applaud him and the other owners really for reviving the club you love to hate so much. Imagine if we had gone under? Who would you talk about on your forums? Who would you wind yourselves up about? It would be boring for you without us.

I am obviously pleased Palace are still around.

I draw the line at applauding.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I believe you. After all....

"Dougie will not be Bolton's manager. Anyone with a brain can see that."

It just seemed such a ridiculous decision. Bolton were rotting at the bottom of the table and Palace were in the top 4. Who on earth would want to leave?

Still, I'm pleased with how it turned out. Games are a lot more exciting under Holloway. Unless we're getting beaten 3-0 by our rivals, of course.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I had no idea Douglas would be stupid enough to leave, but I wouldn't ever offer such stupid odds on anything to do with football if I was actually interested in gambling.

I do and don't believe you. I do believe you had no idea he would leave, hence the bet. I don't believe it was a piss-take, you come across as such a cocky wotsit that it's totally in keeping with all your other posts. Seeing as no-one on here knows you in real-life this persona you project is the only thing we have to go on. You got your fingers well and truly burned and then welched on the bet. Poor show.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I hate Gannets - They wet their nests.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
STEVE-PARRISH-0811_2858240.jpg

10615chr_charming_p4_800_edited.jpg

Too many pages with no pictures, time for these again I think - a picture says a thousand words!!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I go for the sledgehammer approach.

Shame Zahaha didn't show up on the 17th as I was geared up to give him some:vuvu:

Sledgehammers one way of describing your humour . That picture proves that you can take the piss with humour , a fact very much lost on you .

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I go for the sledgehammer approach.

Shame Zahaha didn't show up on the 17th as I was geared up to give him some:vuvu:

I thought of Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men" , I can see him shouting at Winifred "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TOOTH" :lol:

It just seemed such a ridiculous decision. Bolton were rotting at the bottom of the table and Palace were in the top 4. Who on earth would want to leave?

Freedman heard about your bet and decided it was worth leaving Palace to show you up as the welching piece of shite you are. Pay Up and feck off or at the very least feck off :ffsparr:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Hopefully.

He is a lovely chap. He has never been disrespectful to any fans that haven't insulted him or his players/managers. He simply feels personally responsible for the defense of his club in the media which isn't his job. He's not always completely professional but he's extremely passionate about the club and Palace fans in general greatly appreciate CPFC2010. They saved our club, they're running our club sensibly and with any luck they'll get us promoted. Top blokes all round - but they're rather new to being scrutinized.

Is it dark and rather moist up there you deluded fool you

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Sorry guys but this is ridiculous.
Did anyone give him money as a bet?
It is incredulous to assume he should give £200 or £10 to REMF. He said he would offer 20/1 . . meaning he would gain the stake if the outcome was Dougie to a premiership team/not moving.
What Philzo-93 offered was to donate his money to charity rather than give it to seaside/glenn-murray.
The bet only offered two outcomes, £200 from seaside to charity or £10 from Philzo-93 to charity. Neither of these outcomes are favourable to Seaside/Glenn-Murray so why are you trying to force him to pay?

I am not that much of a gambling man, nor do I plan to be one. I do, however, know my football and seeing as he really thought Dougie was going to stay and offered silly odds for it, I would take it up but make it more of a giving moment and put the money to REMF - I would much rather see the money go to better use than for my pie and pint matchday addiction.

He should not be going round making stupid bets like this if he gives it the big'un and vanishes from the face of the earth.

Oh and [MENTION=20004]Glenn-Murray[/MENTION] :

Dougie left because he could live closer to family; more money; more job security and have more money! Simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here